Steam "Plrrrrp!"

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Steam "Plrrrrp!"

Post by Sir Ironside »

Not impressed with Steam at all.

I wanted to play Godus. The first video game that I've wanted to play in well over a decade so I was quite intrigued to try it out.

The barrier has been the Steam site itself. Now to be clear, Steam does offer all kinds of "support" but there was only about 1/3 of the support I was comfortable trying out. Everything else is clearly written for people who are much more comfortable messing around with their computers. Plus some of this support has you doing repetitive things over and over in "hopes" of finding the problem.

I can't tell you just how unhappy I am. I've done more trying to get Godus to work than any other program I've ever tried to install, now I'm just at my breaking point. I'm just going to get my $20 back and have them close my account.

I know that the problem is mostly me and what I am willing and unwilling to do, but there in lies the problem. I am clearly not what Steam views as a customer.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

NJPDX
Hlobane Orc

Re: Steam "Plrrrrp!"

Post by NJPDX »

One thing to bear in mind is that Steam's support for games is going to be pretty generic in most cases unless the game was developed in-house by Valve. My humble suggestion would be to check out the website for Godus and see if they have a FAQ, or a forum where other people are reporting a similar problem.

FWIW, what kind of problem are you having?

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Re: Steam "Plrrrrp!"

Post by TheMetal1 »

Sir Ironside,

Don't give up. I just picked up a couple of games from Steam myself (deals were too good not to) starting with Space Hulk, Blood Bowl Chaos Edition and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, and Shadow Run Returns. This weekend they've got Baulders Gate Enhanced Edition for $5. Well worth it.
Took a quick look at Godus, and right now it seems like it is an Early Beta. Hence you paid to start playing the game before it was released and still has all the bugs in it. Assumption is that you knew that going in, so they will be problems from the get go with the game as it is the Beta. What's the problem you're running into?

On another note, I would recommend Good Old Games as another digital download site. gog.com they're having a sale on the Fallout Series at $4.99 a piece.