What gaming stuff are you reading?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: What gaming stuff are you reading?

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:That's a good deal on the Lost City. I just paid $ 30 for the d20 version.
Now they are offering a 30% off sale on print products until the 24th.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

Post by SmokestackJones »

Death and Taxes by Lesser Gnome. Gotta review it for THAC0's Hammer.

-SJ

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:
maximus wrote:That's a good deal on the Lost City. I just paid $ 30 for the d20 version.
Thanks for the heads up!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

SmokestackJones wrote:Death and Taxes by Lesser Gnome. Gotta review it for THAC0's Hammer.

-SJ
That is one HEAVY boxed set! I have yet to sit down and read through it. I Want to, but too many things on my plate. Heck, I haven't even been proof reading Victorious.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Treebore wrote:
Zudrak wrote:
Treebore wrote:I really enjoyed running Black Monastery...
This is what I mean about this place. I just looked this up at lunch and now...? I MUST HAVE IT.

I really need some sort of alert on my smartphone for really cool gaming releases.

Thanks for sharing this, TheMetal1 and Tree!

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what version is better/easier to use with C&C: Swords & Wizardry or Pathfinder? I'd lean towards S&W myself (less bloat) but wanted to hear this group's answers.
Go to the Frog God Games website and sign up for their e-mail where they send out daily deals on their PDF's, as well as Necromancer Games PDF's. For example, todays deal is Lost City of Barakus for $9.00.
*puts healthy plant food at Tree's roots*

Thanks again!
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Treebore wrote:
Image Image Image

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

CKG - advantages!

:)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

Post by SmokestackJones »

Treebore wrote:
SmokestackJones wrote:Death and Taxes by Lesser Gnome. Gotta review it for THAC0's Hammer.

-SJ
That is one HEAVY boxed set! I have yet to sit down and read through it. I Want to, but too many things on my plate. Heck, I haven't even been proof reading Victorious.
We only have the two books to review but I'll probably pick up the box in Dallas in June. Zach's stuff is always classy.

-SJ

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

Rhuvein wrote:CKG - advantages!

Looking at these too! May be adding to my game later today.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I'm hoping to get through Savage Worlds Deluxe today. Then, I need to spend some time with the Amazing Adventures books I bought in the sale a few weeks back.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Clavis' Ghastly Affair ~ it's fabulous. Excellent writing, presentation of the gothic atmosphere of the times and tremendous detail (not necessarily gameplay) to help GMs run the game.

I also like Mike Stewart's Victorious, but have only looked at the Quickstart. I hope to read the full version tomorrow.

Love this time period and hope to run or play in a game.

:P

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:Clavis' Ghastly Affair ~ it's fabulous. Excellent writing, presentation of the gothic atmosphere of the times and tremendous detail (not necessarily gameplay) to help GMs run the game.

I also like Mike Stewart's Victorious, but have only looked at the Quickstart. I hope to read the full version tomorrow.

Thats something I've been noticing about Victorious and Ghastly affair, as well as a few other PRG's I own for that "period", roughly. Great cross over potential with the Cthulhu mythos. :twisted:

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Clavis' Ghastly Affair ~ it's fabulous. Excellent writing, presentation of the gothic atmosphere of the times and tremendous detail (not necessarily gameplay) to help GMs run the game.

Thats something I've been noticing about Victorious and Ghastly affair, as well as a few other PRG's I own for that "period", roughly. Great cross over potential with the Cthulhu mythos. :twisted:
Indeed . . and Masque of the Red Death! :)

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

Reading the D&D version of the Kingdoms of Kalamar. I needed some background info on the setting.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:Reading the D&D version of the Kingdoms of Kalamar. I needed some background info on the setting.
Do you mean the 2E era version, or their 3E version? Either way, I think the setting info is pretty much the same. Just they give a lot more with their 3E explosion.

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:
maximus wrote:Reading the D&D version of the Kingdoms of Kalamar. I needed some background info on the setting.
Do you mean the 2E era version, or their 3E version? Either way, I think the setting info is pretty much the same. Just they give a lot more with their 3E explosion.
I got the 3E version. I remember seeing it when it first came out years ago, but don't recall much about the setting. I figured it might be good to get some intel on the world for our game. $ 11.99/including shipping; maps were included. Not a bad deal.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:
Treebore wrote:
I got the 3E version. I remember seeing it when it first came out years ago, but don't recall much about the setting. I figured it might be good to get some intel on the world for our game. $ 11.99/including shipping; maps were included. Not a bad deal.
Oh, its an awesome setting book! I was just curious since you've mentioned having a storage box of your old gaming stuff. So now I know, it didn't come out of your box of old gaming stuff.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

When did pdf's arrive for Victorious? Perhaps I've overlooked an e-mail.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:When did pdf's arrive for Victorious? Perhaps I've overlooked an e-mail.
Pretty sure it was a few months ago, now. At least two.

Edit: December 23rd is when I announced the Beta release in the Victorious forum.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Kobolds Ate My Baby!: Even More Things To Kill And Eat! In Color!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Frog God Games' Borderland Provinces series (Adventures in the Borderland Provinces, Borderland Provinces Gazetteer, Player's Guide, Journey Generator, Rogues of Remballo). Just freshly released with that new book smell! Love it.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

My RPG Collection in digital format. Namely, the file folders and such as I try to trim it to a size that will fit the SD card on my new tablet. I prefer dead tree versions of my gaming collection, but it's nice having the digital versions for reading on the go, etc. I guess it's not so much "reading" in the "taking it in" sense as much as the "seek, move, organize" fashion, but... it's a technicality until I get the folders and files looking the way I want for quick finding and reading.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

HârnMaster 3rd edition.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Full and complete version of Victorious!

Excellent RPG. Our online group is going to play this next after our current game.

Looking forward to it.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:Full and complete version of Victorious!

Excellent RPG. Our online group is going to play this next after our current game.

Looking forward to it.

We are? Looking forward to it! Be nice to play a campaign of some length rather than just play test scenarios.

clavis123
Ulthal

Post by clavis123 »

Thank you! I'm working on getting the hard-copy versions out soon!

Myself, I've been reading the D&D 5th Edition books.
Daniel James Hanley
Creator of Ghastly Affair, "The Gothic Game of Romantic Horror".
Player's Manual Now Available on DriveThruRPG and Amazon
Reader discretion is advised.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Horror on the Orient Express.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Treebore wrote:

Looking forward to it.

We are? Looking forward to it! Be nice to play a campaign of some length rather than just play test scenarios.
Rhuvein will be running it on Sundays I think.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Penny-Whistle wrote:
Treebore wrote:

Looking forward to it.

Rhuvein will be running it on Sundays I think.
Hehe . . . Penny and I have been PM'ing, 'cause I thought she was going to run the game and she thought I was going to run the game.
Mebbe we'll get Aergraith to GM!

However it turns out, Tree - you are invited to join the game. I know you were a play tester, so hopefully it will still be fun to play in this game.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

The 2nd printing PHB; I just like cuddling with it.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan