The NEBRASKA crusade.

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
PeelSeel2
Ulthal

The NEBRASKA crusade.

Post by PeelSeel2 »

I am in the Wayne/Norfolk area. Any other Nebraska gamers out their?

Robocoastie
Ungern

hiya from Columbus, NE

Post by Robocoastie »

I'm in Columbus, NE. I'm in a DnD group here in town that meets once in a while but I've been wanting to check out C&C.

Rob

grrrowler39

Re: hiya from Columbus, NE

Post by grrrowler39 »

Robocoastie wrote:
I'm in Columbus, NE. I'm in a DnD group here in town that meets once in a while but I've been wanting to check out C&C.

Rob

Robo,

C&C deserves your interest. If you can't fins a local gaming group, check out the on-line games. There are several going on right now, and there is always room for a new player.

Master of Animals

Robocoastie
Ungern

hiya!

Post by Robocoastie »

aye, I'm a fan of the "Rules Cyclopedia" due to its basis on OD&D so this definitely sounds right up my alley!

I've found that some of the generic systems such as Savage Worlds and GURPS 4e are quite good but fantasy genre really does need its own ruleset and D20 complicates the heck out of it (the whole concept of a multiclass being just as good at lockpicking as a full on rogue for example seems to me to be a crime!)

I frequent RPOL and playbyweb.com but as usual those seem to be more d20 D&D than anything. (although I'm in a kick-butt cool OD&D game on PBW) is an adjective like that ok to say heh?

thanks!

Rob

grrrowler39

Post by grrrowler39 »

Rob,

Check out some of the happenings here on our own board:
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewforum ... llordgames

I will have to take a look at PBW - haven't been there yet.

Master of Animals

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

I think Columbus is about an Hour and Half away from Wayne, correct? You Midway between Lincoln and Norfolk?

I love the Rules Cyclopedia. The first set I got was the Moldvay Basic. What a way to start!

If your ever up by Wayne, let me know!

-George Washington

Robocoastie
Ungern

took the plung

Post by Robocoastie »

aye right between Norfolk and Lincoln.

**edit/update**

I took the plunge and got the Condensed PHB from rpgnow.com this eve and joined a pbp game at playbyweb.com. So far I really like what I see they took the d20 mechanic and simplified it by using level and attribute mods vs. the tons of skills that one could just arbitrarily resolve vs. the rule-lawer approach of listing them ad-nauseum

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Re: The NEBRASKA crusade.

Post by Ancalagon »

PeelSeel2 wrote:I am in the Wayne/Norfolk area. Any other Nebraska gamers out their?
I'm in the Bellevue area.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander