Forgotten Realms: Ruins of Myth Drannor COMPLETED

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Forgotten Realms: Ruins of Myth Drannor

Post by LordSeurek »

In case you guys don't notice the current XP totals on the first page, here is a brief look:

Ethrinn:246322 XP: 246322/255000 Wizard (13) ECL = 13

Don, you need 8678 xp for Wizard 14

Nazir: 278511 xp: 96875/132000 Ranger (11) & 89656/132000 Marksmen (11) & 89961/ 106000 Assassin (12) ECL = 14

Marc, you need 48117 xp to level up in Assassin (48117/3 = 16039 + 89961 = 10600) and ECL = 15 (ALOT more to reach another level in Ranger or Marksmen)

Bartholomew Bittlebarrow: 170695 XP: 170695/176000 Cleric (12) ECL = 12

Matt, you need 5305 xp more for Cleric 13 (and access to 7th level spells!! )

Bull: 176434 XP:176434/180000 (12) ECL = 12

Brad, Bull needs 3566 xp for Fighter 13

Threston: 209630 XP: 209630/ 237000 (13) ECL = 13

Josh, you need 27370 xp for Fighter 14

And for the NPC's........

Quamara: 112509 XP : 112509 / 127000 Cleric (11) ECL = 11

Quamara needs 14491 xp for Cleric 12

Lubok: 137772 XP : 137772 / 180000 Fighter (12) ECL = 12

Lubok needs 42228 xp for Fighter 13

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Since different schools of magic are not in c&c, to remind you all what the meaning of the auras list on the above items here is a description of each:

1. Abjuration: Spells that protect, block, or banish.

2. Conjuration: Spells that bring creatures or materials to the caster.

3. Divination: Spells that reveal information.

4. Enchantment: Spells that imbue the recipient with some property or grant the caster power over another being.

5. Evocation: Spells that manipulate energy or create something from nothing.

6. Illusion: Spells that alter perception or create false images.

7. Necromancy: Spells that manipulate, create, or destroy life or life force.

8. Transmutation: Spells that transform the recipient physically or change its properties in a more subtle way.

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

The 'maybe' last session will not go as planned on Tuesday due to Donny not being available and Marc traveling.

Please check facebook message (figuring that is where people would see the message first) and reply on FB to keep it all together.

Thanks, L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Looking more like the game will be a go tonight. Marc is gonna check the hotel and see if he can host maptool. Nobody else is able to, so you may all need to close your eyes and imagine as I pulverize you all, lol.

Probably will be the last session. Lets make a great one :)

I'm on SKYPE now, msg me if there are any problems.

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

ReAd Facebook all. Game will start when DOnny gets on around 9 EST. I'll be on around then as well.
Skype will be up on my end, will chat when I get home.
Talk to you all in a few hours.

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Good game guys. Looks like we will have to wait til next week for the end of the game :) L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Just a reminder that the last gaming session for my game will be on Tuesday. Everyone chime in if you don't think you can make it so we can find a day that is good for everyone.

L.S.

yzarCritS
Red Cap

Post by yzarCritS »

It's looking like I'll be flying to the west coast Tuesday evening. Likely means I won't get to my hotel till around 11pm EST. I can probably pull off Wednesday by playing from my hotel room after work.

Matt

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

yzarCritS wrote:It's looking like I'll be flying to the west coast Tuesday evening. Likely means I won't get to my hotel till around 11pm EST. I can probably pull off Wednesday by playing from my hotel room after work.

Matt
OK. Lets try for Wednesday. Anyone have any problems with Wednesday? Speak up gents....

yzarCritS
Red Cap

Post by yzarCritS »

Rob,

I ended up booking an earlier flight for tomorrow, so if Tuesday works better I can probably make it barring a flight delay. Sorry for the confusion.

Matt

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

yzarCritS wrote:Rob,

I ended up booking an earlier flight for tomorrow, so if Tuesday works better I can probably make it barring a flight delay. Sorry for the confusion.

Matt
Tuesday is better for me. No worries Matt.

Session 74 will be on Tuesday. Will try and start it @ 8EST, but my wife is gone for a week, so I'll be concentrating on getting her settled in bed before I can game. I'll have Skype up before hand.

