Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Post Reply
User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Some of the titles on the shelf at the athenaeum at Fountains Abbey:

Encyclopedia Magica
Palace of the Silver Princess – Jean Wells
Codex Nordica
Jack and the Beanstalk
The Lost City of Greyhawk – Monsieur Ernst Gygax
Dummies guide to eating blowfish
Castles & Crusades – freres Chenault
Beowolf
Enter the Dragon – Lee Jun-fan
Deities and Demigods
Mortality of Green
Fields of Battle – Casey Christofferson
The Free City of Helsingborg – Count Rhuvein
Rising Knight
Prose Edda
Fencing made easy – Cedric T. Underpoole
Saga of Old City
Field guide to sketching birds of prey - Jaybird
Lejendary Adventures
Treasures of the Blacktooth Ridge
Ars arcana
Tourists Guide to the Barrier Peaks
Macbeth – The Bard
Norse Mythology
Castle Zagyg: The Deep Cellers
Miasmal Dragons of Aihrde
The Complete Book of Ninjas
How to find precious gems – Laroo Spugnar
Mythus Magic
The Haunted Highlands – Dirty Bowbie
Cowboy Cooking
Sightseeing in Morovia
Robots of Dawn – Isaac Asimov
The Adventures of Bailey Quarters
Mystic Enclave - Aristobulus
Field Guide to Rough Legged Buzzards
Monsters & Treasures of Jord – Serleran
There and Back Again – J.R.R. Tolkien
Taxidermy on owlbears
Tome of Magical Beasts
Dressing for success - Murlynd
Sorcerer’s Grimoire
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Whilst the adventurers rest and recover in the Shire of Knobhill, the town crier Mortimer makes his rounds in the morning!

It is announced that news from the mainland has arrived.

"The Lady Olivia, Princess of Dania has been captured and held by Duke Orsino of Malbrook! It is believed that the Princess may be locked in Morlock's Watchtower which sits atop the Black Forest Citadel in the nearby Dark Mountains.

A white dragon has been seen patrolling the area around the tower. King Magnus the IV's army is preparing to make the crossing from Svendborg by longboats through Freya's fjords and then on to the mainland. His plan is to march upon the capital Argyle!"
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Penny-Whistle
Ulthal
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Thanks again for the warm welcome from everyone. Really love all the details you have woven into this story, Rhuvein. It is a treat to play with experienced players since I am not always entirely sure what to do. What a shame we didn't record the farcical exchange between the orcs and Elderberry. I loved how you misunderstood his use of Goblin at strategic points. Very funny. And I do wish I had recorded Norik's inspiring speech. Not to get too philosophical but I suppose it is those moments of spontaneity and surprise that make the game so much fun to play. A bit like sand paintings ... here now and then gone forever.

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Well said, Ms Penny Whistle!

And we're glad to have you gaming with us. You do a great job.

I enjoy having women playing as I haven't had that many in my games.

My daughter about 10 years ago when I started with C&C played with my group for about 2 years. My wife tried at that time and lasted about 1 hour! I was surprised as she really likes boardgames.

I've gamed with Treebore's daughter both online and in person at the TrollCON some years back.

Anyway, women sometimes bring a different outlook/approach to the situations as well as to
the game, IMO!

As for the rest of our group here, all are excellent gamers and role players!

:D
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

ssfsx17 wrote: "If you say so. I'm gonna spy on my half-orc compatriot." With that, Barduris dragged himself out of bed and crawled over to the stables.
And . . if you wish, we can certainly role play this in game if Barduris does indeed want to go to the stables!

8-)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Treebore, can't recall if we mentioned this to you during the last session ~ the party found an amulet of natural armor with the symbol of Boccob on it. And also a ring of protection.
They party thought you could use these items more so than they could.

So, if you accept them ~ your AC jumps to 14!

:P
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Penny . . yes, use the dirk stats for your needles and add a +1 to hit. And, when you throw them ~ they will return after a hit or miss!

:P
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Penny-Whistle
Ulthal
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Rhuvein wrote:Penny . . yes, use the dirk stats for your needles and add a +1 to hit. And, when you throw them ~ they will return after a hit or miss!

