Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Death

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
User avatar
old school gamer
Red Cap
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 am

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by old school gamer »

I can play tonight if you are.

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

old school gamer wrote:I can play tonight if you are.
Just saw your PM and replied
Glad to have you

Let me know if you have a PC you want to run, or just play a key NPC I have been introducing to the group on the train ride they are on.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

Story 1 - It all starts on a train - is now finished

Well except for 1 lose thread it is , but I'll fix that soon enough :twisted:

You stopped all the major & minor bad events from happening

You stopped the imp(s) in their attempts to spy and cause random mischief - though you did make a big scene on your 3rd encounter with the Imp , & what a scene it was ! :lol:

You helped Masek run his rabbit's race and draw out the Red Death's servants hunting him
You kept ... (you still don't know his name) … from capturing and torturing the information out of Masek.
You made a friend of Capt S and drew him into his 1st step in becoming a hunter himself.
You got the information you need to take the next step closer to your fates as Hunters from Masek.
You spent almost 1 / 2 your attacks in the clearing trying to save him and not only on defending yourselves
Plus, you gave more comfort to Masek in his swan song passing than I planed on.

So, I take it as a nearly perfect success in the story.

Everyone has 1,200 Exp. (I'll post it at the front of the thread too to keep easy track of it as we play)
You each get 1 fate point

***
Mystical item

Fate's / Desire's Compass

With strong emption, or after spending time attuning to it, and thinking about your desire, or a critical moment of fate, you gain information (distance and direction) to the next point of fate you need to travel to, or where the object of your desire is

### ### - info you all do not have on it yet

### ### - more info you don't have on it yet
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

All I keep forgetting to ask.

What do you all want to explore in the Gothic Horror realm?

I have the series of stories put together to get you some experience, get you all linked into the Demon/Ghost/Evil hunter group(s), and get you back to America. However, much more than that, it starts to become an adventure arc with just a layer of horror slapped on top.

True horror has to be a 2 way street, and what I like or want to delve into may not interest or be creepy or be cathartic for any of you all.

I need to know what thing in the horror genre you want to look into as the game progresses.

I know 1 character’s background is tied to fire, another is tied to something his mother did (and then the realization that hardened outlaws can be more than just mortally evil), and one has a history with the dreaded Vampyres, so those are things I can use. But they are things that can be used any different ways depending on the genera of the story

With that, I still need to know the types if horror tropes you want to play through.

Do you all want a haunted house and a need to figure out why the ghost(s) are ghosts and why they are tied to the specific house
Do you want a find and stop Jack the Ripper (and just why is he the Ripper)
Do you want to explore Usher, or release the Ghost of the man berried in Poe’s Cask of M (but then what will happen to the decedents of M when the ghost is freed)
Do you want to have to track down the source of Annabelle’s doll
Do you want to explore the North looking for a way to save an area for the Ghosts of Dog soldiers
Do you want to stop an American version of Frankenstein as he works on his Monster (or is it his 2nd or 3rd or good lord 4th)
Do you want to hunt down the painter of Dorian’s portrait as he is tempting another into consequence free evil

The list can go on

Each could be (and some already are) idea seeds for a story or 2 as the game goes down the road, but which do you all want to be an overarching structure of the focuses of the stories?

Now don’t give the answer I normally do ‘they all sound good to me, what every you want to run’, because they all sound interesting and would help purge some of my own darkness in 1 way or another (which is the best source for horror). I would gladly run any of them or more, so I need to know what you (as a group of as individuals) want to go through in the horror game.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
maximus
Ulthal
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by maximus »

Lurker wrote:Story 1 - It all starts on a train - is now finished

Well except for 1 lose thread it is , but I'll fix that soon enough :twisted:

You stopped all the major & minor bad events from happening

You stopped the imp(s) in their attempts to spy and cause random mischief - though you did make a big scene on your 3rd encounter with the Imp , & what a scene it was ! :lol:

You helped Masek run his rabbit's race and draw out the Red Death's servants hunting him
You kept ... (you still don't know his name) … from capturing and torturing the information out of Masek.
You made a friend of Capt S and drew him into his 1st step in becoming a hunter himself.
You got the information you need to take the next step closer to your fates as Hunters from Masek.
You spent almost 1 / 2 your attacks in the clearing trying to save him and not only on defending yourselves
Plus, you gave more comfort to Masek in his swan song passing than I planed on.

