Supporting C&C and TLG

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
miller6
Lore Drake

Supporting C&C and TLG

Post by miller6 »

For lack of a better phrase....
Get your butts over to the KOTC website and sign up! This is a great chance to organize efforts and gaming materials for conventions, hobby store games and home campaigns. We can grow this into a ground game like WOTC's Dungeon Masters Guild and Pathfinder's Pathfinder Society have. These guys are organized and taking over conventions. We need to match or surpass their efforts to put C&C on top of the gaming industry! To do that we need collaboration and unity.

It's easy to join, just go to th link below to sign up. Come on, you know you want to! We can't get the ball rolling unless everyone gives it a push. So ladies, recruit your men! Men recruit your women! Kids recruit your parents and other relatives. Sorry no pets unless you guarantee they won't each the miniatures or dice. lol.

http://www.knightsofthecrusade.com/knights-signup

I submitted my 105 page multiple adventure scenario "Hunger Hollow" to KOTC for all to use. It contains multiple separate cave adventures for kobolds, goblins, hobgoblins, orcs, bugbears, gnolls, ogres and I think I put the trolls in there too, quite literally actually. For those who remember the "Killer Caves" i.e. "Caves of Chaos on steroids" as someone once called them referring to the Caves from Red-Box Original D&D's B2-Keep On The Borderlands, they're all in there. Here's your chance to grab them if you didn't get them yet.

Brian Miller - KOTC Grand Knight Commander (pronounced, "Knight Of The Round Gaming Table).
Gary Con VIII and IX 3 Round Elimination C&C Tournament Coordinator
I'm looking for GMs for Gary Con IX in C&C or 1st Ed AD&D. Run 3 tables and you get in Gary Con free and get a cool GM T-shirt and GM cup (for low cost sodas or beer all Gary Con).
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Supporting C&C and TLG

Post by Tadhg »

Brian, he posted this in the society forum . . so this good for many here.
arcanechimera wrote:You can now apply to become a Knight of the Crusade based on the number of posts that you have on the TLG forum. If you have over 500 posts, that alone qualifies you for Knight-Errant rank. That will give you access to the Chat, Knights Downloads, and other private areas of the knightsofthecrusade.com site.

There are members here who have contributed so much to the community by helping each other, posting content, links to sites, and much more. We felt that we should honor those of you who have put so much into the community over the years.

You can apply by logging into the site and going to:
http://www.knightsofthecrusade.com/knights-signup

Just choose Knight-Errant and select Forum Activity like it says in the picture below.
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I've been signed up.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I was a member, but after arcanechimera's post, I became a knight-errant. :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I'm in!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:I was a member, but after arcanechimera's post, I became a knight-errant. :)
Adjutant General
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I've been signed up. Is there a hot link from this site to there? That would be nice.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Captain_K wrote:I've been signed up. Is there a hot link from this site to there? That would be nice.
Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.knightsofthecrusade.com/
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Welcome new KOTC members! Your first assignment is to help us get more KOTC members. The more we get the more you can enjoy the benefits of everyone else's efforts so lets beef up our ranks. Can't go to battle without a full army. There are a lot more people on or off this TLG forum. If you know them, point them to KOTC.

Treebore, Rigon, Julian Grimm and Arcane Chimera, as Grand Knight Commander, I promote to Knight Errant everyone who refers 10 people that actually join (send your list of new refers - not existing members - to me). Promotion to Knight for 50 referals who join. A promotion to Knight Commander for those who organize a C&C convention event or weekly Hobby shop game (let us know who you are, where and when and how many players).

Send referals or info on games to me or any of the above listed KOTC members).

Roll call... Fall in!

