What Video Game(s) are you playing

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
TheMetal1
Lore Drake

What Video Game(s) are you playing

Post by TheMetal1 »

We have the "What are you reading"; "What gaming stuff are you reading"; and "What Board/Card Game are you Playing" Threads. I figured they're is likely among the forum users here, just a few Video Gamer Players (Console Gaming or PC Gaming - or both).

I'm primarily a PC Gamer, with a decent library on Steam. Here are the ones I'm currently playing/played/interested/recently messed around with.

1. Just finished up Bioshock: Infinite. Was at the end battle for a long time, but finally beat it (thank you salts/bitters). The ending was...well...just weird.

2. Wasteland 1 - The Original. Played it back in the day with my Apple IIc (didn't get too far), but got it as a bundle with the new Wasteland 2. Pretty fun, kind of Ultima IV like, but that's to be expected. Music is compelling.

3. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Play this casually, pretty fun doing a quest occasionally. I've got a Kajit with a Bow/Two-Handed Weapon/Pick-Lock Emphasis, but slowly going up the sword and board track. Only finished a few quests, but its a fun open world.

4. Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited. Been playing this for many years. Good fun, maybe once or twice a month I run a mission, still haven't reached 20th Level with any of my builds, but enjoy it. The Dungeon Instances really make the game.

5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: Missed out on a lot of the CoD, but decided to try this one. Finished the single-player a while ago, and now play it casually on multi-player

6. Temple of Elemental Evil. I like this game, but its on the back-burner a lot. I've made it to the bottom of the TOEE and defeated, initially some big bads. Now working my way through the nodes (Beat the Air Node) trying to get the gem for the Orb. Been stuck on the Bahlor for a while, will likely try the Earth Node then the Ice Node, so I have enough of a summoned group to beat the Bahlor.

7. Talisman, X-Com: Enemy Unknown, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team; Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition also make periodic rotation.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: What Video Game(s) are you playing

Post by alcyone »

I have too many games in my rotation but the ones that keep me occupied lately are:

1. Elder Scrolls Online. Or is it Tamriel Unlimited now?
2. Starpoint Gemini 2. It's a pretty lightweight sandbox trading/fighting space game. I also play the X3 games sometimes and am looking at Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.
3. Wasteland 2
4. Baldur's Gate Enhanced
5. Dragon Age: Inquisition
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Mostly Diablo III with the new 2.0.2 patch.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The games I play most often are Skyrim: Legends, CIV II Gold and Master of Magic. Stuff I am starting to get into are Dragon Age Inquisition and Shadows over Mordor. I have a HUGE Steam and GoG Library, close to 200 games, fortunately most of them I have already played through at least once.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Well, after 33 years of computer game play - I have called it quits! Great games, fantastic enjoyment and deathmatching ~ but I'm no longer interested.

Most likely due to Valve's EPIC FAIL on Half-Life 2 Episode 3 or Half-Life 3, whatever!

You'd think after the Duke Nukem MAJOR FAIL, Gabe would have pulled his head outta his ass, but NO!

And if they release the game running the new source engine . . sorry WAY TOO LATE. NO ONE GIVES A FUCK, NOW!

:x
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

Playing Eschalon III right now. Having fun with it. Also hitting Diablo III, Dead State, Talisman Digital and Legend of Grimrock 2 when I feel like it. Almost finished with Wasteland 2, but got a bit burned out, so I will go back to it later

Andrew
Mist Elf

Post by Andrew »

I've been going back and playing all the old games that I enjoyed as a kid. Surprisingly, many of them I never did beat. Since recently going on this fix, this is what I've done:

Beaten:

Ultima 7: Part 1
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Star Control 2

Working on/Playing:

Ultima 7: Part 2
Doom 2
Darklands (No true ending, just accomplishing the major quests)
Super Mario Bros. (The last world is tough)
Super Mario Bros. 3

In the Que:

Ultima 8

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Seeing as I collect console games, I could list about 100 of them I just got and am playing to ensure they work. But, I'm not really "playing" them. I am actually fully going through Final Fantasy III and Dungeon Quest!

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Started Elite: Dangerous last night and ended up nauseated and defeated; took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to dock my ship.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Some great games being played here. Skyrim is always addictive. Diablo III is a fun game. In all my years, I’ve never beaten Super Mario Bros III. Even my wife has, and she’s not a gamer.

I just finished up Hyrule Warriors, the mashup between Legend of Zelda and Dynasty Warriors. It was a lot of fun, and really showcased the Wii U’s graphic capabilities. Now I'm playing Assassin's Creed IV.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Aergraith wrote:Started Elite: Dangerous last night and ended up nauseated and defeated; took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to dock my ship.
God, I loved Elite back in the 80s. I'd be all over the new one if I had a viable computer and the free time of my youth.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Jyrdan Fairblade wrote:Some great games being played here. Skyrim is always addictive. Diablo III is a fun game. In all my years, I’ve never beaten Super Mario Bros III. Even my wife has, and she’s not a gamer.

I just finished up Hyrule Warriors, the mashup between Legend of Zelda and Dynasty Warriors. It was a lot of fun, and really showcased the Wii U’s graphic capabilities. Now I'm playing Assassin's Creed IV.
+1 on the great games. I avoided Skyrim for quite a while, but on Steam there was a deal...and well...those of you who know...just know. :)

Messed around with Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition. Rather interesting with 2nd Edition Mechanics. Have to give a shout out to Good Old Games for starting me on this journey.