:P
Too funny. I was mostly going to use them in case of emergency (stick 'em with the pointy end) but that is a generous boon. Thanks. =)

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Penny-Whistle wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Penny . . yes, use the dirk stats for your needles and add a +1 to hit. And, when you throw them ~ they will return after a hit or miss!

:P
Too funny. I was mostly going to use them in case of emergency (stick 'em with the pointy end) but that is a generous boon. Thanks. =)

You're welcome.

Now Penny just needs to find a knitting center in Scandia! ;)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Game on . . tomorrow night, regular time of 7 PM central!

See you there!!

:D
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl
Posts: 20660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Arizona and St Louis

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:Game on . . tomorrow night, regular time of 7 PM central!

See you there!!

:D
I believe since I am in Dallas until after the Convention, I am on Central time! So see you all at 7 PM!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Game on . . tomorrow night, regular time of 7 PM central!

See you there!!

:D
I believe since I am in Dallas until after the Convention, I am on Central time! So see you all at 7 PM!
Excellent, Tree!
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Server is up! :)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
ssfsx17
Unkbartig
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:00 am
Location: San Francisco Region

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by ssfsx17 »

To the Representative of our Great Morninglord Lathander,

This is the progress report of Norik, Initiate of the Dawn Sun, Aspirant of Creation.

The contracted bodyguard that you have attached to me, Barduris, has been on an interesting journey himself. Apparently he just pledged himself to a silver dragon after his contract his done. He witnessed the birth of a baby alpaca and told me that I should have been there to see it. Barduris seems to be incredibly unsentimental about that kind of thing. Indeed, on further question he admitted that he himself did not want to see it. I did, however, tell him that I would have liked to have been invited to such an event of birth and creation.

I said to an elf that I thought he did something useful. This is totally against my culture, considering that I was raised since birth to have a -1 penalty to reactions with elves. But I did this to show that I appreciate all life and all of creation, regardless of cultural norms that are contrary to the path of Lathander.

Despite being around two other gnomes, I refrained from making fun of the Wendersnaven for a whole day. In this manner, I am starting to purge negativity from my thoughts, instead, focusing upon the positive things that they can contribute to an adventuring party. In fact, it appears that one of the gnomes was able to gain dexterity through sheer wishful thinking upon a well. Perhaps there is something to them after all.

In the name of Lathander,
Norik
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Great stuff, ssfsx17!!

I had created a magic item from Lathander a few days ago ~ it may be time to bestow it after reading your post.

We'll talk next week.

:P
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Session V ~ At the Sorceress' Tower.

Players:

Gringnr as:

Gringnr, the mighty dwarf cleric

Treebore/RMM as:

Aristobulous Falthor, the powerful elf mage

Aergraith's wife as:

Penny-Whistle Scrubroot, the practical and wise gnome cleric

ssfsx17 as:

Norik, the faithful dwarf cleric

and

Barduris, the enigmatic but absolutely fearless half-orc fighter

Aergraith as:

Elderberry Scrubroot, the wildly bold and audacious gnome rogue

Treebore as:

Verthak, the mysterious half-orc ranger

The action:

Gringnr got left behind, but:

Actually, as Gringnr was recently confirmed as a suffragan by his deity ~ he felt compelled to stay another day at the Abbey for additional enlightenment in the ways of being a cleric! He left the following day along with a half-orc ranger find the adventurers.

Verthak joins the party:

when Gringnr finds the group.

A mysterious half-orc ranger arrives in Knobhill along with Gringnr and Aryliss.

Scene in the stables:

As tired and hurt as he was, Barduris wished to seek out Nils. It seems, many things drive the half-orc each day, but perhaps it was his late discussion with Norik that sent him out in the night.

Barduris enters the stables and sees Gaston, Arlyss and Nils gathered around a llama who is struggling with birth. The stable master is there along with a stable boy and several elves who serve under Arlyss.

