Who uses the Aihrde setting, or think they will use it?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Who uses the Aihrde setting, or think they will use it?

Post by slimykuotoan »

For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Re: Who uses the Aihrde setting, or think they will use it?

Post by RunningLaser »

I just picked up the campaign setting scratch and dent for $5 and waiting for it to come in, so no opinion yet. Figured if I liked it, I could pick up the hardback.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Someday, yes. I will run an Aihrde game. Someday.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I guess I should include myself here. I wasn't into the original Codex, and was ok with the folio.

But since getting the Codex of Aihrde, I can say I'm hooked; it's sooo awesome, and is now definitely my setting o' choice.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

The new Codex of Aihrde really makes a compelling case to run the setting. I like much about it, but feel that because the setting is so relatively dense, that it will be hard for me to make Aihrde come across as different than many other settings. Yes, I want to, and am leaning towards doing so.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I've ran two campaigns in it. One to 16th level, the other to around 13th, depending on class.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

It's a nice reference and fun read but I never use published settings for my games.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Like all settings, I use the aspects that work for my preference.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

I'm thinking that at least for my home group I will give it a go. It is a little dense and I am not overly crazy about what seems like a large number of Fae in the world but there is an awful lot of other stuff to like. Kind of waiting on the phb to see what that offers.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Me.

Eleven elven years.

Fabulous world and laid out in a way that allows one to customize or drop in other D&D worlds . . such as Greyhawk, FR, DL, HH and Ravenloft among others.

When I look at Aihrde, it strikes me that in some ways - The Trolls paid tribute to Greyhawk and at the same time improved upon the GH campaign world. Then they utilized real ancient history/area settings around the Aihrdian globe!

Other regions and continents are left open to usage by aspiring CKs to make their own.

IMO, it's brilliantly conceived and so workable for CKs that I consider it the best campaign world that I've ever seen.

The other thing that is fantastic ~ The Trolls incorporated lore, history and legend into their A series modules that help a CK learn and work with Aihrde in the same way Gary did with his modules and GH!

8-)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

gabriellyon wrote:Kind of waiting on the phb to see what that offers.
Good point.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

dcfitch
Ungern

Post by dcfitch »

I definitely want to run a game in Aihrde. I love the Codex. The lore it contains is very good...and at times it is beautiful. I am currently working on my own version of Fantasy Earth, but Airhde is my favorite published setting.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

dcfitch wrote:I love the Codex. The lore it contains is very good...and at times it is beautiful.
Yeah, you said it. Beautiful could be the word used at times.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

It's so well done, one wants to slip between its pages to live there.

Great, great work.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

I have been using it for my gaming group for the last year. The area I have been using is the Crusader Kingdoms. We started our campaign at a village of my own creation located between Malforten and Hrueset and the campaign gradually migrated to the Ludensheim area. I used elements of Blacktooth Ridge, Slag Heap and Shadows of Halfling Hall for this campaign to flesh out the campaign arc. This coming Friday we will be wrapping up this campaign as the PCs attempt to overthrow the Baron of Ludensheim.

I think the setting is pretty well done, but it is more of a slow marinating setting. Not sure if I will be using it for whatever comes next after this game wraps up

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Technically, most settings I use are in my own world, since I fit them all on the same planet. Well, most of them, except for the ones who clearly have their own worlds, such as Dragonlance, well defined.

Aihrde is simply one continent, among many, in my world.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.