Monsters & Treasures digest. is this real

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
londonsmee
Skobbit

Monsters & Treasures digest. is this real

Post by londonsmee »

Just bought a copy and wondering is this really quality and control from Troll lord. or is it a bad print copy.

Bad graduation from black and white, low print conversion of images. Looks like bad bleed too.

Is this correct copy.

What you think .
Attachments
poor.jpg
poor.jpg (118.65 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
gradiant.jpg
gradiant.jpg (21.71 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
compare.jpg
compare.jpg (159.57 KiB) Viewed 1190 times

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Monsters & Treasures digest. is this real

Post by Treebore »

One of the Trolls would have to tell you about this one. I never bought those digest books.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I haven't looked at my digest books in over a year. I can't remember any problems that stuck out in my mind, but they were undoubtedly all in B&W. I liked them enough to use them a few times, but the bindings were a bit too fragile to open all the way up and lay flat. That's why I stayed with the standard-sized versions.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

londonsmee
Skobbit

Post by londonsmee »

Have spoken to a friend who also has a copy, and his is as bad. Its not really that good a presentation. I realise its a digest but come on it's 2000's not 1970 sort some quality control out.

Happy gamming

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Weird - other than being very small print and being of delicate binding as Omote notes, mine are much cleaner and sharper than what you show.... but these were a limited run... I found the limited run "flipbook" the most useful in running games. These digests are collectors for me, next to my C&C white box.
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

I know Steve tried to do some in-house printing at one point, and wasn't terribly happy with the results. I had one of the early (full-sized) CKGs, and it looked like the OP's M&T. The outsourced printing (including my newer copy of the CKG) is much, much better.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'm paging through my digest-sized M&T here right now, and the pages you give examples of above, I looked at in particular. In my version, they are crisp and clean. The only thing that I noticed is that on the various tables in the main treasure section is that the color separation between the rows are dark gray, light gray, dark gray. I see no bleed through though. I fully thought that I would see some problems you mention assuming the digest-sized books were of lower quality. I think the printing and paper is lower quality than the actual hardcover books, but not enough to say it's flawed. In fact, at least in the copy I am looking at, the changes to paper and perhaps black density were on purpose. Sorry to hear about your copy.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<