Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:I have to train a Veteran in Tucson tomorrow, so it is best to plan on Rigon running his game. Then do mine next week, or keep to the Schedule and run Rigon's two weeks in a row. We can discuss that when I make tonights game late, or in this thread before next week.
I know we discussed it last week, but I will not be able to run my game this week. I am going to a "school's out" picnic for staff at a friend's house this afternoon and will be in no shape to run a game. ;)

R-
Ooooh! Thats right! I'll just have to be home on time. Fingers crossed!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

Not sure if we are playing tonight but I will be about 45 min late.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I think I said it on SKYPE when I posted about 34 minutes after our usual start time, but my schedule should hold solid for the foreseeable future. So we should have a few weeks of regular gaming, and if we are real lucky maybe even a few months!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Sorry if I missed a game. Worked Sun night and Mon morning and wigged out early last night! :oops:

[I hate work!!] :x

Just kidding, work it good except when it interferes with gaming! :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm going to the hospital. If it is what I suspect it is I will be admitted and undergoing surgery. If so I won't be up to gaming for a few weeks. If I am lucky I'll be better by tomorrow. I don't think I am going to be lucky.

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

Hope everything is alright.
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I'm going to the hospital. If it is what I suspect it is I will be admitted and undergoing surgery. If so I won't be up to gaming for a few weeks. If I am lucky I'll be better by tomorrow. I don't think I am going to be lucky.
Get better man.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I got lucky! No surgery! At least not today. I just have to be careful, etc... and hopefully I'll be lucky enough to not need a surgery any time soon. So just 7+ hours in the ER, and I am now home.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I got lucky! No surgery! At least not today. I just have to be careful, etc... and hopefully I'll be lucky enough to not need a surgery any time soon. So just 7+ hours in the ER, and I am now home.
Good news, man!

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have the Slavelords reprint. With the new adventure. When I read it I will see if I can figure out a way to level it up and fit it in to our current game. I figure you all would rather play it now, while it really fits, rather than put it off and possibly never get a chance again.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Tree, I might not make the game. I have to replace my hotwater heater and with the going out of town today, and work tomorrow, The only time I'll have to install it will be tomorrow evening.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have to run out and take my daughter to stay at a friends house for the week, then stop and help out a friend, so I should be back in time to run the game!

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

Sorry cant make the game tonight. Idiots cut my Internet by accident and won't be here until tomorrow to hook back up. :cry: See you next week...I hope.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Game was cancelled, only 3 showed up, plus I was 20 minutes late.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Its my game this week! Only potential problem is I have a pre surgery Doctors appointment up in Tucson, 2 hour drive in EACH direction. As long as its a normal appointment, I should be home with over a half hour to spare. If they decide to do an ultra sound or some other extra thing, I won't make it. So if I am not here and ready to go by 15 after the game is cancelled. I should be on right at game time.

If the new guy reads this, create your stats, get race and class decided and sign on early. If I am home when I expect to be, we'll have time to put your character together. Otherwise you can listen in and see how things work. Playing nwelte's character before he leaves is a possibility.

Edit: Forgot to say, as far as I know, its going to be Gall Stone Surgery, but I have not been told anything officially as of yet. They just called me out of the blue to schedule a "Pre Surgery Appointment". So from what I know, it should be Gall Stone Surgery. Only a pre op appointment, no idea when the surgery will be.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I should be able to make it.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

I can make today's game but then I'm on holidays for two weeks. So I won't make the games on the 15th and 22nd. I'm good to go after that.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My Dad won't be able to make it on time, as the hospital has taken longer than he thought he would. However he should be there about 45 minutes later than starting time. So if you guys wanna game at that time he will be up to it.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Thanks, P, B or R ~ PBR*

If I'm not passed out, I will check in later!