Marc, I have 1 more area that needs to be placed. Doing it on my copy of the campaign file, so will SKYPE it to you tomorrow.

L.S.

Damage-Devil
Hlobane Orc

Post by Damage-Devil »

Are we playing tonight or tomorrow?

Damage-Devil
Hlobane Orc

Post by Damage-Devil »

ignore last post, I should be on @ 8 or so

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Name: Threston
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 189 lbs.
Class: Fighter
Level: 13
XP: 182,000
HP: 137/137 (15, 9, 13, 7, 15, 10, 12, 7, 11, 11, 9, 9, 9)
BtH: +13
AC: 27 (23 without Shield)

ATTRIBUTES
Str 18* (6) (raised by 1)
Dex 16* (raised by 2)
Con 22* (raised by 1 and 4 from Amulet)
Int 11
Wis 12
Cha 10

Special Abilities:
Weapon Specialization (Bastard Sword) = +3 to hit/damage
Combat Dominance = 4 additional attacks per round against opponents of HD type D6 or less
Extra Attacks = Three attacks per round

Weapons:
Bastard Sword +4
Composite Long Bow +3
Arrow +1 x29 (-4)

Armor:
Full Plate +4
Shield +2

Magical Items:
Amulet of Health +4
Cloak of Resistance +4
Potion of Heal x3
Ring of Freedom of Movement
Ring of X-Ray Vision

Equipment:
Backpack
Winter blanket
Canteen (.5 gallon)
Chalk x4
Flint and steel
Mirror, small steel
Quiver, score x2
Rations, 1week
Rope, Silk 50 feet
Sack, large x2
Sack, small
Torch x5
Whistle
Wolvesbane x2

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Forgotten Realms: Ruins of Myth Drannor COMPLETED

Post by LordSeurek »

Good ending guys. Will post my thoughts and some end of game material over the next few days.

Went back and checked Matt. This game started Nov 19/2008 (a little over 2 years, wow :)

Hopefully talk to you all soon!

L.S.

Damage-Devil
Hlobane Orc

Post by Damage-Devil »

Rob can you post that info from last night, magic items, XP etc.?

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Damage-Devil wrote:Rob can you post that info from last night, magic items, XP etc.?

Working on it....

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Well I finally get back to civilization and get my feet under me and you all finish the game ... ;)

Hope it all went well (and the temple of luck is finally finished).

Is there any pick up game or open spot I can jump into off and on for a bit? I still need to study for my teacher's certification tests but can afford to take a night of to game once a week or so. The weekends and Thursday are tied up but Monday - Wednesday are good to go.

Unfortunately, I will be going back and forth to OK to take the tests, and do all the final things to retire and move back home for good so there will be a week or 2 here and there where I'll be gone. Plus once I move back to OK, I'll be busy building my dream home, so my gaming won't be long term for now. So, ... if I'll be taking a seat from someone that wants it and will be around for the long hall, I'll gladly step aside, but I AM Jonesing to game!!!

Hope you all have a good weekend

Les
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Great to hear from ya Les. Yeah, we finished up the game last Tuesday. Still tying up a few loose ends on my end here before posting the summary for the guys.

You must know that the Temple in DaggerFalls has been completed, and at the end of the game last week, Alvar made an appearance along with Durbur and Ektor (from the 1st FR game 3 years ago, a cameo if you will).

As for a new game, I think one of the guys may be starting something up, perhaps as early as next week, or the week after. We talked about it a little after my game ended Tuesday past.

I don't have any details on it yet, not sure who is running and when, but keep your eyes on the forum. If I can speak for the next CK, I am sure you are more than welcome. Whenever it starts, I am pretty sure we are gonna stick to the Tuesday time slot. If any info gets send around, I'll keep you in the loop.

Take care, and hopefully we can game together real soon!

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

I know I should be finishing up this recap guys, but was doing a little reading on my next campaign, which looks to be more fun than the last. Not sure if it will be placed in Faerun, may keep it under the setting suggested in the 3 books, but it will be c&c'ized.

My house rules need revamping, and I won't start that process until after I receive the CKG. It shipped and should be here in the next 3-9 years, depending on customs. Looking forward (as most Crusaders) to delving into the CK Guide.

