Gaming snacks

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Gaming snacks

Post by slimykuotoan »

Which snacks do you typically partake of during your games? :)
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Gaming snacks

Post by Go0gleplex »

Crackers, cookies, jelly beans, chocolate milk or fruit juice.

Though we would also fix a simple dinner for everyone or declare a potluck night as a mid-adventure break. (we played from 4pm to 2am at a session)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Usually Rye Chips, Chips and Salsa, or some type of nut, Pistachio, Macadamia, or Cashew. Plus my wife often finishes making dinner while we are gaming.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

It used to be all sorts of candy, chips, and other snacks, but as we"ve gotten older and rounder, we're moving to healthier fare. Which sucks.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

My gaming snacks are pretty much always roasted almonds and fruit (usually grapes, blueberries, or strawberries). For drinks it is pretty much water or seltzer water. Sometimes coffee if I need a jolt of energy before a session.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I almost always, start the game with a cup o' instant coffee, then follow it up at the halfway point of the session with a cup o' decaf chai tea.

Edibles may include any o' these: pistachios, sour cream 'n onion ruffle chips, a pear, honey roasted peanuts, olives or occasionally, a hunk o' old cheddar cheese.

MMM.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Litzen Tallister
Red Cap

Post by Litzen Tallister »

Generally, something with a lot of vegetables. I'm a big fan of dips made from some combination of beans and vegetables that offset the dangerous lure of chips. If I'm really ambitious, some sort of main dish (most recently, shrimp, red pepper, and potato pressed sandwiches). I agree with Fosco, as our group as gotten older, the value of healthful gaming snacks has increased significantly.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Several years ago with my daughter, nephews and old buddy . .

Pretzels, chips, string cheese, nuts and juice during the game. Afternoon break time for pizza, about 4pm. And then the CK (me) will have a glass of wine along with the za. Gaming for another two hours or so.

And then, we make popcorn and watch fantasy or sci-fi movies.

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Yeah, my brother is the food king for gaming snacks. Other than his contributions, there's always chips and salsa and/or hummus, and a selection of raw veggies.
Litzen Tallister wrote:Generally, something with a lot of vegetables. I'm a big fan of dips made from some combination of beans and vegetables that offset the dangerous lure of chips. If I'm really ambitious, some sort of main dish (most recently, shrimp, red pepper, and potato pressed sandwiches).

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Bacon-wrapped pizza rolls dipped in cheese.

Or brownies.

Or cake.

Depends on whether we're celebrating a birthday, too.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

serleran wrote:Bacon-wrapped pizza rolls dipped in cheese.

Or brownies.

Or cake.

Depends on whether we're celebrating a birthday, too.
Well done!