Page 1 of 1

Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 pm
by Treebore
We have the "Beauty" stat again! Lots of interesting ideas for making high level characters even more powerful than the rules already make them be. Doubt I will be using much of this, but its still full of interesting ideas in its 20 pages.

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:06 pm
by Arduin
A new C&C pdf?

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:15 pm
by Treebore
Arduin wrote:A new C&C pdf?
Yeah, just released to backers of the last Kickstarter.

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:35 pm
by Rigon
Treebore wrote:We have the "Beauty" stat again! Lots of interesting ideas for making high level characters even more powerful than the rules already make them be. Doubt I will be using much of this, but its still full of interesting ideas in its 20 pages.
Is it the first chapter excerpt thingy from the CKG? Like the one they put out away back before the CKG was a full thing. The one they were selling at TrollCon that year I went.

R-

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:46 pm
by Treebore
Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:We have the "Beauty" stat again! Lots of interesting ideas for making high level characters even more powerful than the rules already make them be. Doubt I will be using much of this, but its still full of interesting ideas in its 20 pages.
Is it the first chapter excerpt thingy from the CKG? Like the one they put out away back before the CKG was a full thing. The one they were selling at TrollCon that year I went.

R-
It is a lot like that. It covers the Beauty stat, then gives a fair number of additional powers for play at 12th level and above, going as high as 24th. For all of the core classes.

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:52 pm
by Captain_K
Sounds like the front of the CKG..

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:52 pm
by Treebore
and they have already released an updated PDF!

:lol:

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 pm
by Treebore
Captain_K wrote:Sounds like the front of the CKG..
It is, just not the same rules stuff.

I take that back, it is the same rules stuff, just formatted better and re organized to be in line with how they have the classes ordered in the newest PHB.

Sorry, since I don't use the CKG, I haven't looked at the CKG in probably a year or more. So it seemed new to me.

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:54 pm
by Arduin
Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:We have the "Beauty" stat again! Lots of interesting ideas for making high level characters even more powerful than the rules already make them be. Doubt I will be using much of this, but its still full of interesting ideas in its 20 pages.
Is it the first chapter excerpt thingy from the CKG? Like the one they put out away back before the CKG was a full thing. The one they were selling at TrollCon that year I went.

R-
The current CKG has beauty & Epic level rules for all the core classes. Same thing as this "new" pdf.

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:28 pm
by Captain_K
Just down loaded it myself.. OK for stuff if you get that high...

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:32 am
by alcyone
The nice thing is you can hand this and not the whole CKG to a player at the table during creation or leveling.

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:32 pm
by moriarty777
Aergraith wrote:The nice thing is you can hand this and not the whole CKG to a player at the table during creation or leveling.
Exactly... it's also great for the player who just has the PHB but doesn't want to invest in the CKG. The only downside is that it really is just for epic stuff and I haven't heard of any campaigns running epic level stuff for C&C.

In the various campaigns I have run, I don't think any character has reached beyond 6th or 7th level. One will eventually get there though (or at least I hope it will). ;)

M

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:38 pm
by Treebore
moriarty777 wrote:
Aergraith wrote:The nice thing is you can hand this and not the whole CKG to a player at the table during creation or leveling.
Exactly... it's also great for the player who just has the PHB but doesn't want to invest in the CKG. The only downside is that it really is just for epic stuff and I haven't heard of any campaigns running epic level stuff for C&C.

In the various campaigns I have run, I don't think any character has reached beyond 6th or 7th level. One will eventually get there though (or at least I hope it will). ;)

M
I've ran games up to 17th level in C&C, but I came up with my own stuff for going above what the PHB covers years before the CKG was released, and for some reason, I much prefer what I do over what is in the CKG.