Anywho, I hope whomever is running next, Josh? Don? Marc? will be setting it up so we can all game soon (next week??? :) )

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

The PC thread is updated as for the XP for each PC. Check it to make sure the hit points and attribute scores, Bth etc is all correct.

Everyone gained a level except for Lubok. Matt, since you and Bull took part of the three sacrements, you both earned an extra 5000 xp each. This puts you up to Level 14 (so you gained 2 levels in total.)

People can roll their hit points and tell me any other changes so I can make the final posting before I save it to my documents.

Brad, I rolled for Bull and updated him. I selected your reward item as well as you will see later. Can send the PC doc whenever you want it.

The summary is coming some time tonight.

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

The party began the adventure on 13 Eleasis, 1373 DR The Year of the Dragon in DaggerFalls. After 9 months on the road, they finally obtained the 4th and final Kiira Stone. The Knights of Myth Drannor waiting for the group outside the cave entrance in Myth Drannor, led by Elcer, lead the party outside the wild magics of Drannor and teleported everyone back to Serith the Mage's lab in Lubok's abode.

The following where in attendance:

Final Party members: Ehtrinn, Nazir, Bart, Threston and Bull.

Knights of Myth Drannor: Elcer, Florin, Doust, Jhessail, Jelde, and Dove

Previous Party Members: Durbur, Alvar, Ektor, Nerneth, Camille, Syryn, Talsaan and Vren

Companions of the Hall: Lubok, Quamarra, Freena, Kregen and Serith

Other: Lord Randal Morn, Lady Alustriel, Vardon Dark and Jezz the Lame

After many thanks laid upon the the group, Serith confirms the gem presented by Nazir as the last kiira stone. He also notes that the gem may be flawed as some of its power is drained (thanks to Lytaros Fel using it to teleport back 700 years) Alustriel feels it won't matter as only a portion of the power in the 4th is needed after the first 3 are used.

The present date in DaggerFalls upon the groups arrival is 2 Mirthul. Its spring time in Faerun. The group are all offered 1 magic item as a reward for their efforts (see below).

The party remain in DaggerFalls for the next 4 months, until 25 Eleint, 1374 DR The Year of Lightning Storms. on the 24th, Serith gathers you all in his lab where he has a mass teleport spell ready to go, bringing you to Silverymoon; the ancient elven home of Alustriel. The conjuring of the new mythal is in its final stages and you are all honored guests to witness history being made. And it is. Successfully forcing out any evil that was within, hedging those of the ill taint away from the lands, just as the mythal around Drannor once did.

People go on their own paths.

Time will tell whether the Mythal will hold.

In the mean time, from the Spring when you all arrived back to DaggerFalls to the Fall, several events occur:

1. Mirtul 13: Lady Sarya Dlardrageth, matron of House Dlardrageth, summons Malkizid [–30000], an exiled archdevil, to Myth Drannor.

2. Mirtul 19: Araevin Teshurr and his adventuring companions uncover the portal network Sarya used to move her army from the ruins of Myth Glaurach, her bastion near the High Forest, to Myth Drannor.

3. Mirtul 24: Lord Seiveril Miritar of Elion, leader of the Crusade from Evermeet that rescued Evereska, convenes a Council of War in the ruins of Myth Glaurach [1372]. The commanders of the Crusade agree to travel by way of the portal network discovered by Araevin to Semberholme [619] in hopes of defeating House Dlardrageth once and for all.

4. Kythorn 1: The Crusade marches north toward Mistledale and Shadowdale.

5. Kythorn 4: House Dlardrageth establishes an alliance with Hillsfar [1370] and Sembia. Hillsfar begins mustering an army to send south down the Moonsea Ride to Mistledale and Battledale. Sembia recruits a mercenary army to send north along Rauthauvyr’s Road through Featherdale and Tasseldale.

6, Kythorn 12: Hillsfar allies with Zhentil Keep. The Black Network agrees to
invade Daggerdale and Shadowdale.

**** Kregan, leader of the militia is killed, his head impaled on a spear in from of Morn's home. Freena is kidnapped and her whereabouts are unknown. Morn pleads with you all to stay out of it. Serith, Quamara, and Lubok head out in search of the their fellow companion.

