Adventure Games Journal #2

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
jamesmishler
Ulthal

Adventure Games Journal #2

Post by jamesmishler »

Adventure Games Journal #2 is already underway and a good portion is complete! I am not working on it at the moment, but it will have my full attention beginning the Monday following my wedding (July 10th, a week from today).

I should note before anyone asks, it will almost certainly not be ready in time for Gen Con, unfortunately.
Scheduled contents include:
Ravaged Ruins of the Roglaras: the long-awaited "lost ruins" of the lands of the Invincible Overlord and surrounding areas!
Temple of the Dancing Snake: a description of the temple, faith, priests, and followers of the infamous Temple of the Dancing Snake of Tarantis, including maps of six upper levels and five dungeon levels!
In Character: The Assassins' Guild of the City State
Poisons of the Wilderlands: All about the different poisons of the Wilderlands, from the various natural poisons of native serpents and scorpions to the magical potions brewed by alchemists. Includes a new system for poison damage.
Player's Guide ???: A complete player's guide for one of the cultures of the Wilderlands! Click here to put in your two copper's worth on which culture should be featured in the first issue!
Wilderness Hex Series: The first installment in the Wilderness Hex Series premieres in this issue of Adventure Games Journal! The featured hex is Hex 11: 2315, deep in the heart of Oricha along the edge of Thalaea Bay. Here resides since ancient times the Zarkonaiad Fasaria, who survived unscathed the Founders Empire, the War of the Pious and Philosophers, and the Dragon Empire. Weakened by millennia-wrought ennui, she seeks heroes to protect her from the depredations and incursions of the followers of Armadad Bog.
Monsters & Treasure of the Wilderlands: All-new monsters and treasures, intricately interlaced with the Wilderlands, for the Judge to enhance her campaign.
Hanging Out in the City State: The School of Bards of the City State of the Invincible Overlord.
Lost Gods of the Wilderlands: Zarkon, Lord of Long Rivers and Father of the Zarkonaiads.

Plus the Bully Pulpit, Rumors Around the Wilderlands, and More!

For subscribers, we'll also include two copies each of the Rhadamanthia Continental Map and Rhadamanthia District Map 9: Western Karak, plus maybe (maybe) some other goodies!

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
jamesagp1@gmail.com
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

cool, cool, cool.

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Re: Adventure Games Journal #2

Post by maasenstodt »

Very cool. I can't wait for more print product!

I've already commented on the matter on your blog, but I'd suggest fleshing out the cultures presented in XXXI. Another thought is to provide more detail on groups in the Southern Reaches. Something, at any rate, to expand upon work you've already completed.

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

So far, there's a plain leader for the culture to be featured in in a Player's Guide in Adventure Games Journal #2:
Amazon Warrior-Women of the Roglaras, almost twice as popular as the members of the next group!

Followed by Altanian Highlanders of Altanis, Elphan Mountain-Riders of the Elephas, Orichalan Dragon-Lords, and Viridian Commoners & Greenbloods

Thirds is a tie between Aelphen Woods-Folk of the Elephas, Smyrian Meadow-Folk of Viridistan, and Sverkka Eldritch-Lords of Pokrantil

And also-rans include Amazon Savages of the Beast Lands, Gishmesh and Paldorians of Tarantis, Mamlukim Warrior-Lords of the Southlands, Orichalans of Oricha, Orichalans of the Isles, and Tharbrian Savages of the Beast Lands.

The others have no votes at all...

Voting is open for another week or so, so be sure to get in your two coppers worth when you get a chance!

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
jamesagp1@gmail.com
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

K2h2m3
Red Cap

Post by K2h2m3 »

Where does one vote? Or is that only an option for those that subscribed? D'oh nevermind I see it now.