Brian Miller Grand Knight Commander (pronounced "Knight of the Bugle Of Summoning")

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I've been a member for a long time. Current title, Master of Arms.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Are we counting all posts, past and present, for all IDs? ;)

I think I would be Lord Emperor of the Cosmos.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I've heard that when you hit 30000 posts you turn into a Bugbear. :lol:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:Are we counting all posts, past and present, for all IDs? ;)

I think I would be Lord Emperor of the Cosmos.
I don't know. If we played the "If, and, or but" game, if I didn't take nearly a 2 year hiatus from these forums I bet I'd be giving you a run for your money. :lol:

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

I have been signed up for awhile. I have done a month long fall demo last year, run the c&c free rpg day adventure and do other c&c events at our flgs. I have sent in information on my previous events but never heard anything back. We were hoping to maybe get some kind of poster to advertise our earlier events.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

gabriellyon wrote:I have been signed up for awhile. I have done a month long fall demo last year, run the c&c free rpg day adventure and do other c&c events at our flgs. I have sent in information on my previous events but never heard anything back. We were hoping to maybe get some kind of poster to advertise our earlier events.
Did you send your info to Tim or Todd? Bit of advice, never, EVER send anything to Steve and expect any kind of response. Always send stuff to Tim or Todd. Or both.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Treebore wrote:
gabriellyon wrote:I have been signed up for awhile. I have done a month long fall demo last year, run the c&c free rpg day adventure and do other c&c events at our flgs. I have sent in information on my previous events but never heard anything back. We were hoping to maybe get some kind of poster to advertise our earlier events.
Did you send your info to Tim or Todd? Bit of advice, never, EVER send anything to Steve and expect any kind of response. Always send stuff to Tim or Todd. Or both.
Unless you're going to follow up with a phone call. Steve is great on the phone.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

I believe it was Tim. Some of the notices and conversations regarding the events are on one of the other boards here.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Found one thread on society news. Talked with Fosco and Buttmonkey. Would have to find the emails to see who else i talked with.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:
Treebore wrote:
Unless you're going to follow up with a phone call. Steve is great on the phone.
True. Plus, if he actually takes care of it while he is still on the phone with you, he even gets it done.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Treebore and Rigon, instead of telling me your rank, tell me what you are working on for KOTC right now? I spent this afternoon finding out who does what in KOTC. Still need more information. Such information needs to be clearer for new members i.e. a titles info section in addition to just the rolls themselves otherwise we appear to be just a fan club with meaningless titles. This could grow to be much more! :)

For info for those who don't know... there's this...

Grandmaster: Oversees the whole of the C&CS, makes proclamations if needed and acts as the chief liaison to the staff of TLG. The President would also conduct the flow of meetings and call special meetings if necessary.

Adjutant General: Assistant to the Grand Master. Fills in when the President is unable to attend a meeting. Also oversees the whole of operations and is the second liaison to the staff of TLG.

Master of Notes: Oversees production of the Domesday Book and maintains Society downloads. Will be the final authority over questionable content and will make sure all downloads are in their proper category.

Master of Arms: Oversees the Society Rolls making sure they are up to date and correct. Will pass on technical issues to TLG web-staff if needed. Will correct mistakes and make corrections as needed.

Sword of the Crusade: Oversees organized play events and helps plan them for conventions, in store events and other venues. Is responsible for making sure needed downloads are available and will settle conflicts over rules or guidelines.

Knight's Marshal: and Marshals: Any staff member of TLG. One must always be present at the Society meetings. To make sure the Society operates within the wishes of TLG. This officer or officers would liaison with the President and Vice-President and help to make sure all of the technical needs of the C&CS are met. Steve, Davis and Mac shall hold the title of Grand Knight's Marshal.

