Codex Celtaruim and Codex Nordica

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Codex Celtaruim and Codex Nordica

Post by Julian Grimm »

Can anyone who has these give me an idea on the new spells, class options and other content in them? Thinking of picking these up but I am not sold just yet.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Codex Celtaruim and Codex Nordica

Post by Treebore »

Can you access Google Drive? If so I can let you look at my PDF's. As long as you don't DL them its the same as me handing my physical copies across the table and letting you page through them. Once your done looking at them I can then just destroy the link. IF interested, PM me, I don't want to make the link public. In fact, I will need your e-mail to make it unique to you.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

And if you subscribe to the TLG Portal, all of the content should be available to you online through the Portal.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Buttmonkey wrote:And if you subscribe to the TLG Portal, all of the content should be available to you online through the Portal.
For Celtarum and Nordica? Don't think so. They have some CKG stuff up, but I haven't noticed any of the Celtarum or Nordica material being available.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I don't have a subscription, so I don't know what is up yet. The Trolls have talked about putting up everything. I guess I got excitedly optimistic.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Buttmonkey wrote:I don't have a subscription, so I don't know what is up yet. The Trolls have talked about putting up everything. I guess I got excitedly optimistic.
Yeah, they don't even have everything up for the PHB and CKG yet, and still have a lot to put up for AA, let alone all the other materials they have. Definitely going to be a while before they get everything up there.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

PM sent. Thanks.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

So I ordered Codex Celtaruim and it arrived today. In short, I love it and am going to be using this. I have already begun a map of my version of the British Isles ( now one landmass) and am working on a Scandinavian area to use for when I order Codex Nordica. So my new setting is going to be Yggsburgh on a fantastic Earth inspired by what is in the Codex, legend and some things I have ripped off from video games, stories and other areas.

Now next question; what's the news on Codex Germania and what is after it?
Lord Skystorm

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Julian Grimm wrote:So I ordered Codex Celtaruim and it arrived today. In short, I love it and am going to be using this. I have already begun a map of my version of the British Isles ( now one landmass) and am working on a Scandinavian area to use for when I order Codex Nordica. So my new setting is going to be Yggsburgh on a fantastic Earth inspired by what is in the Codex, legend and some things I have ripped off from video games, stories and other areas.

Now next question; what's the news on Codex Germania and what is after it?
We had a Mythos Kickstarter, so we will be getting the next 3 books at the same time. Germania is pretty much ready to print, Steve thinks the other two will be wrapped up in the next month and sent off to the printers. When they do, they can give us a pretty solid estimate on the date of delivery of the print books. They'll give us the PDF's before that, to look for printing issues prior to sending them off. We have had Germania for about two months already. I hope they will give us the other two PDF's for at least 2 weeks.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Awesomeness. I am really liking this series as much as I did the green books that TSR did back during 2e. I also believe that they compliment each other nicely. The funny thing is that when I first started playing D&D I believed that the game took place in a fantasy Europe and I ran my early campaigns with that in mind. Now it seems that things are coming full circle with this series making me want to do bring my game back to that setting.
Lord Skystorm

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

They are fantastic books and if you liked the first two books, you'll simply love Germania. They certainly complement the old HR series that TSR published however I honestly have to say that the material in these inspire me so much more. I'm really happy to have gotten these and I can't wait to get the ones from the Mythos Kickstarter.

M