Post by dachda »

me too!

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

ME WANTS...

Maybe if I'm nice, the postman will deliver it before the end of the week!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

D'oh...maybe tomorrow.

ShaneG.

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Today, I hope.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I got it in the mail today as well. Good lunch-time readin'.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Additionally, I'm glad to see new artwork on the inside. That Jason Walton character is worthy. I hope we get to see more of his stuff in future TLG releases too.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Mine is here as well. I haven't read all of it yet but it looks good.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Hoping the mail lady brings it today......

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Not today

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Mine arrived today, along with the dog tags that my wife purchases for making crafts. Gamer geek, and crafter geek alike are happy in this house! Congrats to Jim and company for doing a fantastic job with the issue once again. It's one of the few gaming mag's I buy apart from Knights of the Dinner Table(which reminds me, I've got to catch up on the last 5 or so issues), and an occasional online-only issue of Sharkbytes(for Savage Worlds). The only bad thing about issue 16 is that an advertisement reminded me that I might only be able to attend on Sunday at TrollCon. Damned bar band gig on Friday night, and quite possibly a STyx/Reo Speedwagon/.38 Special concert on Saturday night. I'll do my best for Sunday. But, I digress. Keep those Crusaders coming! P.S. All of the articles were very useful, or entertaining, but would definately like to see and adventure every couple of months at least. Even more Starsiege would be cool, as well.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Got mine today. Very nice indeed.

I think the Lollygag Inn is one of my favorite "generic" maps now... good job Peter!

Tylermo - being the writer of the the most recent 2 one-shot adventures I can promise you I am working on more to submit... I've just managed to load my plate so full everything I'm doing is a bit behind.....

... oh no.....

... I think I'm turning trollish.....

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

BTW another worthwhile article by Steve. His views on gaming are the best I have read in awhile. Read this month's Alea Iacta Est if nothing else in this mag.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

GameOgre
Ulthal

Post by GameOgre »

I got mine today!!

Though there was a mix up and my back issues and Eng. Dun. have not even been shipped yet! I called and Steve got it all strait!

I love calling the Trolls and getting Steve! I have several of his interviews and such going as background on the computer so I know his voice.

Felt like talking to a movie star!

Subscriber to Crusader Magazine!
http://www.cncsociety.org

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

Mine arrived
Now just have to look through it.

ShaneG.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I may receive mine sometime this week, with luck. Glad to see Crusader coming along nicely.

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

I noticed a lot of familiar names in the letters to the eidtor section. Do you guys know any of these people?

Know your roll!

jaguar451
Ulthal

Post by jaguar451 »

Got Mine tonight. (And 14 & 15 yesterday....)

Misc thoughts on 16:

Any solicitation done on those letters to the editor?
Alae Iacta Est -- Specific vs 'Badness'; Great read. And not what I expected based on the title (although don't ask me exactly what I expected....)

Overview of the A series was interesting. Although no A0? And the Witch Queen -- Evil beauty.

TL Freebies: Interesting take on what to do with a border keep no longer on the border. I like the inclusion of description and name (vs issue 15.) Can ignore if need be, but ads to the map IMO.

Stranger in a Strange land and the overview of Illusionist interesting reading as well

Although face it, Rangers are WIS prime.
The Aihdrian Chronicles. I always like the tie ins between the fiction and the monster. I suppose I should have read issue 15 first. And a minor spoiler below....

All in all, a great read. Tanks.

"... have you any sorcerers?" I loved the spell description, and for some reason reminded me of Indy pulling a gun on the sword master..... Aka, lets do this the easier way.....

jaguar451
Ulthal

Post by jaguar451 »

tylermo wrote:
....and quite possibly a STyx/Reo Speedwagon/.38 Special concert on Saturday night.

Now if I had the money, that is retro, and sounds fun! Although no mullet anymore...

