Health update

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Health update

Post by Treebore »

Well, they did not call Thursday, or at all. So in the VA system here, that means it wasn't a "bad" result. So to be absolutely sure, I will have to wait for the write up to arrive in the mail.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

So "no news" really is good new in this case? We will keep hoping!

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Missed this over the last 2 weeks. I hope you are getting better and better, Tree.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Zudrak wrote:Missed this over the last 2 weeks. I hope you are getting better and better, Tree.
Yes and no. However, I went to the Doctors today, and hopefully we have an effective new plan that will help me get better, faster, etc...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Good to hear Tree. Keep on keepin' on, and we'll be rooting for you!

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Treebore wrote:
Zudrak wrote:Missed this over the last 2 weeks. I hope you are getting better and better, Tree.
Yes and no. However, I went to the Doctors today, and hopefully we have an effective new plan that will help me get better, faster, etc...
You're either a daft punk or an expensive cyborg... or both.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Take care and miss you Treebore.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

slimykuotoan wrote:Take care and miss you Treebore.
I miss you guys too. You guys' conversion and companionship and friendship is far, far, FAR preferable to all the pain and other issues I am dealing with right now.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Treebore wrote:
Cool. I join in your hope!

Meanwhile:
https://youtu.be/gAjR4_CbPpQ
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Zudrak wrote: Meanwhile:
https://youtu.be/gAjR4_CbPpQ
If only it were that quick and simple.

clavis123
Ulthal

Post by clavis123 »

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Daniel James Hanley
Creator of Ghastly Affair, "The Gothic Game of Romantic Horror".
Player's Manual Now Available on DriveThruRPG and Amazon
Reader discretion is advised.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I am happy to say I am finally feeling improvements.

Harlock
Ungern

Post by Harlock »

Awesome to hear. Let's hope that it is just the beginning of an upward trend toward normalcy.
~~~~~R.I.P~~~~~
Tom Moldvay
Nov. 5, 1948 – March 9, 2007
B/X, B4, X2 - You were D&D to me

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Treebore wrote:I am happy to say I am finally feeling improvements.
Glad to hear this.

arcanechimera
Site Admin

Post by arcanechimera »

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Treebore.
Join the C&C Society and become a Knight of the Crusade at Knightsofthecrusade.com!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Found out why I am taking so long to recover from my GERD. They had me taking a couple of super antacids to stop the acid reflux, but I am still coughing all day, often resulting in dry heaves lasting 2 to 4 minutes. So why do my lungs hurt? Why do I produce all this mucus?

Hmmmm... Maybe because all this chronic coughing and dry heaving caused inflammation in my lungs?

So now I am on meds to help clear up my lungs.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Got to love when the docs forget that health is like chess and knocking down dominos ...

GERD .... Brother, be careful. I just helped with a claim for a vet that is tying bone issues to his long term GERD & the meds for it. It turns out that one (some, I can't remember specifically which med/s caused it) of the drugs for it was a calcium leach and caused wide spread bone issues ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Got to love when the docs forget that health is like chess and knocking down dominos ...

GERD .... Brother, be careful. I just helped with a claim for a vet that is tying bone issues to his long term GERD & the meds for it. It turns out that one (some, I can't remember specifically which med/s caused it) of the drugs for it was a calcium leach and caused wide spread bone issues ...
Yeah, its the super antacid they put us on. Supposedly I will not have to be on it long term. Just long enough to get everything calmed back down to "normal", then the antacid I am normally on should keep things under control. Of course it has problems its possibly the cause of, but we will have to wait and see on that one.

There are advantages being married to a woman who was a Medical Research Librarian for 6 years. She is better than a PDR (Physicians Desk Reference).