WoHA Player's Guide #1: Tharbrian Horse-Lords

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
jamesmishler
Ulthal

WoHA Player's Guide #1: Tharbrian Horse-Lords

Post by jamesmishler »

Adventure Games Publishing presents the first in a series of cultural sourcebooks for the Wilderlands of High Adventure. Each installment of the Wilderlands of High Adventure Players Guides includes a fully-detailed culture for players and judges to fully flesh out their Castles & Crusades adventures in the Wilderlands.

The first installment, Wilderlands of High Adventure Players Guide #1: Tharbrian Horse-Lords

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I've been looking forward to these books! You'll have my $5.00 ASAP!

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

A very nice supplement. The level of detail is perfect and really gives plenty of information forming a deep culture. I like this supplement even more because I can populate endless tracks of land with some good roleplaying. The Tharbrians of this Player's Guide make for a familiar, but fantastical element to add to a Wilderlands game. Good stuff.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Cross-posted from other thread:

A very nice supplement. The level of detail is perfect and really gives plenty of information forming a deep culture. I like this supplement even more because I can populate endless tracks of land with some good roleplaying. The Tharbrians of this Player's Guide make for a familiar, but fantastical element to add to a Wilderlands game. Good stuff.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

This sounds pretty cool. What are the prospects on a print release?

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

maasenstodt wrote:
This sounds pretty cool. What are the prospects on a print release?

Not good, unfortunately. Print products have not sold well at all. I still have plenty of 2008 Wilderlands Jams available, and an inordinate number of copies of XXXI still sitting around. And don't make me cry about the M&TW1 fiasco...

I think at this point the only things I'll be printing are Adventure Games Journal and attendant subscriber stuff, with a very limited run of extras.

Maybe when the economy recovers I'll look to expand printing once again...

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

James... I'm really glad that you are writing and I've always enjoyed your material. However, the one question I have is that, with all the various little PDFs that come out (recently the monster PDFs, or some of the series of tables from before) and this mammoth 22 page gem on the Tharbrian Horselords, why don't you save this material for the journal?

Personally, I don't care too much what sort of gaming material goes in as long as it up to par with the material you usually do. Some critters, a few tables, and this latest piece which could easily be the 'feature' article. As far as printing goes... fill your subscriber demands plus another small batch to have on hand and do the PDF thing. Growth in the journal will lead to a greater awareness of AGP in general. I think people will also see the company as moving forward as opposed to being in a 'holding pattern'.

The M&TW1 was a fantastic product but outside this board, I'm not sure how many people are even aware of its existence. I really think this is the main reason why it hasn't sold as well as you would have hoped. As a subscriber, I've even entertained the notion of taking my remaining credit in stock of that accessory alone and see if stores around Montreal might want to carry a copy or two and stock it along side the C&C material. I say this because I think it's that good.

I'm not saying it's easy and if these PDFs are contributing to a vital revenue stream, then that's great and you don't need to go about changing how things are going. If these gains are negligible at best, maybe a new tactic is needed.

In the meantime, I'll pick this up as well as a couple of the other recent critter releases to show my support.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

K2h2m3

Post by K2h2m3 »

I personally prefer print but I'll take what I can get. So far I've really enjoyed AGP products. I have to agree with moriarty that most people off this board probably are not aware of AGP. Actually I was not aware of AGP until I wandered to the bottom of the forums. Now I own all the offerings except the last four which I'll get as soon as able. Thanks for all your work James.