Free rpg day.

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Dead Horse
Red Cap

Free rpg day.

Post by Dead Horse »

June 18 , check the website for participating local retailers...

Did the Troll lords put another quick start rules in the free rpg day stuff again this year?
I am volenteering to run a demo game for a local shop and i am hoping to have goodies to give out to players.
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Free rpg day.

Post by Traveller »

Amazing Adventures Quickstart this year.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

yummy!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Amazing Adventures quickstart? Really?

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

The website changed.

When I initially looked at http://www.freerpgday.com last week, TLG was listed as a bronze level contributor, and the Amazing Adventures Quickstart was their offering. Now it's changed to another C&C Quickstart, and the level of contribution dropped to sample status (1 per box).

Sorry to disappoint.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Traveller wrote:The website changed.

When I initially looked at http://www.freerpgday.com last week, TLG was listed as a bronze level contributor, and the Amazing Adventures Quickstart was their offering. Now it's changed to another C&C Quickstart, and the level of contribution dropped to sample status (1 per box).

Sorry to disappoint.
That's out bad, we had intended to get the AA quickstarts out, but it just wasn't in the cards! Sorry folks.

Steve

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Not a big problem for me here...the FLGS doesn't even participate free rpg day...or even support more than their "darling four" game systems. They wouldn't even look at C&C, the sillies.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

I'm looking into running something at my local store. I'll post when I have details.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

Ok, I'm running "Madman at the Bridge," a Zobeck adventure, with Castles & Crusades at Above Board Games in Fort Mill, SC, at 11:00 a.m. on the 18th.

S.Baldrick
Ungern

Post by S.Baldrick »

I will be running the Quickstart adventure at Dragon's Keep in Provo, Utah.

http://dragonskeep.com/dsk_cms/

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Traveller wrote:Amazing Adventures Quickstart this year.
Sad to hear that this won't be ready by Free RPG Day. I'm really looking forward to Amazing Adventures and any preview would be kewl!
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Googleplex, when you say the "darling four", what others are you refering to beyond WOTC and Paizo? Green Ronin? Mongoose? Steve Jackson(primarily because of Munchkin)? I've tried to get a local comic book store interested in C&C and Savage Worlds. They seem somewhat interested, but I don't think the want to cross compete too much because of rewards they get from WOTC(Magic and D&D). Although, they have stocked some Pathfinder, and one of their buddies is running a weekly game. I suppose if I could get them a few lesser freebie items, maybe they'd be up for it. I could also probably pay the 10.00 monthly fee for store usage(utilities,etc.)and maybe persuade them that way. I think Magic is doing well enough for them, but I'm not certain that TONS of 40-50.00 4E and PF books are flying off the shelves.

S.Baldrick
Ungern

Post by S.Baldrick »

The Free RPG day C&C game was a big hit. I had five players. Four of them had played D&D 3.5/Pathfinder and/or 4th Edition, one of them was totally new to the whole table top RPG thing. Everyone really had a blast and everyone was very pleased with the system as whole. The players found it fun and quick to pickup and they liked the siege engine as a way to replace skills and feats. The newbie actually bought the C&C players handbook after we wrapped up.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

tylermo wrote:Googleplex, when you say the "darling four", what others are you refering to beyond WOTC and Paizo? Green Ronin? Mongoose? Steve Jackson
Well this is rpg's so I think; Munchkin is out. ;) I'd be surprised if GURPS was one though. Reading Steve Jackson forums I'd rate it as doubtful.

Your probably right with WOTC/Hasbro and Paizo, I'd throw in White Wolf as one of the four. It would be interesting to hear just what four he is talking about.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

My FLGS darling four are 4e D&D, Warhammer Battles/40k, Flames of War, and Magic the Gathering.

So one RPG (right), two miniatures wargames, and a CCG. You may as well not play anything else there either. Tried for two months to get a C&C game going...not even a nibble.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

Go0gleplex wrote:My FLGS darling four are 4e D&D, Warhammer Battles/40k, Flames of War, and Magic the Gathering.

So one RPG (right), two miniatures wargames, and a CCG. You may as well not play anything else there either. Tried for two months to get a C&C game going...not even a nibble.
My advice is to infiltrate and conquer from within. Play in some of their games, don't even mention C&C for a while. Once you know which players will game with you as a GM, regardless of system. Then assemble a team and let word of mouth help.

mbeacom
Ulthal

Post by mbeacom »

Hey Dead Horse. Did you ever run that demo game of C&C? If so, how did it go? I'm in the Omaha area looking for something like that. If you ever do another one, please let me know.
Witty Quote Pending
-Someone

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I picked up the Savage Worlds freebie, of course. Also managed to snag the DCC adventure, and Hollow Earth Expedition offering as well. I talked a couple of people into getting the C&C quickstart. There was an older one with the fancy green cover. It included Stephen's The Wizard's Tower adventure. The newer black and white covered quickstart had Kim's They Call Him Guff included. BTW, TCHG was a great 2.00 pdf, Kim.

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

The game shop got back to me the night before... way too short notice. So i didnt get a chance... i am hoping to run a demo some where in town soon. If all else fails i am looking at trying nukecon or an aftershock.

There is a melt down this saturday
http://fallout.nuke-con.com/nukecon/por ... tail&id=41

I am gonna try and get there around noon and see if i can get a pick up game going.
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

mbeacom
Ulthal

Post by mbeacom »

Awesome, if I can make it, I will.
Witty Quote Pending
-Someone

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

I ran a 2-hour demo at my FLGS, Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie, MD. Only had one taker but a few other folks looked in from time to time.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."