7. Kythorn 21: Hillsfar reneges on its alliance with House Dlardrageth.

8. 1374 Flamerule 3: House Dlardrageth breaks Hillsfar’s army at the Standing Stone, forcing it to flee back to Hillsfar. Sembia’s army begins to dissolve under repeated assault by the legions of House Dlardrageth.

9. Flamerule 21: House Dlardrageth destroys the Standing Stone and allies with House Jaelre.

10. Midsummer: Sunlord Daelegoth Orndeir, leader of the Risen Sun heresy, calls his faithful to Elversult to witness the first sign of Amaunator’s ascension. The sunlord then casts Amaunator’s eternal sun, which brings forth a second sun that never sets over the city of Elversult. Word spreads quickly across Faerûn, and would-be converts begin showing up at the doors of the Morninglord’s temples, seeking to convert to the “church of Amaunator.”

11. Eleasias 6: Zhentil Keeps army crushes the Hillsfar garrison at Yûlash.

12. Eleasias 10: The Zhentilar invade Hillsfar’s western territories.

13. Eleasias 11: The Crusade allies with Sembia against House Dlardrageth.

14. Eleasias 17: The Crusade battles the legions of House Dlardrageth in the
Vale of Lost Voices. The Zhentilar besiege Hillsfar. Fzoul issues his terms to
Hardil Gearas, High Warden of Hillsfar.

15. Eleasias 18: Malkizid is banished. House Dlardrageth retreats from the Vale of Lost Voices. Hillsfar capitulates to the army of Zhentil Keep.

16. Eleasias 20: The Crusade surrounds Myth Drannor.

17. Eleasias 22: The Crusade overruns Myth Drannor, and House Dlardrageth
falls. A handful of fey’ri escape. Seiveril Miritar is slain.

*** Freena is freed from the clutches of the Zhents by her companions, they return to DaggerFalls.

18. Eleasias 27: Fzoul Chembryl meets in secret with Jezz the Lame of House Jaelre and representatives of the Auzkovyn Clan. The three groups agree to work in concert to destroy the Fair Folk before they can truly reestablish Myth Drannor.

19. Eleasias 29: Fzoul Chembryl orders Scyllua Darkhope to seize control of
the Moonsea Ride by establishing a series of fortifications along the road
south from Hillsfar.

20. 1374 Eleint 3: Skirmishes erupt along the Moonsea Ride between the Zhentarim and Myth Drannor. Masked drow support the Black Network with targeted assassinations. This marks the beginning of the Cormanthor War, pitting the Army of Myth Drannor against the Army of Darkhope and the Masked Brigades (Vhaeraun-worshiping drow of House Jaelre and the Auzkovyn Clan). In the months that follow, a series of increasingly deadly raids and counter-raids are mounted by each side.

21. Elient 6: Adventurers in service of Mystra root out a false temple to the goddess in Wheloon, Cormyr. Their investigations reveal that followers of both Shar and Cyric [1373] are using the temple as a front to kidnap spellcasters and bring them into the Vast Swamp.

22. Eleint 12: Storm Silverhand [1372], Dove Falconhand [762], ELRCER, and the rest of the Knights of Myth Drannor [1348] arrive in Myth Drannor to aid in its defense. Within hours they are engaged in a series of hit-and-run battles with drow skirmishers in the forests to the east.

23. Elient 13: The adventurers who revealed the false temple to Mystra in Wheloon return from the Vast Swamp with some of the kidnapped spellcasters. In their possession they have an unfinished letter purportedly discovered in the Plane of Shadow. This letter alludes to the Book of the Black [684], a secret of the Sharrans, and includes a scrap of paper with an alternative Roll of Years known to Sharrans as the Black Chronology. The significance of this discovery goes largely unnoticed even as the Sharrans muster their resources to fulfill the events prophesied in the Book of the Black.

*** As you can see, there is an all out war in the Dalelands. You have not entered the frey and have left in the powers that be in the area. Morn insists this is a fight for others and bids you farewell as you leave for Silverymoon.

