Repost of Steve's update from Facebook

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
dachda
Lore Drake

Repost of Steve's update from Facebook

Post by dachda »

Steve, did an update on things Troll on Facebook. I underlined the new projects to come. Can't wait!

Hey all! A quick note to catch everyone up on various and sundries. Though it seems we are focused on 5th Ed (and some of us are), that is not our primary focus. Castles & Crusades continues to be our Arkenstone! Presently the Dens are in shambles. Between Harvesters, M&T and Classic we've been printing and packing like mad fools (and that damn binder has proven to be a bear for sure...to which I shout TYLER in my best Kirk voice). So over the next week or so we should be able to get this cleared up and get back on track. (honestly I have crap everywhere, even my big white board with listings of what is where and when is due what was half erased two weeks ago and never brought up to date :) ) I'm going to clear my desk, digital and literal, we'll get mail caught up (KS shipped), and resupply the print shop (its a bloody disaster) and that should bring us some normalcy. Hopefully about a week. BUT in the meantime, work continues on C&C. Here is what is in the hopper (this does not include the two KSers) Adventurers Spell Book, Rogues Gallery, A18 The Torture Gardens (level 6 of Aufstrag), Gods & Monsters (2nd edition), and Planar Adventures (not the final title). Most of these except the planes book have been started, but frankly I'm not sure where we are on any of them as things have been so hectic here. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and musings on this and let me know if we are missing or I forgot something.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Re: Repost of Steve's update from Facebook

Post by mgtremaine »

A18 .... yum

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Looking forward to Of Gods & Monsters.

BigJackBrass
Mist Elf

Post by BigJackBrass »

Thanks for posting this. I do wish the company would directly put updates here as well as Facebook. Not everyone uses that site.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

BigJackBrass wrote:Thanks for posting this. I do wish the company would directly put updates here as well as Facebook. Not everyone uses that site.
They used to, there is a section here for announcements, but for some reason they stopped posting. It would appear that they've forsaken these forums in favor of Facebook, Discord, Twitch, etc. :(

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Have we not all forsaken these pages? I never did any of this before I started here... and its been slowly dying slowly since I started... blame me I guess.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

soloplayer
Mist Elf

Post by soloplayer »

I am fairly new the C&C party and finding these old topics to be excellent resources, and some just good reading.

And I have a cart full of stuff waiting on the M&T release... print it!

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Captain_K wrote:Have we not all forsaken these pages? I never did any of this before I started here... and its been slowly dying slowly since I started... blame me I guess.

:?:

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I don't think they are dying necessarily, I think it has more to do with TLG focusing on other means to communicate, so people that are new are not finding an active participant from TLG, but they see it on other social media. Those of us that have been around for a long time, still check in, but not as often as we used to or with the insights that we used to. I, for one, wish the Trolls would utilize these forums more. I have Facebook, but rarely use it, and I refuse to get a Twitter/Twitch/Insta/whatever new fangled thingy the kids are using these days.

But it is good to see that TLG isn't abandoning C&C for 5e, though it seemed like they were for a minute.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Rigon wrote:
But it is good to see that TLG isn't abandoning C&C for 5e, though it seemed like they were for a minute.

R-
I had the same concerns. As much as I'm open to playing 5e, I don't really want to play the 5e versions of the C&C modules but would rather see more coming out for C&C. I hope the Trolls don't spread themselves too thin. C&C is what most of us are here for, can't say that with total certainty, just my perception.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:I don't think they are dying necessarily, I think it has more to do with TLG focusing on other means to communicate, so people that are new are not finding an active participant from TLG, but they see it on other social media. Those of us that have been around for a long time, still check in, but not as often as we used to or with the insights that we used to. I, for one, wish the Trolls would utilize these forums more. I have Facebook, but rarely use it, and I refuse to get a Twitter/Twitch/Insta/whatever new fangled thingy the kids are using these days.

R-

Rgr that
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Yup. No interest in anything related to 5e here.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Go0gleplex wrote:Yup. No interest in anything related to 5e here.

Ditto that.

spudeus
Ungern

Post by spudeus »

I suppose TLG is caught in a bind - 5e products are always going to reach a wider audience and be more profitable, while ignoring the core products? I've seen some game books with a 5e stat appendix to maximize sales, seems like a decent compromise.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

dachda wrote:
Go0gleplex wrote:Yup. No interest in anything related to 5e here.

Ditto that.
Likewise.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I don't mind them trying to get a piece of the 5e pie, but it just seemed to me like they were abandoning C&C to do it. While I am currently running a 5e game, it's just so I can get a feel for it. It's ok, but it's no C&C.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I think it's brilliant for TLG to produce all their modules for 5E!

That said, none of us should worry about them abandoning C&C. Heh, that would be foolish.

Anyway, Rigon is running us through a great game of 5E. I really like this version of D&D.

But, here's the thing ~ everything that is good or not so good about 5E, illustrates the absolute beauty and genius of C&C. I see certain things that I like and think - yeah, I can use that in my game utilizing the SEIGE engine and making it work far better than 5E does it.

I could never tell Gary that I thought C&C was a far better game than D&D, but I did tell him that I thought C&C was easier for me to introduce my nephews to the game, than BD&D Holmes would have been.

:P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Rhuvein wrote:
I could never tell Gary that I thought C&C was a far better game than D&D, but I did tell him that I thought C&C was easier for me to introduce my nephews to the game, than BD&D Holmes would have been.

:P
It's easier and faster. Don't get me wrong, I love D&D but C&C is the better option.

spudeus
Ungern

Post by spudeus »

dachda wrote:Here is what is in the hopper (this does not include the two KSers) Adventurers Spell Book, Rogues Gallery, A18 The Torture Gardens (level 6 of Aufstrag), Gods & Monsters (2nd edition), and Planar Adventures (not the final title).
Was just ruminating about book names, and was thinking:
Rogues Gallery = Miscreant Manual
Planar Adventures = Field-guide to the Firmament

This might provide a bit of distinction from other C&C books and 1e - Firmament is Aihrde's term for the outer planes? I assume TLG is sticking with Gods & Monsters, and Adventurers Spell Book complements the Backpack book. Anyway, just my 2 coppers.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

spudeus wrote:Planar Adventures = Field-guide to the Firmament
I. Love. That.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Rigon wrote:
spudeus wrote:Planar Adventures = Field-guide to the Firmament
I. Love. That.

R-