Nils very deftly assists Sheila, who is Gaston's mount and one of his favorite animal friends ~ and gently pulls out the baby llama. Barduris sees Nils smile for the first time since he has been around him. Nils uses on hand to stroke the mother and with his other he clears the mouth and nasal passages of the babe, who breaths and then cries.

He stands and turns ~ holding the llama very carefully in his huge hands, and then notices
Barduris and says, "come join us. We celebrate a new life"!. Nils shows the baby llama to Gaston, Arlyss, Barduris and all the others, and then lays the babe next to the mother who begins to lick her.

The grotesque, one-eyed, hunch backed ~ limping half-orc seems to move with such effortless grace and perfect poise, that one might think he was suddenly cured of all his afflictions.

Gaston pulls out a precious bottle of Valunan fire amber and pours a small glass for everyone. They toast and share some laughs.

Nils steps away from the main group followed by Barduris, who he senses would like to speak privately.

They discuss recent events and Barduris tells Nils of his contract with Norik. There is talk of deities and patrons. Nils reveals that he is a patron of Lord Argenteus as many are in these lands of Scandia. Barduris considers this and notices that Nils is wearing a silver dragon talisman.

While expressing interest in being a patron, he hesitates to commit due to his agreement with Norik. Nils explains that he can continue in that endeavor and still be a patron to the great dragon lord.

Barduris asks if he could speak with Lord Argenteus. He also asks if Nils has ever met or spoken with Argenteus. Yes, says Nils - once when he was very young and had first come to the Abbey. Nils says that the Lord is away from throne frequently and rarely comes down to the Abbey, but someday Barduris might have a chance to meet the great lord.

Nils takes off his dragon talisman and presents it to Barduris, who bows a bit so that Nils may hang it around Barduris' neck.

They rejoin the others who are fascinated by a story that Gaston is reciting at the moment. Another glass of fire amber for all and they all retire for the evening.

~~~

Early morning, the next day ~ the adventurers meet in the common room for breakfast and tea. Gringnr joins the party and introduces Verthak and gives the group a scroll from the Abbot, Sir Regis. The scroll presents the half-orc ranger and in it, Sir Regis asks if you would be willing to accept Verthak as one of you. He certifies his good alignment.

The group gladly welcomes the ranger and they ask him to sit down with them to eat. All enjoy an excellent hot meal and are glad, as the day begins with dark clouds, rain and cold winds.

~~~

Kobold ambush

As the group pass Mariel's Tower and make the turn north to the barracks, the party is attacked by kobolds. 2 fire arrows from behind and a shaman casts a sound burst. The party gets ready for combat, as three kobolds rush out from behind the bushes. The battle begins with fighting everywhere. The elf mage casts sleep towards where the arrows came from.
A kobold sgt. and another kobold warrior come out of the north bushes to join the battle.
The adventurers prevail and all the kobolds are killed except the sgt. He is tied up and led to the entrance of the dwarven outpost.

Exploration of the dwarven outpost barracks . .

The party sends the tied kobold into the dungeon to scout and report. He moves around but doesn't see any humanoids. The group search the orc leader's room and find a wand and a pair of gloves. Elderberry tries the gloves and finds that they fit and he picks up some of his picks. They feel very comfortable in his grasp as though the gloves make it easier to use his thieve's tools.

The Plantmaster's abandoned garden

Cobra of Iron

They party uses the wand that has a minor charge of cone of cold to freeze the cobra. They slip past the cobra and face the vault door.

Vault

They enter the vault and find a chest. Elberberry attempts to open the chest and it animates and tries to bite him. The chest misses and shuts down to return to its wooden self. Inside the codex is found and taken.

Entering Mariel's Tower.

The party returns to the front of the complex. They dismount and leave their horses with Nils. The half-orc fills the feedbags from the pack mule and hangs one on each horse.

The group make their way to the entrance and unlock the front door. They enter and see a fabulously decorated home and then notice the sorceress standing and watching them from the back wall . . . Mariel!

Illusions

The party makes their way down the stairs from the tower into the underground complex. The floor are made of polished black granite. They see a circle with runes and step into it. Suddenly, a large purple worm explodes out of the floor to northwest of them - shattering the floor blocks and scattering stone ruble all over the place with shards flying everywhere.