The following XP was awarded as follows:

Bart: 65,000 xp
Nazir, Ethrinn, and Threston: 60,000 xp
Bull: 35,000 xp
Lubok and Quamarra: 15,000

Each of the following items were taken by each PC:

1. Ethrinn: Boots of Temporal Acceleration: Once per day, you can enter another time frame for 2 rounds, speeding up so greatly that all other creatures seem frozen, though they are actually moving at normal speed. Other creatures are normally immune to your attacks, powers, or spells, but if you create an area effect that lasts longer than 2 rounds, that effect applies normally once the duration of the item’s effect expires. When the duration expires, you resume acting during your current turn in normal
time, but you are shaken for 1 round.

2. Nazir: Medallion of Soul Containment: This amulet is heavily inscribed with symbols of protection and capture, its setting is an emerald of unsurpassed quality. The gem captures your soul if you die. If the gem containing the soul is used as a focus in any raise dead spell, it may be treated as a true resurrect spell, on the original wearer of the amulet. The amulet is destroyed when the wearer is brought back to life. The gem has 40 hit points, and a hardness of 20 and a break CL of 33. If the gem is destroyed while it contains a soul then the life force is released and treated as if slain by death magic regardless of the original cause of death.

3. Bart: Divine Armor of the Faithful: This armor is crafted from only the finest of metals and is then polished to a high shine. These magical suits of armor are full plate +3 and are made for only the most esteemed paladins and clerics. Most often times these suits of armor are decorated with images and symbols of the deity from which it was crafted. Once per day the wearer of this suit of armor is able to call upon their deity for aid in combat as per the spell divine favor, which gives them a +4 to attack and damage. Only worshippers of the deity from which the armor was made can
call upon this special power. Calling upon the favor of ones deity is considered a free action. This armor is also imbued with the function of protection from evil/good, which the character can use at will.

4. Threston: Ring of Whole Body: This ring has an onyx set on a rather plain, silver band. However, it grants the user an enhancement bonus to STR, DEX and CON of +3.

5. Bull: skin of the Hero: This skin gives your body a silvery hue. This skin continually grants its wearer a +3 deflection bonus to Armor Class, a +3 resistance bonus on saving throws, and a +3 enhancement bonus on attack rolls.

6. Quamarra: Incandescent Sword: Incandescent Sword: This +4 holy greatsword glows with a bright light (a 30-foot radius equivalent to a sunrod) when it is held by a character of chaotic good alignment.

7. Lubok: ring of universal energy resistance: This gold ring is imprinted with symbols representing the five energy types. A ring of universal energy resistance functions for all types of energy: fire, cold, electricity, acid, and sonic. It provides resistance 10.

A BIG thanks to all of you that played this 2 year game in its entirity; Marc, Matt, Josh and Don. Thanks to Pete and Martin for their time when they were able to play, and finally to my brother Brad, who finally gave the game I love a go, and I know he enjoyed it very much, which was thanks to you all as well having a 'newbie' trying his hands at the dice...

I look forward to running a game again some day, hopefully with all of you taking part. It will not take place for another year, as myself and my wife will most probably be leaving Makkovik, Lab in June and living somewhere else and all the life changes a new job/community entails.

Talk to you all soon Crusaders!!!!

L.S.

yzarCritS
Red Cap

Post by yzarCritS »

Excellent write-up Rob! Love the big picture you've painted.

Thanks so much for all your hard effort you put into this campaign over the past two years. It was a real pleasure being part of it.

I'll miss Camille the most. :) You let the character grow despite the problems she added to your very crowded plate. Kudos to you for not intervening when you certainly could have.

On to the next adventure... see you guys whenever the wheels start rolling again!

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Yeah, it was a complete blast; one o' my favs for sure. :D
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Shameless bump so I don't have to search for my HR doc. Pure laziness :)

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Bump, for fun :lol:

Been awhile since I have posted on tlg.
Almost a year since I finished this epic one, many memories for sure!

L.S.

yzarCritS
Red Cap

Post by yzarCritS »

Epic!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

yzarCritS wrote:Epic!

Rgr, I just wish I could have played more! Now I just have to finish my masters and I can start begging for another game !!!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

good memories, had a lot of fun playing in this game

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »