AGP Booklets are NOW AVAILABLE!

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
jamesmishler
Ulthal

AGP Booklets are NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by jamesmishler »

Click here to check out the ONE WITH EVERYTHING DEAL

Or just check out the AGP Catablog as new entries for all 11 new products are entered...

(Original Announcement)

Due to demand by fans for Adventure Games Publishing's Wilderlands and Castles & Crusades products in print, AGP will release print products in classic booklet format.

Each 5.5" x 8.5" booklet will range from 16 to 64+ pages using 8 or 10 point font for the base text. Paper will be of standard 20# quality, usually with a higher-weight cover. Cover stock colors will vary based on whichever cover stock paper we can get on sale during that print period. All booklets will be printed in simple black and white. Page counts include the 4-page cover (front cover usually including a TOC, inside covers feature the OGL, credits, and fine print, and the back page featuring a Booty List).

The first product to be offered in this "classic" new format will be Monstrous Menaces Compendium 1-5, a 44-page booklet which includes all 15 monsters from the five Monstrous Menaces PDF releases. MMC1-5 retails at $TBD plus S/H and will be available shortly.

All existing PDF products not already available in print will soon be made available in booklet format (and some that are available in compilations will be made available separately in booklet format, such as the Sorcerers and Warrior-Mages products). Going forward, all AGP products other than Adventure Games Journal will be published in this format; AGJ will continue to be published in full, 8.5" x 11" full-color cover format, likely perfect-bound due to the increased size of each issue (96+ pages).

Booklets will be printed, hand-folded, and hand-stapled at our home offices as they are sold, so depending on order quantities, scheduling, and printer issues, shipping might take a week or two... please be patient!
Preliminary order of conversions to booklet form:

Monstrous Menaces Compendium 1-5

Player's Guide #1: Tharbrian Horse-Lords

Barbarians of the Wilderlands 1

100 Treasure Troves Treasure Type 1

100 Exciting Encounters 1st Level Encounters

100 Calamitous Curses

100 More Calamitous Curses

Martial Artist Class

World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure (included in AGP00501)

Aendryths Eldritch Compendium

Sorcerers of the Wilderlands (included in AGP00106)

Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands (included in AGP00106)

Faiths of the City State: Forn Sidthr

Skills, Feats, and Languages of the Wilderlands (d20)

We hope to have all existing products converted and ready to go within two weeks.

The first new product to be offered in this form will be Fantastic Personalities: Barbarians of the Wilderlands. Going forward, new products will be offered in print format for approximately one month before the PDF releases.

We hope this will satisfy customer desire to have these products available in print format. Unfortunately, under current market conditions, offering these kinds of products -- even in compilation format, in full-sized, full-color cover fully-illustrated format -- is simply not viable, so we seek to return to the classic booklet format as a way to enable our customers to get our products in print.

Customers who are still owed subscriber credit can purchase these booklets using said credit at a discounted rate of 50% page count. Thus, a 36-page booklet counts as only 18 pages when using subscriber credit, with free shipping! However, we must request that subscribers wait until all products are available in booklet format before ordering using subscriber credit, as shipping each booklet individually as they are made available would incur crippling shipping costs.

If you have any questions, or wish to place an order, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

Pat Payne
Hlobane Orc

Post by Pat Payne »

Fantastic!

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Sign me up! I have no use for pdf's but I will definately purchase print products from your company.
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Sounds awesome! Thanks James!

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Excellent news. I'll have to see about buying one of each print product.

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

Long live the digest size!

John Adams

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Long live the digest size!

*ding* for digest!

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

This is great news. Now, I can put my Digest-sized Wilderlands releases in the Classic C&C White Box... wait a minute, maybe not.
~O
VAE VICTUS!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Omote wrote:
*ding* for digest!

Wait a minute, this seems like strange size for digest sized which is usually 5.5" by 8.5", right?

~O
VAE VICTUS!

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

Excellent news. Once I move (next month) I'll be all set to start filling the shelves of my geek lair with AGP products.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... a god.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Nice, glad you are going print with this stuff Mishler. Good news
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

RE: Size

Judges Guild used a Legal-sized digest, i.e., 8.5" x 14" folded to 7" x 8.5". TSR used Letter-sized digests, 8.5" x 11" folded to 5.5" x 8.5".

I had planned on going with the Judges Guild-sized digests... but if enough folks prefer the Letter-sized digests, I can revamp things to go with that...

I'll put together a poll... we can do polls here, right?

[email protected]

K2h2m3

Post by K2h2m3 »

Personally I'd rather see letter-sized.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Please vote in this thread if you haven't already! Thanks.
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

~O
VAE VICTUS!

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

monstrousmenacescool

Know your roll!

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

What happened to the AGP website?

Know your roll!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

CharlieRock wrote:
What happened to the AGP website?

You answer lies here:
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I think that certain releases in this AGP Booklet Series are going to do well for my C&C White Box game, particularly the 100 Treasure Troves Treasure Type 1 and 100 Exciting Encounters 1st Level Encounters releases. I'm particularly fond of the World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure (included in AGP00501) release that is going to be digest size. For years and years I have been looking for a setting to myC&C White Box games. So far it has been a pseudo Greyhawk and sandbox campaign setting. I know it may seem weird, but with this digest-sized release of Wilderlands stuff, I have just found the home base for this campaign. Actually, now I'm thinking of starting a new campaign using nothing but C&C White Box and these AGP digest releases.

Whoo Hoo!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

I want to get these ,too.

Glad Barbarians is one of the first.

Just to clarify, you order by e-mailing James.

Know your roll!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Any update to the digest sized AGP products?

~O
VAE VICTUS!

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Just posted some news on my blog, actually...

The issue with some of the booklets is they are too big to trim at home... most trimmers (well, affordable hand trimmers) can only trim 10 or 12 sheets, and some of the bigger booklets are equivalent to 32 sheets (16 sheets folded over)! So I either have to price in taking them to a printer to be trimmed (which also adds at least one day to the production schedule), or break them down to smaller booklets... or just not trim them, which with big booklets is really not an option. So I've been pricing trim work at various printers in the area or trying to find an affordable hand trimmer... both seem to be found on the "Very Rare" line on the encounter chart...

Once that is resolved, we should be good to go...

[email protected]

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

jamesmishler wrote:
Just posted some news on my blog, actually...

The issue with some of the booklets is they are too big to trim at home... most trimmers (well, affordable hand trimmers) can only trim 10 or 12 sheets, and some of the bigger booklets are equivalent to 32 sheets (16 sheets folded over)! So I either have to price in taking them to a printer to be trimmed (which also adds at least one day to the production schedule), or break them down to smaller booklets... or just not trim them, which with big booklets is really not an option. So I've been pricing trim work at various printers in the area or trying to find an affordable hand trimmer... both seem to be found on the "Very Rare" line on the encounter chart...

Once that is resolved, we should be good to go...

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, James.

John Adams

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Progress! Good to hear, and thanks for the update.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Status Update:

The main boggle for the last two weeks has been trying to find a printer where we could get these booklets folded, stapled, and trimmed (the left edge all trimmed to the same edge as the cover) at a decent price. The problem is that affordable folding, stapling, and trimming is just not to be found in my local area, at least, not at a cost where I could do it and also sell these booklets to retailers. And even trimming alone is exhorbitant, unless I also have the printer print the booklet and fold and staple it...

So unfortunately, the booklets will not be trimmed, and they will be hand-folded and stapled, which adds a bit more time than I'd hoped to the production end.

I also bumped the interior paper from 20# to 24#... there is a significant quality difference for only a bit more money.

The booklets will be standard digest-sized, 5.5" x 8.5"... so you can put them in your C&C white box!

So it looks like everything is almost ready, just have a few more format conversions to finish.

Here are the prices (page count include 4-page cover):

16...$4.50

20...$5.00

24...$5.50

28...$6.00

32...$6.50

36...$7.00

40...$7.50

44...$8.00

48...$8.50

52...$9.00

56...$9.50

60...$10.00

Note that price does not count the cost of shipping and handling.

I'll have final page counts and costs for each booklet by the end of the week... and ready to take orders!

Finally, note that these will be hand produced as they are ordered... so turnaround time will NOT be immediate... So I'm putting a "Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery" warning on booklet orders (that's for US and Canada; allow another week for International).

[email protected]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Excellent James!

Will we see some bundling/combo product offers?

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Looking forward. $10.00 for 60 pages, not too shabby IMO. Can't wait to fill the the White Box with some AGP and get a new campaign started.
~O
VAE VICTUS!

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Rhuvein wrote:
Will we see some bundling/combo product offers?

Not at first, no... but I do plan on offering bundles on related titles when those are released...

I might offer a "One of everything" deal at the first, with a discount on shipping for those who buy one of each of the new booklets... I need to find out what the shipping costs are first!

[email protected]

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

We are a day away from officially offering our booklets! Everything is in readiness, I just need to get to the Post Office and price shipping on these suckers, from single booklets to small boxes... so I should be ready to take orders tomorrow afternoon.

Here is our complete print product list, with page count and pricing... new booklets are in bold...
Wilderlands of High Adventure
Code ... Title ... Format ... MSRP

AGP00102 ... XXXI (Imperial Town of Tell Qa) ... 48-page, 8.5 x 11 ... $10.00

AGP00104 ... Rhadamanthia Continental Map ... 11 x 17 4-color ... $5.00

AGP00106 ... 2008 Wilderlands Jam ... 48-page, 8.5 x 11 ... $12.00
AGP00107 ... World of the Wilderlands* ... 40-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $7.50

AGP00201 ... Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands 1 ... 32-page, 8.5 x 11 ... $10.95
AGP00251 ... Barbarians of the Wilderlands 1 ... 36-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $7.00

AGP00253 ... Aendryths Eldritch Compendium ... 24-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $5.50

AGP00301 ... Sorcerers of the Wilderlands** ... 28-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $6.00

AGP00302 ... Warrior-Mages of the Wilderlands** ... 20-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $5.00

AGP00303 ... Faiths of the City State: Forn Sidthr ... 24-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $5.50

AGP00501 ... Adventure Games Journal #1 ... 48-page, 8.5 x 11 ... $12.00

AGP01251 ... Campaign Map 18: Southern Reaches ... 17 x 22 4-color ... $5.00

AGP03251 ... WoHA Map 9: Western Karak ... 11 x 17 4-color ... $5.00
AGP05004 ... Skills, Feats, and Languages of the Wilderlands % ... 36-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $7.00

AGP05501 ... Players Guide #1 Tharbrian Horse-Lords ... 36-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $7.00

* Included in AGP00501

** Included in AGP00106

% Designed for d20 ver3.5
Generic Castles & Crusades
Code ... Title ... Format ... MSRP
AGP00653 ... Curses and More Curses ... 40-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $7.50

AGP00676 ... 100 Encounters and Treasures Level 1 ... 28-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $6.00

AGP06101 ... Monstrous Menaces Compendium 1-5 ... 64-page, 5.5 x 8.5 ... $10.50

Unfortunately, the Martial Artist Class just isn't "hefty" enough as its own product, so that will be folded into the Western Karak booklet line.

On Deck: Fantastic Personalities: Barbarians of the Wilderlands

[email protected]

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Almost there...

[email protected]