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Retro, yet kind of modern-day cool as well. These bands are still very much alive and well. Styx was always poo-poo'ed by critics because they had a few sugary ballads, and because they weren't Neil Young, Elvis Costello, Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground, and all of the other bands that Rolling Stone's critics thought were cool. Those guys(whether you like the music or not) put on a very good show. The classic members are mid-50's to just under 60, and they still have the musical and vocal chops. But, I digress. This has absolutely nothing to do with issue 16 of Crusader. But, if you can make the trip from California to Missouri, we'll get a game of C&C going on the lawn while the bands play! Rock and ROLE indeed!

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

I might have promised to review #16 last month. So here goes (with new format and extra flavor crystals):pass/fail

Editorial (by JMW): Pass. Only left out one thing. You need a decent education because writing sucks when you know d**k about puncutation and make it up as you go along. Other then that was pretty good.

Letters to the Editor(by us):Pass. I think I recognised all these names here. LoL

Alea Iacta Est (by StC):Pass. I really enjoyed this article. Reminded me of that time the team rogue, who was a halfling ...
Dragon Grumbles (by TK):Pass. Now that Gary's column has run its course I've been looking forward to these 'early days' stories.

the Aihrdian Chronicles (by ???):Undecided. Cant pass judgment on setting stuff when I dont use the setting. I did love the artwork on pages 10 and 11 by Mark Allen.

Game Review (by ???) Pass. I suspect it wont be anytime soon I get this game. But those reasons are personal finances. There are lots of games I wish I could buy, and every month or so I'm adding another to my wish-but-doubt-it list.
Can readers do reviews of games or is that already taken?

The Crusader's Assault (by StC): Pass plus. I started C&C in the Haunted Highland series but we went to A series really soon after. This is my all time favorite series.

Convention Blog (by RMcB): Pass. Surprisingly I read it this time. And there is a handy guide to RPG Cons and , holy moly, I might be able to make one. Maybe. Kinda fuzzy.

Hammer & Anvil (by CC): Pass even though I never had a barbarian have any problems being "out of their element". Such as in a city.

Mark's Mechanics: Pass plus. Inspiring. Even though we seem to always have illusionists in our group (I know, we're wierd that way).

Roadhouse Rogues (by a different CC): Pass plus. Hilarious stuff.

The Angry Gamer (by TLG) Pass. Reminded me of a few game sessions. LoL

Monsters of Aihrde (by StC): Pass. This made me go back and look at the last months monster and appreciate it a bit more.
Cover art: Pass. Caution you will be expected to keep this kind of quality month after month.
All in all while not my favorite issue (that is still #15) this is definately a darn good one.

Know your roll!

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

I've only got to glance at this so far but it looks very good (as is the norm)

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Dammit...mine hasn't come in yet! Here's hoping my mailbox will be kind to me today.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Mine arrived today. I have some ideas for some things to send it to Jim. Just need to smack myself in the head to get-r'-done.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

As did mine! Yay!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

But the Canadian still waits...

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

moriarty777 wrote:
But the Canadian still waits...

M

A penguin ate it.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

gideon_thorne wrote:
A penguin ate it.

Every Canadian knows that Penguins come from Pittsburgh. Not Canada. (Mrs Charlie told me, LoL)

Know your roll!

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

James M. Ward here, to answer a few answered and unanswered questions.

1) I like doing the game page reviews. It's only one page, I enjoy the work so please don't send in game reviews.

2) I appreciate comments about the magazine even if they aren't all positive.

3) Steve C, 'the boss' does the fiction and I've asked him to tie it into the monster every issue. Please don't send in any fiction. However, if you have a good reason to write up some 'new' monsters and have art to go with it, send away.

4) I would strongly urge people to send me ideas they want to write up without doing all the work. I get back to people very quickly and can tell them yes or no on the thought. [email protected]. Label your email with CRUSADER in all caps.

5) The magazine is improving and at the moment we all work for free. When I get the magazine over 48 pages every month lots of things will change. Please get your friends to subscribe.

James M. Ward

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Sounds good Jim...thanks for the pointers!

*puts submission prospect back into file folder*