Crusaders at the Gates of Firestorm Peak!

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Dorf the Dwarf
Mist Elf

Crusaders at the Gates of Firestorm Peak!

Post by Dorf the Dwarf »

Hello, gals and guys! First post here. I am excited to be a part of this civil and gregarious community!
Soo, I am a sucker for all things Far Realm and huge fan of C&C. Has anyone run "Gates of Firestorm Peak" under C&C?
Impressions ,guidelines and tips would be much appreciated!. Thanks in advance!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Crusaders at the Gates of Firestorm Peak!

Post by Lurker »

Hi & welcome to the forum here !

Personally, I have never ran Firestorm Peak itself. However, it shouldn't be to hard to convert and run.

I'm running a 2e conversion to the Ravenloft Masque of the Red Death using Amazing Adventure as the rules, and the conversion is fairly easy thus far.

Just figure out if the monster is a physical, mental, or both prime. Then figure out the BTH - rough estimate of the monster HD and what class they are closest to. Then subtract the AC from 20 to get the C&C / Siege AC.

That is just a quick rule of thumb, and the numbers may be off here or there by 1 or 2, but amongst friends who is going to argue about 1 or 2 points of AC or to hit.

Other than that everything else in the modules etc is just flavor that you can run with as needed.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Dorf the Dwarf
Mist Elf

Post by Dorf the Dwarf »

Thanks for the pointers! I was hesitant, because I've read that the module was made to be used with the "Player's Options"s series. But I see it ca ngo both ways - vanilla AD&D 2E and PO!

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

Welcome to the community!

In my games, i'm pretty much running AD&D 2nd ed as well, but with the C&C Siege mechanics. I have found it works quite well, so i don't see it wouldn't work for Firestorm Peak or the Player's Option series. So find yourself a copy and go for it. :)

-Fizz

Dorf the Dwarf
Mist Elf

Post by Dorf the Dwarf »

Fizz wrote:Welcome to the community!

In my games, i'm pretty much running AD&D 2nd ed as well, but with the C&C Siege mechanics. I have found it works quite well, so i don't see it wouldn't work for Firestorm Peak or the Player's Option series. So find yourself a copy and go for it. :)

-Fizz
But arent Player's Options considered broken?

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

Dorf the Dwarf wrote:But arent Player's Options considered broken?
I don't know about that. I primarily used Skills & Powers for class options / ideas, and never had an issue with those.

I know much less about Combat & Tactics or Spells & Magic. But it probably depends on what you consider "broken". If the game stays fun for everyone, can't be that bad. :)

-Fizz