:D

*Pabst Blue Ribbon

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'm probably not going to make it at all. Sorry guys.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

BTW, I will be having surgery. I apparently have a hernia that is about 3 inches in diameter. Its not an emergency, so right now I get to choose when I have the surgery. I am thinking after we get back from Europe. Assuming the decision doesn't get taken out of my hands before then.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Ran a game for Rhu and Arrowhawk. Had them returning to the town you guys are staying in right now, from a holy rite to Thor they held a few miles outside of town. It involved thunder and lightning so they went out where it would scare as few people as possible. When returning they came across a farm near a river. The farm was in flames, livestock was all slaughtered. As they arrived on scene they saw the Raiders loading on to a pair of row boats, and start to head down river to the ocean. They decided cutting back to the road and over to the river was the best course, and it was, because from the bridge down towards the ocean the river bank area was very open and clear ( I rolled an 01 to determine just how clear it was, so was essentially grass fields.)

They caught up to the boats and saw, while keeping pace with them, that they had 7 captives, 4 of which looked to be children in the front/first of the two boats. 3 adult looking people were in the second boat. Demko and Malcolm then raced their tiring horses ahead, buying themselves enough time to cast several spells on each other and themselves. (Protection From Evil, Divine Armor, Bless, and Prayer).

As the boats closed the final 50 feet Malcolm finished his Prayer and combat ensued! The bad guys beat Demko and Malcolm on initiative. (They both rolled a 2), so a Dwarven Cleric cast Hold Person at Malcolm, who rolled a Nat 1, being held for the next 6 rounds. The enemy mage cast a fireball, which burned the helpless Malcolm for a full 23 HP, while Demko was able to avoid half of it, but failed to get completely underwater to avoid all of it. Which was good, because he needed to stay on his horse to execute his plan anyways. Many crossbow bolts and arrows were fired at Demko and Malcolm, but most missed, with a Bolt hitting Demko and Malcolm taking an arrow. A "thief type" looking human threw a dagger at Malcolm, not even realizing Malcolm was held, and easily struck Malcolm with his poisoned blade. Malcolm rolled yet ANOTHER Nat "1" versus the poison, so would suffer a -4 to all Mental Attribute Checks and Saves, while also suffering Hallucinations.

Now that the boat was upon Demko, who was in the middle of the river, while Malcolm was staying closer to the bank, Demko then made a CL 6 Dex check to leap from his horse and into the boat, landing with a mighty blow to the bottom of the row boats hull, cracking it wide open (I rolled a Nat 1 for the row boats save) and having lots of water start pouring in (I determined the boat would sink and hit bottom by the end of the third round).

The second boat came up alongside the first and two of its Fighters held the two boats together while the others prepared to jump from one boat to the other. A female, who looked to be a Druid was looking at Malcolm.

Next round, the female from the second boat jumped out of the boat, waded over to Malcolm and his horse, and climbed up behind the held Malcolm. Back on the boat the fighters in the second boat held their positions, fully expecting their compatriots to easily handle the boarder in the other boat. The Cleric pulled back and cast Divine Armor on himself. The thief type moved in on Demko along with 12 of the 13 Fighters on his boat, with Demko holding his ground. They laid into Demko but only a couple of hits landed, since Demko's armor and divine spells deflected most. The wizard hit Demko with 15 points worth of Magic Missiles.

Demko responded with my house ruled Mass Combat Dominance for the Fighter. Which allowed him to cut down 7 of the 11 Fighters surrounding him and badly wounding the Thief, as well as badly wounding the 4 who remained standing, with only 1 or 2 HP left to each of them. (Demko kept hitting for 15 or more damage versus most of them, including two crits!)

Then it went back to the Slavers turns. The Druid began removing Malcolms Full Plate Helm, having it completely off of him by the end of the round. The Wizard cast Charm at Demko, not knowing that Demko had Protection From Evil on himself, and Demko saved anyways, so was unaffected (Demko did burn his second Hero point here). The Slaver priest cast Bless so that mostly the warriors in the second boat were affected, as they began carefully crossing from their boat into his rapidly sinking boat. The thief and the remaining 5 warriors tried to take Demko down and failed. Demko paid them back by taking down all but the warrior who had stepped up, but severely hurt him.

