Hey There...

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Hey There...

Post by Julian Grimm »

*Sheepish Look* So, hey all...how's everyone been?
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Hey There...

Post by Rigon »

JG!!!!! Nice to see you back, mang!

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rgr

Good to see you are alive and Kicking

Hope all is well on your end!

You doing any gaming ?

If you are looking for a spot, us Monday Night Ne'er-do-Wells play a discord game & I'm sure we can make room for you !

Right now I'm running an Amazing Adventure Masque of Red Death game and Tree is running a mega dungeon
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Thanks for the welcome back! I am well now. I went through a pretty nasty divorce in 2016-17, moved to a new town, new job and all that.

Part of my gaming collection had to be sold off to cover bills. Sadly that included most of my C&C stuff including my copy of Yggsburgh Pete signed. But I was going through boxes and found my ex-girlfriend's PH and ordered the starter bundle last night so I am back in the game a bit. I also did get some of my retro D&D collection built back up thanks to someone selling their collection and I scored a Cthulhlu Deities and Demigods, so I won that one I guess.

I would be up for a discord game but I am working 50+ hours a week right now. I will remember if I slow down any.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I forgot to add that I am getting a Greyhawk game up and going in the next couple weeks with some friends.
Lord Skystorm

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Hey there back atcha!

Good to see ya back 'round here and glad things are going well for you.

The forum has slowed down a bit . . after all most of us have had all our questions answered, what about 14 years ago!! LOL.

But thanks to CaptK, lLurker and a load of new forum members - the great discussions/threads continue.

I don't post very often, but I do check in everyday and lurk/read.

Good luck with your GH game.

See ya, around!

Best,

Rhu. :-D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Thank you.

Things were slowing down when I left so that shouldn't be a big change. I plan on becoming more active again, I am just feeling things out. I found some of my old notes in a tote so I am going through them and may get them revised for release to the community. Everything is in the early stages so no promises.
Lord Skystorm

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Julian Grimm wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:19 pm
Thank you.

Things were slowing down when I left so that shouldn't be a big change. I plan on becoming more active again, I am just feeling things out. I found some of my old notes in a tote so I am going through them and may get them revised for release to the community. Everything is in the early stages so no promises.
New ideas are always great.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Rigon wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:23 am
Julian Grimm wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:19 pm
Thank you.

New ideas are always great.

R-
Truth. Right now I am getting my bearings and just now got my starter bundle in. My, my M&T has changed. I ordered A0 and A2 to go with A1 and also Arms and Armor today. I found my AWD Folio in some stuff from storage and a few other odds and ends. I am deciding on my paradigm and though I wanted to do Greyhawk for my new campaign, Airdhe has no real baggage to it and it looks like a good place for a fresh start.
Lord Skystorm

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I've thought about running an Airdhe game, but over in the Drakenfold.

Let us know how the game goes.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:23 am
I've thought about running an Airdhe game, but over in the Drakenfold.

Let us know how the game goes.

R-
I'm in as a player ! :D

JG Rgr on no baggage like Grayhawk. Airdhe is a vast well developed area and great to run (well it looks like it would be, I haven't been able to play/run it myself) and there are plenty of good adventures spread throughout it.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

With any luck we will be playing Saturday. Hopefully A0 gets here by then. If not I will run the moathouse from TOEE. Of course I ordered A0 and A2 before I found the boxed sets of the series...oh well.

So on another note; what happened to the KOTC and the C&CS? Both were getting restarted when I left but they seem to have died off.
Lord Skystorm

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Julian Grimm wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:32 am
With any luck we will be playing Saturday. Hopefully A0 gets here by then. If not I will run the moathouse from TOEE. Of course I ordered A0 and A2 before I found the boxed sets of the series...oh well.

So on another note; what happened to the KOTC and the C&CS? Both were getting restarted when I left but they seem to have died off.
A0 is/was a free download back in the day, so if you need it I can send it to you to start your game.

A0 Rising Knight and A1 Assault on Blacktooth Ridge are the greatest adventures in D&D, IMO!

You guys are gonna have great fun!

Enjoy the game,

Rhu.
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Rhuvein wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:01 am
Julian Grimm wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:32 am

A0 is/was a free download back in the day, so if you need it I can send it to you to start your game.

A0 Rising Knight and A1 Assault on Blacktooth Ridge are the greatest adventures in D&D, IMO!

You guys are gonna have great fun!

Enjoy the game,

Rhu.
I will let you know. It looks like it should be here tomorrow if I can trust the USPS.... :lol:
Lord Skystorm

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Just wanted to add that I don't think we'll get past A1 due to every time I have ran it my players always wanted to explore Blacktooth Ridge more than anything...LOL
Lord Skystorm

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'm not sure the C&CS is a thing anymore. I think it got rolled up into the KotC. I was involved for alittle bit, but had to drop out as life threw me a great big curve ball and I did not have the extra time to devote to it. Other than the KotC website (which I didn't and don't visit that often), I think the Trolls moved on from web based forums and moved more toward platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Discord, etc. I don't really follow much of that (I only have a Facebook account), so I just hang out here and post every now and then.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Rigon wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:00 pm
I'm not sure the C&CS is a thing anymore. I think it got rolled up into the KotC. I was involved for alittle bit, but had to drop out as life threw me a great big curve ball and I did not have the extra time to devote to it. Other than the KotC website (which I didn't and don't visit that often), I think the Trolls moved on from web based forums and moved more toward platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Discord, etc. I don't really follow much of that (I only have a Facebook account), so I just hang out here and post every now and then.

R-
I was noticing there wasn't much activity. It's a shame I had high hopes that the KOTC would do better than the C&CS. I guess that's the way of it though.

So next question; I used to have the Codex Celtarum and saw the other books were out in the series. I am going to get Celtarum again and am eyeing Nordica and Germania for a setting project. Are they worth getting and what about the others? Slavorum looks like it could be interesting.
Lord Skystorm

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Julian Grimm wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:35 pm
Rigon wrote:

R-
I was noticing there wasn't much activity. It's a shame I had high hopes that the KOTC would do better than the C&CS. I guess that's the way of it though.
Yeah, I had hoped it would have faired better, but it is what it is, as they say.
So next question; I used to have the Codex Celtarum and saw the other books were out in the series. I am going to get Celtarum again and am eyeing Nordica and Germania for a setting project. Are they worth getting and what about the others? Slavorum looks like it could be interesting.
I have all of them except Codex Classicum and Egyptum. They are really well done and great resources. The Slavorum one is very interesting. You should get them when you can.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Rigon wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:56 am
Julian Grimm wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:35 pm
Rigon wrote:

R-
Yeah, I had hoped it would have faired better, but it is what it is, as they say.
It's sad but evolve or die and I see no reason we still can't get our stuff out if we have any. :D
I have all of them except Codex Classicum and Egyptum. They are really well done and great resources. The Slavorum one is very interesting. You should get them when you can.

R-
I just ordered the 2e of Celtarium and will have Nordica and Germania on deck. I want to maybe incorporate ideas from them into Aihrde or A few Airhde ideas into a world inspire by the codex series.
Lord Skystorm

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Hi.

Even I sometimes come back and post a thing or two.

Hope you've got the spark still.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I just ordered the 2e of Celtarium and will have Nordica and Germania on deck. I want to maybe incorporate ideas from them into Aihrde or A few Airhde ideas into a world inspire by the codex series.
NICE, One thing I dislike about Aihrde is the fact they have what 4 or 5 separate cultural feels to the peoples there but only 1 set of deities and the deities don't match the cultures, so I've always kicked around the idea of adding other pantheons.

However, I never thought of using the codexes as the source for those additions .. I like it, I may have to add it to my things to do list.

Serl

Good to see you around and kicking !

C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

The beauty of FR is that by lore it is pretty close to Earth and had even had crossover with it. Gods like Tyr are already present and there's nothing saying the full pantheons or even some people of Earth migrated there. In fact I am going to go this route with Earth and Faerun drifting apart and the gates being harder, if not impossible, to use.
Lord Skystorm

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Lurker wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 pm

NICE, One thing I dislike about Aihrde is the fact they have what 4 or 5 separate cultural feels to the peoples there but only 1 set of deities and the deities don't match the cultures, so I've always kicked around the idea of adding other pantheons.

However, I never thought of using the codexes as the source for those additions .. I like it, I may have to add it to my things to do list.
Yeah, like the Egyptian gods for the Ethrum people is weird, they are essentially Franco/Germanic peoples.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Kayolan wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 pm
Lurker wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Yeah, like the Egyptian gods for the Ethrum people is weird, they are essentially Franco/Germanic peoples.
In my opinion Aihrde has a lot of issues. It's a cool idea but I think it was executed poorly. My biggest issue is the weight of back history that you keep coming up against. It's only been 80 odd years since Unklar fell and it feels you inevitably have to include the empire in every adventure you design for the setting. When I ran it the last time ignored about 90% of the history and went from there.
Lord Skystorm