New Books

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
soloplayer
Mist Elf

New Books

Post by soloplayer »

I'm seeing some cool things popping up on the TLG Store...

soloplayer
Mist Elf

Re: New Books

Post by soloplayer »

Ordered!

Really appreciate the surprises... The Encounter Index is outstanding! That coupled with Quick Threats and Side Treks will make for some solo fun.

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

Thank you for providing the alert; I was wondering when this was due to arrive for retail distribution. As stated before, really looking forward to seeing some full-colour bad guys, humanoids who hover around the edges of a productive and self-sustaining ecology and who do really nothing other than raid and plunder, raid and plunder...wondering, if all the humans and demihumans took off, who would kick their butts into creating and maintaining a solid agricultural basis? Be kind of interesting to see some alternate-universe stories, where male orcs till the fields all day, wearing straw, wide-brimmed hats, overalls with one strap missing, wiping their sweating brows and snivelling that their fathers had it so much easier than they do; just put on the make-shift armour, get a blunt weapon or two and raid that town. Then they get home and their wives - who are the ones who really run things, and woe betide the orc who contradicts his wife's accounting and financial acumen - start telling them about how they actually have to start making trade deals with the hobgoblins and the trolls in order to make debt payments for next year. Ah, things were so much easier when all we had to do was kill to live...

Anyway, all that aside, good to see M&T fifth printing finally hitting the stores. All appreciations for the news.

BigJackBrass
Mist Elf

Post by BigJackBrass »

soloplayer wrote:... Quick Threats and Side Treks...
Looks like someone at TLG is a Thompson Twins fan :-D

spudeus
Ungern

Post by spudeus »

Cleric! Cleric! Can't u see I'm Burning, Burning!

I will have to get the Encounter Index - seems perfect for on the fly encounters at the table, opposed to lugging around a heavy book.

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

spudeus: Nothing to do with new books whatsoever, but just to note - I do like that shot you included very much. Really does encapsulate the horror and devastation of a red dragon (ancient, presumably) attack, and the colour scheme is subtle enough to put an air of hopeless realism into what our hapless protagonist in the front is dealing with.

In any event, thanks for including that. Back to how Monsters & Treasure fifth printing is changing our world...

soloplayer
Mist Elf

Post by soloplayer »

Got my haul!

Great-looking books... gonna be a good day.