Changes you would make to C&C

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Changes you would make to C&C

Post by Captain_K »

What HD would that be 50+??? Those breath weapons are pretty nasty!
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Captain_K wrote:What HD would that be 50+??? Those breath weapons are pretty nasty!
Doesn't really matter if the party has time to prepare, and make themselves 100% immune to such breath weapons...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

What WAS Godzilla's breath weapon, a nuclear ray??? Not sure what spell that would be.... any way you slice it, I'd take Godzilla over a Tesarque (sp)! (this should start a fight.. should we throw in Solars too??)
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Captain_K wrote:What WAS Godzilla's breath weapon, a nuclear ray??? Not sure what spell that would be.... any way you slice it, I'd take Godzilla over a Tesarque (sp)! (this should start a fight.. should we throw in Solars too??)
Godzilla Breath: Atomic Fire (aka Fusion breath)
King Ghidorah: Lightening
Gamera: Fire Ball
Rodan: Wind
Mothra: Sleep Dust (adult), Silk (larva), Possibly a hypnotic thing with its wings too if I remember correctly.
MechaGodzilla: Missiles, Particle Beam, Lasers
King Kong: Electrical Touch, recharged off of electricity (King Kong vs Godzilla and the only time this was seen)
Hedorah: Toxic Sludge

There was also laser Eye (Gigan), Saw Blade scales, Explosive Pollen I think (Biollante), Space Godzilla had Plasma Beam Breath or similar, A Sonic Shriek, and a few others I can't remember right off the top of my head.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

I am a little puzzled with the codec, why make it Japan specific, couldn't codec Asianatica be done?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

gabriellyon wrote:I am a little puzzled with the codec, why make it Japan specific, couldn't codec Asianatica be done?

I am hoping a Codex will be done for every asian group. Their histories and legends are certainly huge/extensive enough to allow for it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Definitely. As are the pantheons and family politics.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

If I thought I needed to change much in C&C I'd just play one of the other 1000 D&D-like games that was closer to what I wanted. Mostly C&C is ok like it is.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Boot Knife
Ungern

Post by Boot Knife »

Aergraith wrote:If I thought I needed to change much in C&C I'd just play one of the other 1000 D&D-like games that was closer to what I wanted. Mostly C&C is ok like it is.
Same here.
Resistance is futile.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I also increase the standard healing rate as part of my house rules. It makes no sense to me that a 1st level PC could be completely healed with three days of rest, but a 10th level PC might take months to get back to full hit points. To correct this horrible injustice, my PCs regain hit points through rest at the rate of one hit point per level per day. Thus, a 1st level PC still heals at the rate of one hit point per day, but a 5th level PC will heal at the rate of 5 hit points per day.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

That is a great start, but fighters still take three times longer than mages to heal. Got a good fix to that yet?

I do the 1 point/lvl. bit too plus let them have their CON bonus.. those with high CON heal faster, that helps with the fighters, but not completely. I also allow some hit point recovery not associated with "a nights comfy sleep". See below:

OHR#1 Hit Point Recovery:
When a PC falls below half their max. hit points they can recover 1 hp/class level + CON bonus anytime a full rest is taken.
A full rest is typically a full night’s rest, but can also be as little as one full hour of rest, recovery, prayer, and/or first aid - CK's call, PCs may (should) request. Once back above half their max. hit points, this option cannot be used.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I am torn on whether I would make alignment more important. Maybe have something regarding cleric magic and same-alignment spell effects, such that healing works better on those of like mind, less on minor opposition, and practically not at all against full-bore enemies. But... this makes a fine house rule, where a Castle Keeper wants to add divinity as a stronger force.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I haven't given this too much thought, but I agree with others about the WIS prime for Rangers, maybe a minor tweak to the fighter, and I think the rogue and the assassin could use a bth bump at higher levels (from the CKG). I'm sure I could come up with other ideas, but those are just a few.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Go0gleplex wrote:
Captain_K wrote:What WAS Godzilla's breath weapon, a nuclear ray??? Not sure what spell that would be.... any way you slice it, I'd take Godzilla over a Tesarque (sp)! (this should start a fight.. should we throw in Solars too??)
Godzilla Breath: Atomic Fire (aka Fusion breath)
King Ghidorah: Lightening
Gamera: Fire Ball
Rodan: Wind
Mothra: Sleep Dust (adult), Silk (larva), Possibly a hypnotic thing with its wings too if I remember correctly.
MechaGodzilla: Missiles, Particle Beam, Lasers
King Kong: Electrical Touch, recharged off of electricity (King Kong vs Godzilla and the only time this was seen)
Hedorah: Toxic Sludge

There was also laser Eye (Gigan), Saw Blade scales, Explosive Pollen I think (Biollante), Space Godzilla had Plasma Beam Breath or similar, A Sonic Shriek, and a few others I can't remember right off the top of my head.
Fantastic!!!!

Now I want to watch all those movies! Not just for the excellent effects mentioned, but for the sheer hilarity of those movies!!

Saturday night movie extravaganza!!

Herbal remedies and rum/eggnog libations!!

Done. ;)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth