All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

No avatars on this forum?

serleran
Mogrl

Re: Avatars?

Post by serleran »

Apparently, there are no user selected themes either. I do not like the default style. It is far too bright and hurts my eyes.

Also seems I lost privileges. No big deal there. In the end, it is for the best if I do not have admin rights...

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

serleran wrote:Apparently, there are no user selected themes either. I do not like the default style. It is far too bright and hurts my eyes.
Yeah...sort of veiled my thoughts on that too with the "busting a few lights" in the Lucy thread. Definitely harsh on the eyes.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

DougP
Mist Elf

Post by DougP »

Seems like the software supports avatars, since there is a Yes/No option to display them in the user control panel. I'll wait and see if additional features are enabled.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I think the peeps admining the board will start to turn on some options once all the bugs are worked out. PHPBB, IMO, is the best message board out there. Sure, you have to spend some cash but you can get awesome skins and neato graphics for this board. Give it a little bit, I think that the IT Trolls will Troll up the looks sooner or later.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'm not so concerned with getting my avatar up as I am with getting all of my posts brought over. Looks like I'm about 600 or so posts off my total from the other site.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Rigon wrote: Looks like I'm about 600 or so posts off my total from the other site.

R-
'bout a hundred short here.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Lots of imprecision has got us to this point in time :)... As I warned some stuff would get lost in the scrape and parse. [From end to end it takes about a 14 hour processing.]

At this point if you can identify major threads that got dropped I can try and figure why and reinsert them. I just did that with a Monster 107 page thread in the C&C Online section. But if it is just a few posts here and there I'd humbly suggest you just rebuild it.

Again sorry for any annoyance but I was hard pressed to justify going beyond the 90% rule.

-Mike

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

mgtremaine wrote:Lots of imprecision has got us to this point in time :)... As I warned some stuff would get lost in the scrape and parse. [From end to end it takes about a 14 hour processing.]

At this point if you can identify major threads that got dropped I can try and figure why and reinsert them. I just did that with a Monster 107 page thread in the C&C Online section. But if it is just a few posts here and there I'd humbly suggest you just rebuild it.

Again sorry for any annoyance but I was hard pressed to justify going beyond the 90% rule.

-Mike
Well bloody hell man! Nothing short of 100% accuracy is required. Hop to it! :lol:

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Rigon wrote:I'm not so concerned with getting my avatar up as I am with getting all of my posts brought over. Looks like I'm about 600 or so posts off my total from the other site.

R-
Yeah, I lost 700 posts!

Be nice to have my avatar back as well. Then again, if we all go blind with the brightness of this site, none of us will be able to see it :)

Yeah, it was my 100+ page thread that gave them fits trying to over. Thanks for that!

L.S.

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

I think I only lost a relative handful of posts. I'm not worried about it. It's not like it's a contest to me.

As to the appearance, I actually kinda like it. I was ready for something different.

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Yeah Avatars can be enabled and Im sure they will once the initial deployment is complete and everything appears to be 5x5. Patience, grasshoppas.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Is it a theme setting to have the page auto-jump to the end of a conversation? I notice that, with any thread more than two pages, when you click on it, it goes to the OP... I'd prefer if I could make it go to the end. Maybe I need to modify a user preference...

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

serleran wrote:Is it a theme setting to have the page auto-jump to the end of a conversation? I notice that, with any thread more than two pages, when you click on it, it goes to the OP... I'd prefer if I could make it go to the end. Maybe I need to modify a user preference...
I realize it's not really a theme setting or anything, but you should be able to click on the little arrow next to the person who made the Last Post in a thread (on the right hand side of the Forum Topic List) and it'll kick you to that last post.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

cheeplives
Red Cap

Post by cheeplives »

ArgoForg wrote:
serleran wrote:Is it a theme setting to have the page auto-jump to the end of a conversation? I notice that, with any thread more than two pages, when you click on it, it goes to the OP... I'd prefer if I could make it go to the end. Maybe I need to modify a user preference...
I realize it's not really a theme setting or anything, but you should be able to click on the little arrow next to the person who made the Last Post in a thread (on the right hand side of the Forum Topic List) and it'll kick you to that last post.
You can also click on the little orange arrow right to the right of the "Orange Jewel" (shows up right before the Thread Title) that shows there is a new post in the topic... it will actually take you to the last forum post you read rather than just directly to the end. (if you hover your pointer over it it will display "Go to first unread post")
discreteinfinity.com -- my respite from the bustle of the internet

Author of StarSIEGE: Event Horizon

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

In case you have missed it... avatars have been enabled once more.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Ah ha, there I am.

Nice one there, Ser. :)

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

serleran wrote:In case you have missed it... avatars have been enabled once more.
:lol:

Haha, I only subconsciously noticed, but it didn't register until reading this post!! :?
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

Now i feel like me
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Dead Horse wrote:Now i feel like me
Yeah, buddy!

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Benoist
Hlobane Orc

Post by Benoist »

Oooh bigger avatars too.

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

I went from Zombie Pirate to Cyber T-Rex, which is the Zombie Pirate cool of the Jurassic Era

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Giant Christmas Lo-Pan... Indeed!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<