So, I take it as a nearly perfect success in the story.

Everyone has 1,200 Exp. (I'll post it at the front of the thread too to keep easy track of it as we play)
You each get 1 fate point

***
Mystical item

Fate's / Desire's Compass

With strong emption, or after spending time attuning to it, and thinking about your desire, or a critical moment of fate, you gain information (distance and direction) to the next point of fate you need to travel to, or where the object of your desire is

### ### - info you all do not have on it yet

### ### - more info you don't have on it yet
Great fun so far!

User avatar
maximus
Ulthal
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by maximus »

Lurker wrote:All I keep forgetting to ask.

What do you all want to explore in the Gothic Horror realm?

I have the series of stories put together to get you some experience, get you all linked into the Demon/Ghost/Evil hunter group(s), and get you back to America. However, much more than that, it starts to become an adventure arc with just a layer of horror slapped on top.

True horror has to be a 2 way street, and what I like or want to delve into may not interest or be creepy or be cathartic for any of you all.

I need to know what thing in the horror genre you want to look into as the game progresses.

I know 1 character’s background is tied to fire, another is tied to something his mother did (and then the realization that hardened outlaws can be more than just mortally evil), and one has a history with the dreaded Vampyres, so those are things I can use. But they are things that can be used any different ways depending on the genera of the story

With that, I still need to know the types if horror tropes you want to play through.

Do you all want a haunted house and a need to figure out why the ghost(s) are ghosts and why they are tied to the specific house
Do you want a find and stop Jack the Ripper (and just why is he the Ripper)
Do you want to explore Usher, or release the Ghost of the man berried in Poe’s Cask of M (but then what will happen to the decedents of M when the ghost is freed)
Do you want to have to track down the source of Annabelle’s doll
Do you want to explore the North looking for a way to save an area for the Ghosts of Dog soldiers
Do you want to stop an American version of Frankenstein as he works on his Monster (or is it his 2nd or 3rd or good lord 4th)
Do you want to hunt down the painter of Dorian’s portrait as he is tempting another into consequence free evil

The list can go on

Each could be (and some already are) idea seeds for a story or 2 as the game goes down the road, but which do you all want to be an overarching structure of the focuses of the stories?

Now don’t give the answer I normally do ‘they all sound good to me, what every you want to run’, because they all sound interesting and would help purge some of my own darkness in 1 way or another (which is the best source for horror). I would gladly run any of them or more, so I need to know what you (as a group of as individuals) want to go through in the horror game.
I like the Jack the Ripper path. Vampires are always cool (to kill that is...). With my background, something along the lines of the Mummy would be fun too.

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Rigon »

I could get behind a Ripper arc. I think I'd like to explore the inherent evil in overwhelming goodness (kind of fits with my backstory a little). I think it would be interesting to delve into the atrocities of early US expansion.

The game so far has been great.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
old school gamer
Red Cap
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 am

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by old school gamer »

We still on for tomorrow night?

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Rigon »

old school gamer wrote:We still on for tomorrow night?
As far as I know.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

I'm in lord willing and if the creek doesn't rise.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
maximus
Ulthal
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by maximus »

Hate to do this, but I won't be able to make tonight's game. Just got back from the airport and have too much to catch up on here.

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

Not a problem, I understand.

You only missed someone killing the last living thug as you carried him and Masek to the nearest village.

Then you all headed to Blansko with paperwork provided by Capt S. While he stayed in the village to take care of Masek's body and transporting it to the village - aprox 2 weeks to get the body embalmed and ready for transport and to transport it to Blansko.

You now (Tuesday Afternoon) standing on the hill overlooking te Moravian town of Blansko.

As a side note, we all realized that no one in the group is CHA prime, so boy are you ALL having trouble making friends and allies as you go !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

Got word the OSG may be late this week.

Now, the forecast for NE Ok is calling for a winter storm w ice etc Monday, so my coms may suck or be completely down. So, if it is game time & I'm not here, it will because of that.