Sorry to say, KOTC dropped the ball at Gary Con VIII missing a chance to spread KOTC at the C&C tourney tables and every other C&C event table. We could've had info about the organization and sign up sheets at the tables or even more to draw attention. My tourney had players interested in anything C&C!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

miller6 wrote:Treebore and Rigon, instead of telling me your rank, tell me what you are working on for KOTC right now? I spent this afternoon finding out who does what in KOTC. Still need more information. Such information needs to be clearer for new members i.e. a titles info section in addition to just the rolls themselves otherwise we appear to be just a fan club with meaningless titles. This could grow to be much more! :)

For info for those who don't know... there's this...
As the Master of Arms, I enter all the names on the Rolls and make sure it is up to date. Granted, I haven't been keeping up with it for the last couple of months with work and family obligations and what not. But that is what I do.
Grandmaster: Oversees the whole of the C&CS, makes proclamations if needed and acts as the chief liaison to the staff of TLG. The President would also conduct the flow of meetings and call special meetings if necessary.
This was Julian Grimm before he took his hiatus from C&C. As far as I know, it is currently open.
Adjutant General: Assistant to the Grand Master. Fills in when the President is unable to attend a meeting. Also oversees the whole of operations and is the second liaison to the staff of TLG.
This is Treebores spot. He is working on putting together the Domesday magazine right now.
Master of Notes: Oversees production of the Domesday Book and maintains Society downloads. Will be the final authority over questionable content and will make sure all downloads are in their proper category.
Not sure who was filling this role, but Tree is working on Domesday. I think this is supposed to be Todd Grey.
Master of Arms: Oversees the Society Rolls making sure they are up to date and correct. Will pass on technical issues to TLG web-staff if needed. Will correct mistakes and make corrections as needed.
Me, reference above.
Sword of the Crusade: Oversees organized play events and helps plan them for conventions, in store events and other venues. Is responsible for making sure needed downloads are available and will settle conflicts over rules or guidelines.
This is Tyler Morrison. As far as I know, he is still pimping C&C at conventions left and right.
Knight's Marshal: and Marshals: Any staff member of TLG. One must always be present at the Society meetings. To make sure the Society operates within the wishes of TLG. This officer or officers would liaison with the President and Vice-President and help to make sure all of the technical needs of the C&CS are met. Steve, Davis and Mac shall hold the title of Grand Knight's Marshal.
This is Steve and those yahoos from Arkansas. And Tim Burns.
Sorry to say, KOTC dropped the ball at Gary Con VIII missing a chance to spread KOTC at the C&C tourney tables and every other C&C event table. We could've had info about the organization and sign up sheets at the tables or even more to draw attention. My tourney had players interested in anything C&C!
I'm sorry you feel that we "dropped the ball." I wasn't able to attend this year and for the past 2 years that I've been the Master of Arms, we've had little to no guidance from the Trolls. Now, I'm not blaming anyone for this, but we have been trying to rebuild the C&C Society and build from scratch the Knight of the Crusade. I more than happy that you are taking such an interest in the KotC, so maybe you can take over the Grandmaster's spot and run with it. And hopefully move the C&CS/KotC further along.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I've actually been the Grandmaster since Julian left. Just nothing has been needed from me in that capacity.

I hope to get what I have for Domesday laid out in the next couple of weeks.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

I was just looking at the new knights sign up page and based on organized play hours, I have made it to knight commander with 33 hours, not including convention play, for play hours of demos at my flgs. This year's free rpg day will push me over to grand knight commander. How do I get credit for the games run? Also is there going to be minimal support in the form of fliers posters and handouts coming for those of us who run demos?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

gabriellyon wrote:I was just looking at the new knights sign up page and based on organized play hours, I have made it to knight commander with 33 hours, not including convention play, for play hours of demos at my flgs. This year's free rpg day will push me over to grand knight commander. How do I get credit for the games run? Also is there going to be minimal support in the form of fliers posters and handouts coming for those of us who run demos?

I would call Steve. If you can't call, then I'd contact Tim or Todd, via e-mail, to get the ball rolling.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Treebore, can you pm me the contact info I should use please?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

gabriellyon wrote:Treebore, can you pm me the contact info I should use please?
The phone number is easy to find:

http://trolllord.com/

Just use the "Contact Us" button.

I believe that product support e-mail goes to Todd. Steve knows better than to have e-mails go to him.

Tim is tim at trolllords dot com

Todd is todd at trolllords dot com

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Thanks Treebore. Did as you suggested. Now I can't wait until Free RPG Day to see what the Trolls have planned for the players.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Rigon, Thanks for the vote of confidence. I assure you, I am off and running with it already, Grand Master or not. Currently I'm Grand Knight of "he who missed officer elections" or I'd have tossed my name in the hat. I do know with complete confidence that given the position, with you, Treebore and everyone else's support, I could definitely help take KOTC to a much higher level, (i.e. lots of experience points). So, sure, I'm game and excited about the huge potential I see. Gotta talk to Robert and see what he thinks. Already know Stephen wants me to jump in head first since at Gary Con 8 he told me he needs someone to establish a ground game for C&C and said he and or Todd would be talking to me about it. Glad to see, after discovering what KOTC has become, that I'm not alone in attempting to do that.

Regarding Julian, he's a great guy. Bummed to hear he left C&C. As many know, I've GMed at conventions for a number of TLG forum folks so I'm glad to see some of you are still around and look forward to gaming with you, Robert, Rhuvein, John Wright, Omote, and other TLG forum folks. A seat is always open to all of you at my round gaming tables at conventions or otherwise. :)

Robert (Treebore), it sounds like, unless the officers voted, you're functioning as interim Grand Master until Julian's replacement is elected by majority vote of the officers or appointed by yourself. You can't appoint yourself since that means you'd be filing in for yourself in your own absence. i.e. the paradox of two Treebores that currently exists. lol. So, I suggest, if you haven't already, you, Rigon and Todd vote somebody in for the other position of Grand Master. If it goes to you Robert, vote again for the Vice Pres replacement. If waiting for replies from TLG is problematic (as Serleran accurately mentioned and I second noting that they are really busy with business and thus have a legit excuse), Robert and Rigon find out if you agree. If so you have majority. Right now, Robert it sounds like you want the position? And Rigon nominated me so that's two people up for it. Anyone else wanna throw their name in the hat?

Pretty sure I know what Stephen has in mind for KOTC since KOTC is an attempt to emulate the success of RPGA like DMs Guild and Pathfinder Society are successfully doing so I volunteer for Grand Master. Quck resume': I worked for RPGA both at conventions and at their corporate headquarters at TSR and have insider knowledge and experience of how it was organized, funded, expanded and how they did things. Add RPGA club president, and convention and tournament coordintor for Gen Con and other conventions, and finally a degree in info systems management and a masters in business administration in strategic management and training and technology. Basically, I've got a lot to offer KOTC if elected and have been championing spreading C&C at conventions and through recruiting gamers all along. I was in the military, but not nearly to the extent of Robert whose service and disabled vet status should definitely be noted. I was army reserve. I am also a fan of Treebore's GMing, C&C playing, and writing and look forward to hearing what he does with the ideas he got from my tournament. Personal and Professional References: Stephen Chenault. Skip Williams. Luke Gygax.

My current role is, well, I don't have one since I missed the initial call. Functionally, I'm championing the idea of building the KOTC C&C society to rival the DMs Guild and Pathfinder society. I could do that better as Grand Master, otherwise I won't have enough support for the things I want to do with and for C&C. When i signed up for KOTC last year it wasn't anything other than a partial website that wasn't even working right. Didn't take it seriously then but now I see real potential and how to get it to the next step. At the time I figured it was just another attempt to get something going that didn't have sufficient TLG backing and was bound to fade due to lack of time, effort and monetary investment. KOTC has come a long way from what I saw then. It's still just getting started, but I know where to take it from here to make it as strong as RPGA was and DMs Guild and Pathfinder society are. Or better yet even bigger and more successful. Do I have the time. yeah, basically I do since much of what I'd need to do can be done online... and elected or not, I'm gonna keep at it anyway.

Brian Miller

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm fine with you being Grand Master. I have too many disability issues messing with my life to take a position where people have to rely on me to do things in a timely fashion, etc...

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I hear you Tree. Is why I declined after a fashion. :) Still, if Miller is hot to trot and gungho about it and you're cool with things, it could be a good shot in the arm for the Society as a whole.