Clakkity!!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

serleran wrote:
I'm thinking we need to create a board game, in the same sort of vein as Blood Bowl, for this new sensation. What say you?
Can have different types of units, each with variable abilities... oh yeah, I'm seeing it.

Dude....that would be the absolute killer. I remember bloodbowl! We'd have to come up with different rules, though. Make it more of a team vs. team type game instead of standing in a circle....heh.

Can't wait to see what Miller's family comes up with by way of artwork and logos. Oh Trolls...what hast thou wrought???

Ink

C&C: Blissfully devoid of gestalt neko-hin rogue/fighter/mages!!

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

serleran wrote:
I'm thinking we need to create a board game, in the same sort of vein as Blood Bowl, for this new sensation. What say you?
Can have different types of units, each with variable abilities... oh yeah, I'm seeing it.

I've been thinking of different ways to manifest Clakkity as an RPG, boardgame or card game as well. Still thinking. Need more time. I'll let ya know what I come up with. Gonna explore a couple ideas.

Brian Miller
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Okay, I finished "Clakkity the Card Game Version"!
http://24.159.235.164:8000/miller6%20we ... 20game.pdf

Fast paced and playtested well! Enjoy!

I plan to get game pieces (goblin coins or miniatures and special cards) made in the near future and make it a boxed game.

Brian Miller

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

Great job, Miller! You've really got a good head for this sort of thing! I bow to your Clakkity-fu!
Ink

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Inkpot wrote:
Great job, Miller! You've really got a good head for this sort of thing! I bow to your Clakkity-fu!
Ink

Thanks a bunch. I'm guessing you tried it? Heck, all together me, my son and his friend and my friend must've played at least three dozen Clakkity card games last night. Turned out better than expected for the small amount of time it took. Heh, I got smoked. Everyone beat me. I can make the game but can't win for nothin'...go figure.

Oh, and I should get everyone's REAL names for the instructions. (I just went through the boards and noticed that Serleran and Nym had a few things to add as well. If I missed anyone else, remind me. Clakkity spread across the boards like a plauge - way to go ink - so I may have missed a few suggestions.)

Now to work on getting the goblin coins or miniatures and cards with really nice pics.

Let's hit this thing from every angle though...This card game would do well right next to "Uno" at a Walmart store, but we've still got the Clakkity board game to do...so on to the next objective!

Trolls...since this is your site...want in on this or what? I'd say we at least earned a spot in the Crusader.
Hey Serleran, how's that for "cheap ass games"...the only thing a player can't supply is the rules ('til I get the miniatures and cards anyway just 'cuz it would be cool)
Brian Miller

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

I'm told that the pics and logo will be in the works for a week. Still on it though, just so you know I didnt' forget.

Brian Miller

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Has anyone seen the card game Killer Bunnies, there are lots of variables and I think something along that line might work really well with Clakkity.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Combat_Kyle wrote:
Has anyone seen the card game Killer Bunnies, there are lots of variables and I think something along that line might work really well with Clakkity.

Is it online? Haven't heard of it. Sounds like something from Monty Python.

Brian Miller

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Its a collectible card game, here is a link, you can find it at nice malls that have specialty games.

http://www.killerbunnies.com/

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Yep, that's right, folks. I finished and am now in the process of playtesting "Clakkity the board game (version 1 since others might be making a different one)".
If playtesting goes well tonight, I'll post a link to the pdf here tomorrow. (The Clakkity game board is included and prints up as 6 pages which must be taped together. Otherwise, only coins, dice and a deck of cards are needed).

Now on to Clakitty the dice game...and maybe even "Clakkity the flash-based video game".

Brian Miller

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

I'm interested in seeing whatever you come up with. You've obviously got alot more resources than I do, so I say run with it!!
Ink

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I just found this and I find it scary. No, not the whole Clakkity thing. I die every time I say it.

The scary part is that we discovered the game of Bocce over the weekend and were so taken by it that my Nephew and I decided to make similar games popular in our Campaign.

However we decided that the goblins and such would be playing the game with skulls and severed heads of victims. The pallino would be a halfling skull and the regular bocce balls would be medium skulls and such.

My brother-in-law loved it and between gasps and laughs suggested croquet with skull and ribs for wickets. So this prooves all gamers are twisted to the core.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

*grins and rubs his hands together*

"And lo, shall it spread forth liken unto a plague of great darkness. And then shall the multitudes call out in their distress, "Who shall be the Clakkity Champion?". And lo, shall Inkpot & Miller stretch forth their hands and cause the Clakkity Curse to infect still more....."

~Taken from "The Codex Clakkita", circa 2006.

Ink

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Julian Grimm wrote:
I just found this and I find it scary. No, not the whole Clakkity thing. I die every time I say it.

The scary part is that we discovered the game of Bocce over the weekend and were so taken by it that my Nephew and I decided to make similar games popular in our Campaign.

However we decided that the goblins and such would be playing the game with skulls and severed heads of victims. The pallino would be a halfling skull and the regular bocce balls would be medium skulls and such.

My brother-in-law loved it and between gasps and laughs suggested croquet with skull and ribs for wickets. So this prooves all gamers are twisted to the core.

