Converting classes

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
jdizzy001
Ulthal

Converting classes

Post by jdizzy001 »

I have the old wheel of time d20 rpg. I'm interested in converting it to cnc. Any pointers?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Converting classes

Post by Rigon »

PM me your email. I was working on a conversion a long time ago. I have all of the classes completed (more or less).

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Wait you have the Wheel of time classes converted any you have been holding out sharing them … you greedy ... ;)
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Post by jdizzy001 »

Sorry Rigon, I’ve tried messaging you twice, but all my PMs get stuck in the outbox 😕

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Lurker wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:21 pm
Wait you have the Wheel of time classes converted any you have been holding out sharing them … you greedy ... ;)
I had posted them here before...

Here is as far as I got:

Races
Humans
• Aiel
◦ Ji’e’Toh: Aiel follow a strict code of Honor and Obligation. All Aiel must be of Lawful alignment.
◦ Restrictions: Aiel will not touch a sword of any kind and refuse to ride.
• Atha’an Miere
◦ Sea Legs: +1 bonus to any rolls dealing with sailing or ships.
• Borderlander
◦ Militia: All Borderlanders have training with the longsword and pike, regardless of class.
• Cairhienin
◦ Daes Dae’mar: +1 to any check related to gathering information/intrigue.
• Domoni
◦ Seductive: +1 bonus to Charisma checks vs. the opposite sex.
• Ebou Dari
◦ Duelist: Ebou Dari gain a +1 to hit and damage with daggers.
• Illianer
◦ Silver Palm: +1 to any check related to appraising items or mercantile endeavors.
• Midlander
◦ Bullheaded: Midlanders gain a +1 to saves vs. mental control.
• Tairen
◦ Self-possession: +1 bonus to any check dealing with personal self-worth.
• Tar Valoner
◦ Cosmopolitan: +1 to any check when dealing with people of different cultures.
• Taraboner
◦ Living History: +1 to any check relating to history or lore.
Ogier
• +2 Str, -2 Dex
• Large sized
• Move: 40 ft
• Dusk vision
• Choose an area of knowledge (architecture, engineering, geography, history or nature) and gain a +1 to any check related to the area of knowledge.
• +1 to Constitution saves
• +1 to Listen checks
• Stoneworking: +1 to checks related to stonework.
• Languages: Ogier and Common
• Restrictions: Cannot become channelers.

Lost Abilities
Dreamwalking
Viewing
Fortelling
Sniffing
Wolfbrother
Greater Ta’veren
Lesser Ta’veren
Woodsinging
See Ta’veren
The Old Blood

Classes
Algai’d’siswai
• Prime: Constitution
• HD: d12/+5
• BtH: Level -1
• Weapons: Aiel spear, Aiel shortbow, club, dagger, hand axe, quarterstaff, sickle
• Armor: none, buckler
• Defense Bonus: +4/+1 per even level (2nd, 4th, 6th, etc)
• Class Abilities: Combat Sense, Conceal, Dance the Spears, Fast Movement, Hand to Hand Expert, Move Silently, Track, Scale, Survival, Whirlwind Attack
◦ Dance the Spears: +1 to hit, damage and initiative with Aiel Spear. The bonus increases by 1 every 6 levels.
◦ Fast Movement: Algai’d’siswai are faster than others of their kind. They add +10 ft to their movement.
◦ Hand to Hand Expert: +1 to hit and deals 1d6 damage when fighting unarmed. The attack deals normal damage unless the Algai’d’siswai chooses to deal subdual damage.
Armsman
• Prime: Strength
• HD: d10/+4
• BtH: Level
• Weapons: any
• Armor: any
• Defense Bonus: +2/+1 per 3rd level (3rd, 6th, 9th, etc)
• Class Abilities: Armor Compatibility, Combat Dominance, Extra Attack, Weapon Specialization
◦ Armor Compatibility: Begin at 3rd level, the Armsman adds his Defense Bonus to the Armor bonus of his armor and shield.
Channeler
• Prime: Intelligence
• HD: d6/+2
• BtH: Level/3 (round down)
• Weapons: Club, dagger, crossbow
• Armor: none
• Class Abilities: The One Power, Weavesight, Slow Aging
◦ The One Power: Channelers draw upon the Five Powers of the True Source to create weaves.
▪ Affinities: The channeler begins with an Affinity for 1 of the Five Powers (Air Earth, Fire, Water, Spirit). If female, choose among Air, Water, Spirit. If male, choose among Earth, Fire, Spirit. Channelers gain bonus Affinities for having a high Int (+1 Affinity per point of bonus). These bonus Affinities are gained through experience. A new Affinity is gained once every 4th level (4th, 8th, 12th).
▪ Talents: The channeler begins play knowing 1 common Talent. The channeler gains bonus Talents for having high Int at 1st level (+1 Talent per point of bonus). A new Talent is gained with experience. The new Talent is gained every 3rd level (3rd, 6th, 9th).
▪ Weaves: The channeler begins play knowing 6 common weaves of 0 or 1st level (including multilevel weaves that contain 0 and 1st level weaves). New Weaves can be learned through observation or training. Weaves cost Level +1 in Strength points to cast. (A 3rd level Weave would cost 4 Strength points to cast.) Weave levels increase by 1 for every odd level (1st at 1, 2nd at 3, 3rd at 5, etc). Beyond 0 and 1st level Weaves, a channeler can only cast Weaves within their Talents.
▪ Strength: Strength is the channelers raw ability in the True Source. Strength is measured in points. A channeler begins play with 8 Strength points plus bonuses from their Mental Attributes (Int, Wis, Cha), if any. As the channerler gains in experience, their Strength in the One Power also increases. The channeler gains 1d8 + Mental Attribute bonuses in Strength points every time a new level is gained. (A 1st level channeler with Int 15, Wis 17, and Cha 12 would start play with 11 points of Strength. When the channeler advances to 2nd level, they roll 1d8 getting a 3 and add 3 for their bonus to get a 6 for that level. Bringing their total to 17 points of Strength.) Additionally, after reaching 6th level, a channeler can determine the Strength of another channeler by making a successful Int check.
▪ Overchanneling: When a channeler’s Strength is used up for a day, they may still cast Weaves by overchanneling. However this is dangerous and may lead to the loss of the abilitiy to touch the True Source. To overchannel, make a Con check vs. the level of the Weave being cast (+2 to the check if casting a 2nd level Weave). If successful, the channeler casts as normal. If not successful, the Weave fails and the channeler must make a Con save. If the save passes, then the channeler is unharmed by the attempt to overchannel. If the save fails, then the channeler suffers a severe headache and extreme fatigue resulting in a -3 to all rolls, 2d6 points of damage, and cannot Channel again for 48 hours. If a 1 is rolled for this save, the channeler must make an immediate Int save. If the save is successful, the channeler suffers a -6 to all rolls, 4d6 points of damage, and cannot Channel for 96 hours. If the Int save fails, the channeler is cut off from the True Source (able to still sense it, but not able to touch it).
◦ Weavesight: Beginning at 2nd level, the channeler can see the glow of the One Power surrounding another channeler and they can see weaves being formed. If the channeler makes an Int check, they can learn how to cast that weave.
◦ Tie off a Weave: Beginning at 3rd level, a channeler is able to tie off a weave with a duration of concentration making it, in effect, indefinite without holding it. The weave simple continues to function until it is released. However, the weave will unravel after a number of days equal to the channeler’s level plus their Int bonus. (A 4th level channeler with an Int of 17 can tie off a weave that will unravel 6 days later.)
◦ Slow Aging: As the channeler gains in experience, they are no longer affected by aging. Starting at 4th level, divide the channelers level by 2. The result is the number of years that must pass for the channeler to age 1 year.
Gleeman
• Prime: Charisma
• HD: d8/+3
• BtH: Level/2 (round down)
• Weapons: Club, crossbow, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, rapier, sap, shortbow, short sword, whip
• Armor: Padded, leather, studded leather, mail shirt
• Defense Bonus: +3/+1 every odd level (3rd, 5th, 7th, etc)
• Class Abilities: Legend Lore, Decipher Script, Entertainer, Exalt, Exhort Greatness, Fascinate, Listen, Pick Pocket
◦ Entertainer (Cha): The gleeman gains a +1 bonus to any roll that deals with entertaining (singing, story telling, juggling, tumbling, etc) a group of on-lookers.
Healer
• Prime: Wisdom
• HD: d6/+2
• BtH: Level/3 (round down)
• Weapons: Club, dagger, staff, light crossbow
• Armor: none
• Class Abilities: Nature Lore, Neutralize/Delay Poison, Poisons, Poultices, Teas
◦ Poultices: The healer is able to mix poultices that heal 1d12+Wis bonus to an individual 1/day/person. (Jaim takes 5 points of damage in a battle with a Trolloc. Carrin, the village Wisdom, makes a poultice for his wounds and heals him 1d12 plus her Wis bonus this day.)
◦ Teas: The healer can mix herbs into potent teas. These teas can cause numerous effects from causing sleep to curing headaches to blocking the ability to channel. The drinker of the tea makes a Con save versus the healer’s level and Wis bonus, or suffers the effects of the tea.
Noble
• Prime: Charisma
• Weapons: any
• Armor: any
• Class Abilities: Horsemanship, Inspire, Embolden, Demoralize, Battlefield Dominance, Call-to-Arms, Call in a Favor
◦ Call in a Favor (Cha): Beginning at 1st level and every odd level the noble can call in a favor. The favor allows nobles to gain valuable information and limited resources without paying for them. The noble makes a Cha check. The Ck sets the TN based on the favor; simple favors may be 0-1 while expensive or illegal favors may be set as high as 20. If the check fails, the favor is not used and can be used again at a later time. Multiple favors can be accumulated.
Wanderer
• Prime: Dexterity
• HD: d8/+3
• BtH: Level/2 (round down)
• Weapons: Club, crossbow, dagger, dart, mace, morningstar, quarterstaff, rapier, sap, shortbow, short sword
• Armor: Padded, leather, studded leather
• Class Abilities: Back Attack, Dark One’s Own Luck, Climb, Decipher Script, Hide, Move Silently, Open Locks, Pick Pocket, Traps
◦ Dark One’s Own Luck: 1/day, the wanderer may re-roll any one roll that he just made, as long as that roll depends primarily on luck (attack, save, etc).
Woodsman
• Prime: Wisdom
• Weapons: Any
• Armor: Padded, leather, studded leather, mail shirt, hide, brigandine, full mail, breastplate, shields
• Class Abilities: Conceal, Nature’s Warrior, Move Silently, Scale, Traps, Track, Survival
◦ Nature’s Warrior: When fighting humanoids in a single environment (forest, swamp, plains, mountains, the Waste or the Blight), the woodsman adds half his Dexterity bonus (round down) to attack rolls, in addition to his Strength bonus and his level to damage. The bonus applies when fighting wild beasts anywhere. The woodsman adds one additional environment at 8th and 16th levels.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

And I uploaded it to my "Whatnots."

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Post by jdizzy001 »

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

jdizzy001 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:26 pm
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing
You are very much welcomed. Especially if you can put a finished conversion out there.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Nice thanks for sharing .

I'd forgotten how much I wanted to play in that world esp with the earlier books …
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society