Sadly...

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Sadly...

Post by Julian Grimm »

Well things in my life finally progressed to a critical point and I am getting a divorce. It just got to the point that we couldn't live together and nothing can be reconciled.

Howevever, there are bright spots though and I have a lot support. And I will get to game more. So all is not bad.

Funny enough I am happier without her which shows that it was over long ago. Life goes in and I refuse to pine away for her or not move on with my life.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Sadly...

Post by Go0gleplex »

Sorry to hear that mate. But I definitely can relate. Best wishes for the coming days.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Definitely sounds like it was time to call things quits. Even after 26 years my wife is still my favorite person to be around.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Julian Grimm wrote:Well things in my life finally progressed to a critical point and I am getting a divorce. It just got to the point that we couldn't live together and nothing can be reconciled.

Howevever, there are bright spots though and I have a lot support. And I will get to game more. So all is not bad.

Funny enough I am happier without her which shows that it was over long ago. Life goes in and I refuse to pine away for her or not move on with my life.
Sorry to hear that boss. If your wife isn't your best friend (or a close second) then, yeah, it might be time for some reevaluating of things. Life had given my wife and I some trouble spots for the last couple of years, but we've hopefully made it though the rough patch.

I'm sure things will look up for you, sir. Whatever you believe in, I think things happen for a reason.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Thanks guys. I wish I could say I was sad or tore up. While I am about the kids, I'm just not. Maybe I am at that stage where I would rather be happy. Maybe I just reached a point where I am done.

Whatever it is, I am just looking to get myself set up and ready to start again.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Sorry to hear that. Wish you the best going forward.

Harlock
Ungern

Post by Harlock »

If you are happier without her, it's definitely the right thing to do. As to the kids, my Uncle waited until my closest cousin was 18 before divorcing my Aunt. My cousin said he wished they hadn't stayed together "for the kids" because it was such a miserable environment. You deserve to be happy.
~~~~~R.I.P~~~~~
Tom Moldvay
Nov. 5, 1948 – March 9, 2007
B/X, B4, X2 - You were D&D to me

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Sorry to hear, JG. Best of luck moving forward.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Again thanks.
Lord Skystorm

arcanechimera
Site Admin

Post by arcanechimera »

Sounds like it was the right thing to do. Better to walk alone than poorly accompanied.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Sorry to hear, but if that is the feeling you have with the end of it, you are right it was time to end it.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Sometimes it's better to take a step back, so that we can once again move forward.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

If it is for the better, and you will be happier, then I offer you no condolences but encouragement. Sometimes, like medical procedures, you have to endure the moments of pain to get relief. Dwarf up, bub. This will pass. And you will be stronger. Like gaining a level.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Well I have someone that is helping me through this and without them it would be unbearable.
Lord Skystorm

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Julian Grimm wrote:Well I have someone that is helping me through this and without them it would be unbearable.
I imagine what this is doing to the kids is extremely painful.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Yeah it is but kids are resilient and I keep in touch with them.

On another note I am looking for an apartment in a different town feeling that some distance from the ex is best.
Lord Skystorm

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Yeah, it's been a few months.

Divorce is tough and divorce at 41 is worse. I'm still around but have had less and less time to game or even think about gaming.

I have a new job and did find a place but I really want out of the studio apt. I have has a bad string of luck from a robbery to totalling my car to the stb former Mrs. Grimm using the kids as pawns.

I have been lurking here some and figured I would let you know I am still around. I hope everyone is doing well.
Lord Skystorm

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Head up, JG. I'll be thinking of you.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Rigon wrote:Head up, JG. I'll be thinking of you.

R-
+1 This
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Go0gleplex wrote:
Rigon wrote:Head up, JG. I'll be thinking of you.

R-
+1 This

Rgr that.

Nothing I say can make it better or ease it ... If you have faith, my prayers are for you. If not, at the least know that I think about you and hope you make it through the storm ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Thanks all.

As far as faith goes, I still have some left. It has changed but still there. So the prayers and thoughts are appreciated.

I'm just trying to get through this and stay strong right now.
Lord Skystorm

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Just don't do it all alone. Seek out friends and family for advice and to simply do fun things with. Don't let the negatives rule your life. Don't isolate yourself.