I can't believe I did it again.

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Daniel
Red Cap

I can't believe I did it again.

Post by Daniel »

I just bought the Haunted Highlands specials, yes all of them. I was so excited so today I sat down to read my new rule books. I started with the "Castle Keepers Guide to the Haunted Highlands". After looking it over I started to get a knot in my stomach. Sure enough, I had just bought the same first six adventures as stand alone files. I did not realize that the Castle Keepers Guide to the Haunted Highlands was a compilation of 9 adventures. :o

God I hate being a noob. :oops:

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: I can't believe I did it again.

Post by Lurker »

Don't feel bad ... I don't know how many times I've gotten something and then seen I have it in hard copy and 3 pdfs ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

Lurker wrote:Don't feel bad ... I don't know how many times I've gotten something and then seen I have it in hard copy and 3 pdfs ...
So I am in good company then. :D

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Daniel, at least you still have the 3 new adventures, and the other material in the HH CKG. Plus, one of the first 6 adventures (maybe #6) has been expanded with an extra Fields of Battle scenario. It's a great book, and I heartily recommend the HH Players Guide as well.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Daniel wrote:
Lurker wrote:Don't feel bad ... I don't know how many times I've gotten something and then seen I have it in hard copy and 3 pdfs ...
So I am in good company then. :D

I can't say I'm "good company" ... just ask my wife :lol:

Good company or not, At least you aren't alone
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

tylermo wrote:Daniel, at least you still have the 3 new adventures, and the other material in the HH CKG. Plus, one of the first 6 adventures (maybe #6) has been expanded with an extra Fields of Battle scenario. It's a great book, and I heartily recommend the HH Players Guide as well.
Oh I know what the value of the CK Guide is to own, but had I known that is contained all the adventures I could have saved the money I spent, at the same time, buying the six adventures and maybe bought something else instead. The HHCKG is nice. I just didn't realize/understand/know it was a compilation of adventures. :|

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Its not just a compilation of adventures, even though it is that as well, but even so, its a much better layout of the adventures as well. Contact Tim, if you bought via their website he may give you a refund.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

Treebore wrote:Its not just a compilation of adventures, even though it is that as well, but even so, its a much better layout of the adventures as well.
I agree with that, I am happy I bought the HH CKG, trust me. :D

Treebore wrote:Contact Tim, if you bought via their website he may give you a refund.
I don't need a refund, I am not mad at him. I am mad at my self for being a noob and not realizing, again, that I was buying more than I needed to buy. I have a lot of history to catch up on when it comes to C&C. :lol: