CKG Kickstarter

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

CKG Kickstarter

Post by Captain_K »

So I have a nice leather bound PH and M&T mega book. Pleased with both.

I hope to do the same for the CKG, I also hope they give the option for high cotton content, no gloss, paper.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

jeffb
Ungern

Re: CKG Kickstarter

Post by jeffb »

I"d like to see an alt cover ala the last PHB run. Not digging the cover at all as shown on the KS email that came through

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Captain_K wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:24 pm
So I have a nice leather bound PH and M&T mega book. Pleased with both.

I hope to do the same for the CKG, I also hope they give the option for high cotton content, no gloss, paper.
What does the cover of the leather M&T look like? The image on the TLG store site is the standard cover...
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Backed this one. Between this and Codex Egyptium I'll have a nice bit of gaming goodness coming my way.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

I'm in. Love the new cover, excited about an updated and expanded index, especially when the Adventurer's Backpack is included. The chart folio will be great too.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

The past two leather bound books with my name embossed in the cover have been worth the extra cost. They are very nice. But I do not know what this one will look like, but I hear, no high cotton content is coming.. so expect another heavy book. The M&T book must be able to do at least d4 bludgeoning damage, I'm betting the CKG will come in at d6!
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

achancesw
Henchman

Post by achancesw »

is this kickstarter worth it from someone just starting out?
My tabletop podcast:
https://chanceofgaming.com/

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

If you don't already have the CKG, then yes this kickstarter will be worth it. At least, as long as you are the CK in your group. One of the best GM books on the market, I think. You will find a ton of stuff to enhance your games.

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

Regarding the cover- i see the alternate cover has been unlocked, and we have the option of whether we want the standard or alternate cover. The KS is shows a new cover - the wizard with the spellbook held above his head, crackling energy around him. Is that the new standard cover, or is that the alternative? If it's the alternative, then is the base cover the same as the current (2nd printing) cover?

-Fizz

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

No, the cover you see is going to be the standard cover, that's the one with the wizard holding the book over his head. I don't think anyone has seen the alternate cover yet.