Ahhh...yes, yet another angle to Clakkity. We'll have to explore that one too. Post your rules if you made some. Be interested to see them. In time, clakkity will evolve to be an entire market of its own.
Brian Miller

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Inkpot wrote:
*grins and rubs his hands together*

"And lo, shall it spread forth liken unto a plague of great darkness. And then shall the multitudes call out in their distress, "Who shall be the Clakkity Champion?".

~Taken from "The Codex Clakkita", circa 2006.

Ink

Dude, the codex is too funny.
And funny you should mention the champion...In the board game, I included a picture of the "Goblin Goblet" awarded to the winner.

Hey, inkpot,

Pretty soon we're gonna have to consider forming "Clakkity Enterprises".
Brian Miller

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I have found a way to incorporate Clakkity into my C&C game. The players will be landing of the Isle of Dread soon (X1 module, 1980) and the natives there will be long practicioners of the game. Depending on what tribe they contact first the players might find themselves in some serious combat and or negotionations to avoid becoming sporting goods equipment.

"Thine enemies are scattered and thier bones suit our entertainment. Grotesque fun shall be thy mantra."

-Codex of Clakkita

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

I hope you guys don't mind but I'm adding bugbear skulls to the list of Clakkity equipment. I just like the word "bugbear" and no one feels bad for 'em.

Brian Miller

"On the count of thee thou shalt tosseth the bugbear skull. Never on the count of four and five is right out!" (exerpt from the pages of the recently unearthed Codex of Clakkita)

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Aw, dudes!

Techno-Clakkity for sci-fi RPGs like Gamma Word...mutant goblins whacking bug-eyed alien skulls. (They're kinda round...well, sorta.)

Brian

"Okay, I've had one too many cans of Pepsi."

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

Ok, go home. Seriously. Go home and lie down.
Ink

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Inkpot wrote:
Ok, go home. Seriously. Go home and lie down.
Ink

Yeah, I'm waaay overtired and runnin' on caffeine at this point.

Thanks for the advice, Doc.
Brian Miller

"So whaddo I owe ya?"

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Seems there needs to be a game that melds with Clakkity called Clikkity. So you could spend a whole weekend playing Clikkity n' Clakkity...

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Don't bash skulls like my brother.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

What in the ($&^ have you insane mofos been doing? LOLOLOLOLOOLOL

This has to be made into an online game......The C&C Society strikes it HOT! Did this evolve from that post over on the Crusades forum?

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Troll Lord wrote:
What in the ($&^ have you insane mofos been doing? LOLOLOLOLOOLOL

This has to be made into an online game......The C&C Society strikes it HOT! Did this evolve from that post over on the Crusades forum?

Steve

Actually, I think Clakkity has spread further than that and contaminated most of the forums in one way or another.

Um, Ooops.

Brian Miller

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

LOL...yeah Steve, this all evolved from the crusades forum. It just kind of....snowballed....and well....you know how these things go....We're talking logos, boardgames, t-shirts....and coming soon.....
CLAKKITY: THE ANIME!!!
Shushiro, the half-furry ninja-sorcerer and captain of Team Tofu has a problem. In order to win the Grand Clakkity Tournament, he must first find the seven mystical Clakkity Orbs hidden deep within the bowels of MegaTokyo. Accompanying young Shushiro on his quest are Shen-Shen: the hermaphrodite robot, Toru: half-vampire and unwitting love-slave, and Kopu-pu: the ultra-cute cat-like faerie-demon. Together they will explore the seedy underside of Megatokyo, find the Clakkity Orbs, and return in time to trounce the dreaded Team Ooze at the Grand Clakkity Tournament! Game on!!

Ink

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Wow that is so funny, and that could totaly work as an anime, they get that freakin weird.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Inkpot wrote:
CLAKKITY: THE ANIME!!!

Shushiro, the half-furry ninja-sorcerer and captain of Team Tofu has a problem. In order to win the Grand Clakkity Tournament, he must first find the seven mystical Clakkity Orbs hidden deep within the bowels of MegaTokyo. Accompanying young Shushiro on his quest are Shen-Shen: the hermaphrodite robot, Toru: half-vampire and unwitting love-slave, and Kopu-pu: the ultra-cute cat-like faerie-demon. Together they will explore the seedy underside of Megatokyo, find the Clakkity Orbs, and return in time to trounce the dreaded Team Ooze at the Grand Clakkity Tournament! Game on!!

Ink

I'm not into anime, but that's still funny and definitely has the makings of a Clakkity RPG adventure!
Write it up!

Brian Miller

miller6
Lore Drake

clakkity the board game version 1

Post by miller6 »

UPDATE:

After playtesting, "Clakkity the Board Game version 1" is undergoing some rules clarifications that will delay my posting of the link for a short period, but I'm working on it right now and plan to playtest the revisions this evening.

Brian Miller

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I have been working on rules for an actual athletic game, one I will write up for rules if you could play it in all of its grusome glory. The other version will invovle wiffle bats and a dodgeball. More on this later.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Man! This is really taking on a life of its own!

Brian,

We didn't play clakkity this past weekend, we ended up just playing C&C until bed time. Maybe this weekend. My kids last day of school is Thursday so we will find time sometime this summer!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.