Origins in Columbus in June?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Origins in Columbus in June?

Post by Captain_K »

Who's going? Who's playing? What's the inside scoop..

Officially there are just two games being played.. registration starts Wed...

This will be my first "con"... Friday through Sunday....

Bringing down nearly the whole C&C crew from Erie PLUS Arcane Chimera should be riding along from the Land of Cleves...

Capt'n
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Origins in Columbus in June?

Post by Omote »

Don't think I can make it, but I'm shooting for coming down on Saturday. Maybe just for the day, maybe overnight.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

It's everything I can do to make it to GenCon every other year. I need to move up north - because the convention scene in Florida sucks, horribly - or I need to hit to lottery. I will be going to GenCon this year, but I might take a break from it and start hitting the smaller cons. Origins being one (as well as NTRPG Con, GaryCon, and some choice others). Alas, no Origins for me.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

One of the only things I actually miss about Ohio is Origins. My wife and I used to go every year from around 1999 until 2008. Living in Oregon now and there are no cons that come even close to Origins. Wish we could still go.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

OK, Looks like AC is going on his own, one day there and back.. Kirk
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

narpet wrote:One of the only things I actually miss about Ohio is Origins. My wife and I used to go every year from around 1999 until 2008. Living in Oregon now and there are no cons that come even close to Origins. Wish we could still go.
No cons worth even calling Cons in the PNW for the last decade you mean mate. :(
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

Go0gleplex wrote:
narpet wrote:One of the only things I actually miss about Ohio is Origins. My wife and I used to go every year from around 1999 until 2008. Living in Oregon now and there are no cons that come even close to Origins. Wish we could still go.
No cons worth even calling Cons in the PNW for the last decade you mean mate. :(
True, very true.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Sounds like a Troll lead market waiting to be tapped...

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

Hmmm... haven't been in years. My brother lives in Columbus, and he is a bit of a gamer. So maybe i can work out a trip with him.

-Fizz

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I've wanted to go for the last few years, but can never seem to get there. And it doesn't look like it will happen this year either. Maybe next year.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

We’re (brother Litzen and I) going. It’s only a three-hour drive, so it’s a lot easier than schlepping out to Gen Con. Hoping to get in some C&C, D&D, Pathfinder, and Tunnels & Trolls, amongst other things. Last year our schedule was packed, so we’re trying a more relaxed approach to give us more time to demo games and whatnot.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I go to NTRPGCon in June.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Wife and I have talked about it, but not likely this year. Too many things taking away vacation time.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

The last Origins I went to was in 1984, when it was here in Denton of all places (!) Of course I lived outside Longview at thetime, so it was still a big drive. Like Tree, I'd love to go but its too close to NTXRPG and that has priority I'm afraid. :(

Maybe next year....maybe.

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

So who has advice for sign ups? The second it opens? Register the day ahead of time then on this Wed at 1 pm nail the games?

Who recommends what games since there is only two CnC games?

When and where does Steve do his big game? How does one get in on that?

Thanks, first time ever going, so I need some help getting this right.

Captain_K

PS How the hell do we recognize each other? Wear CnC shirts? Make shirts with our Avatar on them?

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

Captain_K wrote:So who has advice for sign ups? The second it opens? Register the day ahead of time then on this Wed at 1 pm nail the games?

Who recommends what games since there is only two CnC games?

When and where does Steve do his big game? How does one get in on that?

Thanks, first time ever going, so I need some help getting this right.

Captain_K

PS How the hell do we recognize each other? Wear CnC shirts? Make shirts with our Avatar on them?
My only suggestion, if they still offer it, is to register for events online asap. That's the best way to lock in. That's what I would always do and it worked out well.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Registration does not start until Wed.. only one CnC game over the weekend. So want to slate others, but not miss the chance to hang with those of us going....

Bree_Yark
Skobbit

Post by Bree_Yark »

Captain_K wrote:Who's going? Who's playing? What's the inside scoop..

Officially there are just two games being played.. registration starts Wed...

This will be my first "con"... Friday through Sunday....

Bringing down nearly the whole C&C crew from Erie PLUS Arcane Chimera should be riding along from the Land of Cleves...

Capt'n

Across the street at North market you can get some of the most unique Ice Cream you can imagine at Jeni's.

You need to head down to The Book Loft while in Columbus, a few blocks down you can get a cream puff as big as your head at Schmidt's. Both are about a 4 minute cab ride from the convention center.

On the way out of town stop at the Laughing Ogre, the best comic shop in town, about a 10 drive.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

A 2nd vote for Jeni's. It's just the best.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

My crew of 7 have signed up for at least one DnD like game each day. I'm afraid we swarmed the only CnC game available to us - Friday.

We're still looking for Hotels... likely a Sheraton place and we will try to get our own conference room for gaming at our hotel after hours or when we have a break.

REALLY want to get in on a Troll run game!

Thanks for the input. How do you all recognize each other? All wear your CnC shirts? We need to make a CnC shirt with our real name and screen name on the darn thing...

Litzen Tallister
Red Cap

Post by Litzen Tallister »

After the fun (aka, not) of events sign up, brother (Jyrdan) and I are signed up for Rats Ate My Spellbook! Even though I really like Origins, this year's sign up was especially painful. But it being done means nothing left but looking forward to the convention.

I haven't gone to Jeni's yet, but I definitely would agree with the North Market as a stop during the convention. Also, the Krema Nut Company is a short drive (or longer walk) from the convention and stocks some really neat nut butters. I'm a fan of their spicy peanut butter.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Did anyone sign up for the CnC game on Friday beside me and my team of 6 others from Erie? Rumor has is the CK had to bail.. trying to get one of the Trolls to fill in the spot..

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Gods, that sucks when a GM at a convention can't go. Sorry to hear, especially in the wake of only 1 C&C game this year. Fear not, I think Origins is once again picking up on the spillover of those disenchanted with the GenCon behemoth. Origins is looking up!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Litzen Tallister
Red Cap

Post by Litzen Tallister »

Omote wrote:Fear not, I think Origins is once again picking up on the spillover of those disenchanted with the GenCon behemoth. Origins is looking up!

~O
That's where Jyrdan and I are. We went to Gen Con a few years back, which was super awesome to do, but also a lot of work to manage between the hotel reservation system, the events registration system, and travel. Origins, even with all its quirks, is easier to get a hotel room for, easier to get first choice of events, and a lot closer for us. It's still got a ton of gaming to do and each year seems to expand in some fashion.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Were you and Jyrdan signed up for the game with the CK? I think we should keep our slot open and play.. I'm trying to get one of the Trolls to fill in the CK slot if not I or one of my group could do it unless one of you want to.. Capt