Traps

Elderberry moves, perhaps too quickly and without caution to the corridor north and trips a pendulum axe trap that slices him to the core. He starts to spurt blood all over. The party grabs him and staunches the wounds. The bind him tight, but he is unconscious and the group decides to spend the night in the lounge. He is healed up, but cannot move yet.

End of session!

[Outline . . to be fleshed out! ;) ] Complete! 8-)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Btw . . another excellent game!

Everyone is really doing a great job as play testers! I'm learning a lot ~ not only how to perfect this module, but how to do a better job as a CK!

Of course, 'cause y'all are fantastic gamers! :D

Fun role playing and discourse between characters in game (and out)!

Many thanks!

8-)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Session V ~ XP = 270 per character.

Grand total on page 1 of this thread.

Treasure:

40 cps
14 sps
2 gps

5 small short swords
5 small wooden shields
2 small bows
1 wand
1 pair ~ gloves of dexterity

1 rolled parchment in a box - estimated street value 1 trillion platinum pieces

:P
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl
Posts: 20660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Arizona and St Louis

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:Session V ~ XP = 270 per character.

Grand total on page 1 of this thread.

Treasure:



1 rolled parchment in a box - estimated street value 1 trillion platinum pieces

:P
Doesn't that mean we are like 1 Millionth level? :lol:
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Session V ~ XP = 270 per character.

Grand total on page 1 of this thread.

Treasure:



1 rolled parchment in a box - estimated street value 1 trillion platinum pieces

:P
Doesn't that mean we are like 1 Millionth level? :lol:
Haha, in some CK's games mebbe. Not mine. I don't give XP for PPs or treasure, only for finding it.

However, your party could perhaps try to leave Scandia and sell the Codex to the High Prince Silvernius who is contesting Argenteus' claim to the throne.

:twisted:
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Gringnr
Ulthal
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Gringnr »

Having a great time so far, thanks to everyone for having me. Here is some more backstory on my character. I will edit this post with more stats, later, but I'm tired now.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gringnr
Dwarf Cleric
Deity: Mithril, Dwarven God of Treasure and Magic

Level 1
XP: 2128 / 2201

HP: 8/8

AC: 17: scale mail + lg. wooden shield, necklace of protection +2, normal helm (+5 vs. attacks to head)


===stats===

STR: 12(p)
DEX: 10
CON: 13(p)
INT: 7
WIS: 14(p)
CHA: 8


===spells===

(Note: these are the spells most commonly prayed for by Gringnr, I will notify the CK of any changes to this routine)

0 lvl-

Gold Reveal

Detect Magic

First Aid


1st lvl-

Minor Blast


Gringnr is a bit of an enigma to many, and just plain unliked by many others. Because he knows he is is of below average intelligence, he tends to avoid conversation, causing many to see him as aloof or impolite. He is also almost single-mindedly devoted to his deity, which causes others to see him as greedy or conniving. In truth, Gringnr lacks the brains to play at any real guile. He is straightforward, if quiet, and free of pretense. In addition, he is possessed of a simple wisdom beyond his limited intelligence, one that manifests itself in honesty and kindness, even though his religious zeal might cause others to doubt those qualities. Think a Dwarven Forrest Gump, only a little bit smarter and a whole lot greedier.

Sturdy of body if not keen of mind, Gringnr at an early age threw himself headlong into one of the few life paths that did not demand too much of his unimpressive intellect: religion. He is a cleric of the Dwarven god Mithril(from the C&C "of Gods & Monsters" book). Since much of Gringnr's personality is informed by his religion, it may be a good idea to talk about the deity briefly:
Dwarves take a great deal of time thinking about dragons and vast treasures. Eventually all of that speculation turned into a dwarven god that was a dragon concerned with treasure. Mithril, the dragon, is made out of the precious metal and is the example for all good dwarves in collecting and hoarding huge amounts of treasure. When dwarves sacrifice to Mithril, they see their gold and gems vanish and know that the sacrifice is in a place no rogue or giant can ever find. This gives the worshiper great satisfaction. Dwarves are encouraged to fabricate difficult-to-open strongboxes and complex and massive vaults to store their treasures. Even the pouches and backpacks they use are supposed to have traps to stop thefts.
Clerics of Mithril seek treasure above all else, but are of good alignment and do have priorities beyond aqusition of precious metals and gems. Because they seek these things incessantly, however, they are often viewed as greedy and conniving, and their kindness will often be viewed with skepticism.

