Help with Runes and Runemaster Class

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Help with Runes and Runemaster Class

Post by Captain_K »

How does the class blend with the average classes?

I'll admit the illusionist gives me fits.... I fear I will not CK this class too well.

Also, Where are the expansive list of runes? Both the book RuneMark and the AB Runemark (seem the same to me) have a very short list of runes despite "hinting" at many codex and runes out there without codex..

Suggestions on how to make new runes? I need to make a few "bone" or "demon" runes... I think.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Dorf the Dwarf
Mist Elf

Re: Help with Runes and Runemaster Class

Post by Dorf the Dwarf »

Now, there is a book to come, ADventurer's Spellbook. IT will comply spells from a lot of sources and it will give us the missing runes. ALL of them.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

So there are no other runes I've just missed. I'd love to get others runes you've created, share runes. I love the idea, but its great work not to warp things... this class seems trickier than the illusionist.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I once posted a whole "to do" on use of classical Futhark. Not exactly the same though, but runic in nature.

And then I did some Oghams which are also similarly themed.

If I can get time, maybe I will post them again (wouldn't count on it.)

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

serleran, If you get the time, my Runecaster and I would greatly appreciate it. thanks, Kirk

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

It is not as cool as I remember (or maybe it is...) but here is what I did a while back; I'd probably add more details these days. Also, the fonts don't work anymore as embeds so the actual runes will look dumb.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q93jrjngtbhk ... l0qQa?dl=0

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Thank you so much, very cool, lots of detail and thought... too much for me before my am coffee for sure... but thanks, will be very helpful.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I have Serleran's stuff. VERY cool and the detail is as always amazing! I found a font you can download for free that allows for the Norse Elder Runes: Source: https://www.dafont.com/viking-elder-runes.font I cannot show it here. But a simple font down load.. 26 letter 26 runes... more than enough. Now I want to get the Rune Odin learned on the tree into families or call each one a potential family and start creating runes and combinations of runes "mortals" can learn and use...

My fear is I will just create a rune that is basically a more open spell..... the open ended runes, without levels, kind of freak me out. Any advice.

Anyway... should be writing some runes... will try to post some and put some into Domesday 11.