The next round the warriors moved up to surround Demko again while the Slaver priest cast Command on Demko, who rolled a Nat "1" against it! So Demko fell asleep as he was commanded. The Druidess was disappointed, because she was just about to tell Demko to surrender or she would slit his friends throat like he was a sacrificial goat.

The Cleric then ordered his Fighters to slay the helpless bastard! So they started striking Demko, with the first blow waking Demko to his beating, with swords. Enough of them hit Demko for enough damage to take Demko down to exactly ZERO HP. I told the player how he was just barely conscious, so his only action this round HAD to be to heal himself, or go down in defeat. So he healed himself for 19 HP with a spell and got to his feet.

The shocked Druidess then told Demko to surrender or else the goat would be slaughtered.

Demko then said, "Go ahead. Then I will kill the rest of you just like I have killed those of you already dead. Run, and I will let you live."

I then thought about it, and how many Demko had already killed, and how he had just got the crap pounded out of him and STILL got back up, so gave Demko a +4 to his HD for his intimidation CL that he was giving all the Slavers. So the Slavers had a CL 12 to beat in order to not run away in terror of Demko. I rolled for the Fighters first. They ALL failed and turned to run. The Druidess failed, so she decided to run instead of slit Malcolms throat, because she most certainly did not want a man who could take on and do what Demko did chasing after her! The Cleric and Wizard also decided that the smart thing to do at this point was to run as well, so did.

So as the boat finished sinking with the children acting like inch worms trying to use the sides of the boat to keep their heads above water, Demko stood battered, bloody, burnt, but victorious! Even Malcolm was still alive and on his horse! Demko then started cutting the ropes off of the children before they drowned. Since all had grown up on the river, they all knew how to swim once he cut them free. After cutting the first two free Malcolm broke free of the hold on him, and went after the second boat which was moving unguided down the river. Being on his horse he quickly did so and guided the boat to the bank, freeing the 3 adults.

They then found out that the grand parents, parents of the father, were left alive, tied up and gagged, in their burning home, because they were too old to be sold as slaves. Yet the 4 children, their parents, and their Uncle, brother to their mother, were now saved from a life of slavery. The session ends with our heroes riding the rest of the way home to join their friends and compatriots.

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

I think before we ride home, I would rather chase down one of the ones in charge for questioning!!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

ArrowHawk wrote:I think before we ride home, I would rather chase down one of the ones in charge for questioning!!

We'll have to see who is there next session.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
ArrowHawk wrote:I think before we ride home, I would rather chase down one of the ones in charge for questioning!!

I should be there, I just had something come up last minute that needed my attention. Plus, I was still exhausted from the late nights and long days of working security and tear down for 3 concerts.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

I should be there, I just had something come up last minute that needed my attention. Plus, I was still exhausted from the late nights and long days of working security and tear down for 3 concerts.

R-

Next session is your game. Arrowhawk is on vacation for the next two weeks, so doesn't expect to game. So he won't make either of our next sessions. Assuming we stick to schedule.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

R-

Next session is your game. Arrowhawk is on vacation for the next two weeks, so doesn't expect to game. So he won't make either of our next sessions. Assuming we stick to schedule.
Thanks for the heads up on Arrow.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Not sure if I'll make the game tonight. Air-con is on the fritz and it's 90 degrees in the compy room. Doesn't look like the air-con man will get here tonight and so far it hasn't been cooling off for the evening yet. Dammit. :?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Hey guys, Tree emailed me this morning to let me know that he is on vacation and the internet at his hotel really sucks, so he will not be able to run his game today or play if we decide to play my game; which I am willing to run if we have enough guys show up.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Finally home. Sorry I couldn't run the game this week. The resort we went to had the crappiest wi fi I have ever had the severe displeasure of dealing with. I wasn't even supposed to go on this "vacation", my eldest son and his GF were supposed to. Then his GF had last minute family problems, so since we couldn't cancel, my wife and two other kids, and I did instead.