If the wx isn't as bad as the weather guessers think, then I'll be here and you can get started on story 2.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Rigon »

I'll be on.
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
old school gamer
Red Cap
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 am

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by old school gamer »

Undomesticated Equines could not keep me away.

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

The freezing drizzle moved out about 2 hours ago, but the winds are still around 15 - 20 mph.

I still have internet connection, but I don't know how it will effect voice on discord.

I will be there and hopefully won't have any issues. We'll see
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Rigon »

Gonna be late. Not sure how long. Don't wait on me.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
old school gamer
Red Cap
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 am

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by old school gamer »

How much longer?

User avatar
old school gamer
Red Cap
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 am

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by old school gamer »

Possible player wanted to know how do you expect to be running this campaign?

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Rigon »

Hey, sorry I didn't make it last night. The Mrs came home with a sore throat and a slight fever. She wanted me to take care of her. I had intended to play, but fell asleep cuddling with her. I'll choose her over you bums every time. ;)

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:Hey, sorry I didn't make it last night. The Mrs came home with a sore throat and a slight fever. She wanted me to take care of her. I had intended to play, but fell asleep cuddling with her. I'll choose her over you bums every time. ;)

R-
Is it because of my beard ? :D

Rgr I completely understand , cuddling with the wife is always better than talking with a group of ole grumpy dudes over the internet any time.

You all made it to the village no issues, after some time, and issues with not speaking any local language, you all found the fiancee the sister and the Dr. eventually you all were able to tel them of his passing and then tell the whole family

You have been invited to stay till the body is delivered. In about 8 days or so.

You talked with the local church leadership - but we held off on that until you can play for the role playing aspect of it -
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Rigon »

Hey, next week is production week. I will most likely not be on. If, by some miracle, I get home before midnight, I'll get on.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

Rgr.

I'll put a pin in the 2 or 3 things that are critical for your character and the local churches.

You all will be in the town for at least 2 or 3 more sessions, so it may be a little time warp to get the role playing events in for our character at once, but it won't be an issue with you missing for production week
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

Huston, we had a problem ...

We have someone else that would like to join our little band. However, no matter what I try, I can't get the AA book to go through to him so he has the character classes etc

If someone can get it to him his address is

sijoy2k5 at yahoo dot com
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Rigon »

I'll upload them to my Google drive and then share the link with you.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

Rgr thanks I'll pass it to him

Now guys, I hate to do this … I feel like dog poo … my sinuses are killing me and I can hardly talk because my throat is so scratchy.

With that I will have to miss tonight.

sorry !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

El_Sijo
Henchman
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by El_Sijo »

Greetings everyone! I'm Wilfredo "El Sijo" Martinez, semi-pro RPG writer from Puerto Rico, some of you might know me from the Basic Action Super Heroes Facebook page or seen me in recent Babies with Knives videos. In fact, it was in the BwK discord server that I was invited to this game. Actually I joined under the impression it was going to be a Castles & Crusaders one, but hey, never tried Amazing Adventures before, so why not?

The problem is that I received the books only today and I've been insanely busy so I haven't been able to make a character yet. I'm working on it right now, any help is appreciated. I'm making an Arcanist.

Also, I have yet to receive a Discord invite?

Anyway, I hope I can join you tonight.

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

Welcom to the game and welcome to the boards !

I just sent you a PM with a link and an invite to Discord.

Sorry I won't make the game tonight. I hate to canx it, esp with you wanting to start. However, I can hardly talk so that would make running it tonight a little difficult .
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
old school gamer
Red Cap
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 am

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by old school gamer »

So the new guy got the document but hasn't had time to make a character. I directed him to the Amazing Adventures facebook page. It has the example characters at first level. He picked the Arcanist.

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3961
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Monday night Ne’er Do Wells Siege Masque of the Red Deat

Post by Lurker »

My girl's soccer tournament is over, and thus far I still have a voice left and my sinuses are no worse than they normally are.

So, unless something happens, that I'm not expecting, the game should be a go for the 25th.

We have a new character to introduce, have role playing for key people in the village, don't forget Doyle's dream, and then ... well you'll see.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Post Reply