Someone mentioned Darklands, heard good things about it, just never played it, though I'm sure I will (God willing) eventually. Would love to see the old Twilight:2000 game come out along with Auto-Duel (perhaps a stretch goal with the eventual Car Wars Kickstarter?). Haven't seen at Steam or GOG, but would love to see the original Super Mario Brothers and Legend of Zelda in PC format.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

NHL 15
Borderlands 2
Both on Xbox 360

When the weather finally turns and the basement PC can be used without fear of freezing to death, I will try my hand at Wasteland 2. I've been stoked to try it since I received the Kickstarter rewards package, but had to wait to get a new computer and for spring to arrive.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Well continued with my Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Game. Have 2 PCs that made it to 2nd Level (My Monk - main PC and the Druid). Fun game and makes me want to review my 2nd Edition Reprints.

Also played a few adventures on DDO.

Last but not least, I ended up getting in on some of the Steam sales this weekend. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell Blacklist, along with Call of Juarez Gunslinger are now in my Library. Don't know when the heck I'll get to those, but eventually, God willing, I'll run thru 'em.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Steam says I've most recently played:

1. Baldur's Gate (Enhanced Edition). Played this for a few minutes yesterday. Two wardogs killed my character. I was too tired and called it a day.

2. Shadowrun Dragonfall (Director's Cut) - My original play through crashed near end-game with no fix - even from the developers, so I restarted with the director's version so I can see the new content.

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.

4. Fantasy Grounds 2

5. Talisman (Digital Edition)

6. Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

Did pick up the Digital Version of the Witcher board game and the Might & Magic pack on the Humble Bundle. I was annoyed about the Humble bundle though. Most of the games they offered are for use on U-Play, Which is apparently Ubi-soft's proprietary on-line game access (like steam). Steam and Good Old Games are two that I prefered to use, and don't want to install another thing. Anyone use "U-Play" Out there?
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Playing Super Mario 3D World. It's fun and actually quite beautiful. Very surreal and trippy at times, too.

Thinking about giving Fallout New Vegas another shot this weekend. My last game ended with my character out of bullets, with all my equipment about to fall apart. Clearly I did something wrong and met with a terrible fate.

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Strike Suit Zero - it's like the classic Wing Commander and Freespace games, fly around and dogfight stuff in big space battles. But Strike Suit Zero also lets your ship transform into a really powerful mecha at some points. Music was done by the same guy who did the soundtrack for the Homeworld series. The game's visual style, in general, feels like you are in the middle of one of those big battles from Homeworld.

Pillars of Eternity - basically Baldur's Gate 3. It uses a custom game system that is only slightly like D&D. Instead of alignment, it has personality traits that you build up throughout the game, such as Benevolent, Cruel, Honest, Deceptive, Clever, Passionate, and Stoic.
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Close Combat (A.H.'s Squad Leader ported to a video game basically)
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm still playing SKyrim, trying out the various mods available via a PC. I have been getting a desire to b hook up my 360 and play Read Dead Redemption again, but I should probably give the Gunslinger of Juarez games a try instead.

Also, a few Star Trek games have now arrived at GoG. Haven't bought them yet, but I likely will, since I've never played them.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Oh, and I am glad I never really got into Shadows over Mordor, now that the Game of the Year Edition is out, I can now just play that version.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Not really a game by itself, but one that lets you make them... Quest.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Hmmm, I'm remembering how cool the character creation phase of Icewind Dale was. Excellent artwork/computer graphics. I wasn't that good at that game (but hadn't utilized cheat codes), so I gave it to my nephew who really liked it.

Anyone else play this and if so, what did you think of it?

Thanks.

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Rhuvein wrote:Anyone else play this and if so, what did you think of it?
7 or 8 years ago I installed it from a CD Played it a bit, but couldn't get the hang of it. Liked the Character Creation though. I just seemed to die rather quickly.

Fast forward to a year or so ago and Good Old Games had it as a bundle. So I picked it up, but have yet to install it. And now they have the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition on sale at Steam and GoG for $9.99.

There is a Strong Mod community for a lot of these games, and not sure what is exactly enhanced with this game (or the Baldur's Gate Games), but for the price It seems to be worth it for a computerized 2nd Edition D&D Game.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:Hmmm, I'm remembering how cool the character creation phase of Icewind Dale was. Excellent artwork/computer graphics. I wasn't that good at that game (but hadn't utilized cheat codes), so I gave it to my nephew who really liked it.

Thanks.

I MUCH prefer Baldurs Gate to Icewind Dale.

Andrew
Mist Elf

Post by Andrew »

I got into EVE not too long ago for a very brief stint and had to quickly nix the account in order to keep up on my damn homework.

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Rhuvein wrote:Hmmm, I'm remembering how cool the character creation phase of Icewind Dale was. Excellent artwork/computer graphics. I wasn't that good at that game (but hadn't utilized cheat codes), so I gave it to my nephew who really liked it.

Thanks.

Icewind Dale is mostly dungeon-crawling

It's good for testing your knowledge of AD&D 2e, because it is pretty challenging. It is not a story-based or personality-driven game like Baldur's Gate though.
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Thanks.

The enhanced version (additional content and up to date graphics) is on sale at Steam for half off ($10) but only for this weekend. Well reviewed, but as others have said, I think it is more combat centric.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321800/

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Shadow of Mordor with all of the DLC.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Gundoggy
Ungern

Post by Gundoggy »

Recently bought the AD&D package from GOG.com.

1. Played Planescape Torment for the first time. I was absolutely stunned by the story, NPC's, music and the dialogue. I eventually turned difficulty to easy so that the boring combat didn't get in the way of progressing through the plot. Very haunting story.

2. Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 with the Trilogy Mod that updates the BG1 to BG2 engine/character kits so you can play a character from level 1 all the way through the series. I'm playing a monk so should be hard for first 10 levels.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Been playing, slowly, Folklore on the PS3. Not a bad game. I would like it more if my wife could play too. But that's the breaks of most console RPGs.