Of Gods and Monsters

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Of Gods and Monsters

Post by alcyone »

I confess when I first picked up Of Gods and Monsters I thought it was a bit rich, but after I looked at it for a while I was enlightened and the curse of greyface was broken, I lightened up and think it's pure awesome.

I especially love the Gnome pantheon (Beer Sensing? Really Good Cookie? Avocado Justice?) , but an Elf illusionist with all of the elven pantheon spells would be a wicked dragonlord type.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Of Gods and Monsters

Post by Treebore »

I've always liked it. Of course I agree some of the worshipper powers are too strong, but thats easy enough to fix, and I love many of the write ups, with the American Indian pantheon being my favorite.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

For what it is, it is a good read. I would, like others, not use it entirely as written but that's to be expected.... gods and other things change with the landscape and worship. In fact, many of them would be greatly diminished in my current world whereas the dwarf pantheon would find itself much empowered.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

It's full of good ideas!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

It's a pretty good book, I was a bit leery having it at the table though do to the bonus for worshipers and some of the spells. But then said, what they heck, if the players are having fun more power to them. I just advise them to not mess up on the tenets of the faith, otherwise the consequences for failing to do so will be equal to the spells and bonuses if not more. 8-)

One thing though, I felt that the Trolls missed a good opportunity to address a monotheistic and dualistic pantheons.

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

I use the book in my game, i require the characters to tithe and attend services regularly to get the bonus'. If you give the monsters the bonus' as well it all pretty much evens out.
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/