Clerics of Mithril are forbidden to pay for anything with gold, and their unwillingness to part with it furthers the impression that they are indeed greedy.

Gringnr himself does not question the will of Mithril. Nor does he question his fellow clergy. His devotion to his faith and the reptilian god viewed with suspicion by so many, is absolute, even over his devotion to his race and his tribe. He is convinced that he is working for the greater good, and that the way of Mithril is just and true. He may not entirely understand the requirements of his faith, but rather than question them, he prays for greater understanding. When faced with questions or criticism of his faith, he simply reflects upon the peace and serenity that following the tenets of Mithril have brought him, or upon the good that he has done for others in Mithril's name.

Is Mithril a false god? Is the faith actually a cult of greed that seeks to deceive adherents and unbelievers alike? Are the clergy of Mithril a corrupt cabal, whose sinister secrets are known to but a very few learned elders? Who can say? Certainly not Gringnr. But regardless, he will continue to seek treasure for the Dragon god, and to undertake whatever adventures are necessary to do so, helping any who need it on the way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


See you tomorrow, gang!
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Thanks or posting your char!
Gringnr wrote:Gold Reveal & Minor Blast
Where are these spells from?

Rhu. :)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Game on! 7 PM central time.

:P
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl
Posts: 20660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Arizona and St Louis

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Treebore »

I should be "there" and on time.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

User avatar
Gringnr
Ulthal
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Gringnr »

Rhuvein wrote:Thanks or posting your char!
Gringnr wrote:Gold Reveal & Minor Blast
Where are these spells from?

Rhu. :)
Of Gods & Monsters book.

Gold reveal causes gold to glow with faerie fire. Minor Blast causes 2hp of DAM to the caster, but causes 2d6 DAM to the target, whom the caster muat touch fir the spell to work. It can also be used on traps and chests. Dunno if you want to allow these. They are specific to clerics of Mithril.

G&M also says that magical chests are freely given to clerics of Mithril, which basically act as a bag of holding in chest form. I wanted to run that by you as well.
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

OK, thanks Gringnr.

But, sorry if I wasn't clear somewhere in this thread ~ rules (spells) from the PH only. I have said that players can pick their deities from OG&M (and any other book).

Rhu. :)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Treebore wrote:I should be "there" and on time.
Great, see you and everyone else in about 30 minutes!

8-)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Gringnr
Ulthal
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Gringnr »

Rhuvein wrote:OK, thanks Gringnr.

But, sorry if I wasn't clear somewhere in this thread ~ rules (spells) from the PH only. I have said that players can pick their deities from OG&M (and any other book).

Rhu. :)
D'oh! I will reselect lol.
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10798
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by Rhuvein »

Gringnr wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:OK, thanks Gringnr.

But, sorry if I wasn't clear somewhere in this thread ~ rules (spells) from the PH only. I have said that players can pick their deities from OG&M (and any other book).

Rhu. :)
D'oh! I will reselect lol.
No problemo, thanks!
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
ssfsx17
Unkbartig
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:00 am
Location: San Francisco Region

Re: Rhu's Sunday night Silver Dragon play test

Post by ssfsx17 »

Interesting session - it definitely felt like classic old-school D&D, where we probably should have invested in a plentiful supply of 0th-level hirelings.

Norik is mad about losing almost all of his gear, and being teased with a chance to fight against a servant of Llolth.

Barduris is simply glad that the gods have spared him from turning into a Yellow Mold Colony. Since he didn't suffer from the rust monsters, and has no cultural values of hating Llolth, he's not sure what Norik is so angry about.
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

Post Reply