Exhaustion

Forum for discussion of Victorious, the upcoming Siege Engine RPG

Moderator: DMMike

Treebore
Mogrl

Exhaustion

Post by Treebore »

DM Mike, I need to talk to you about this rule. Its good for in a typical "combat" scenario, but its not good for outside of combat. For example, one of your pre gens has Telepathy. After they "contact" a given mind, they always know where that mind is. So can always "attack" it. Using the Exhaustion rules they would be able to attack a given mind many times per day. So I want to come up with an expansion of Exhaustion rules to limit such actions each day as well.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Re: Exhaustion

Post by DMMike »

Ok, but keep in mind that unless otherwise purchased there is no "invisible" power effects. The mind can be attacked, but A) It will be obvious what's happening, and B) the psychic attack can be followed back to its source. So, its not an invisible 'kick the can at will' type of ability.

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:Ok, but keep in mind that unless otherwise purchased there is no "invisible" power effects. The mind can be attacked, but A) It will be obvious what's happening, and B) the psychic attack can be followed back to its source. So, its not an invisible 'kick the can at will' type of ability.

Mike
Ah. I was not aware that was the default assumption. It never occurred to me that "mind energy" would be visible to anyone without similar powers.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Well, you CAN do that...but it costs a rank to move to that ability. As default, all powers are expected to have some sort of visible effect. Now what that looks like is usually set up between player and GM, but it is visible.

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

DMMike wrote:Well, you CAN do that...but it costs a rank to move to that ability. As default, all powers are expected to have some sort of visible effect. Now what that looks like is usually set up between player and GM, but it is visible.

Mike
Nice, so Roger has a chance of figuring out just where those repeated intrusions to his mind are coming from and we have at least a target or location to strat working on ...

Grab your guns, we are back in this thing and have a fighting chance !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

but circling back to the question, especially as this may eventually effect Miss Faith ...

With a mind reader in specific, how often can they read ones thoughts once they have established a contact, how many people can they have contacted (and therefore readable again) floating around in the back of their mind before they begin to lose contact or go a bit off from all the different people/thoughts bouncing around in the back of their brain.

Scimiliarly, how jong can one that has an invisibility type power keep it up when not in combat ???
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society