Crusader 25?

Post by Frost »

Is it out yet?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Crusader 25?

Post by alcyone »

I am confused by the latest tweet --
Crusader Journal No. 25 http://t.co/lhx72xEy Get yours today. If you subscribe drop me an email for a free copy! Print copy starts shipping!
So, if I have a subscription (I do, has at least one more issue left), I need to email to get it? Or is this for people who want to get a free PDF along with their paper subscription?

Print version isn't out yet, right?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Aergraith wrote:So, if I have a subscription (I do, has at least one more issue left), I need to email to get it? Or is this for people who want to get a free PDF along with their paper subscription?
The way I read the Tweet, was Crusader 25 is now available in digits. If your not a subscriber, you can head over to RPGNow and pick up in PDF format.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=95608

The trolls are saying to all the subscribers (of the print version, if you e-mail TLGs, they will send you a free copy - in digits of the Crusader.
Aergraith wrote:Print version isn't out yet, right?
According to the tweet, the print version starts shipping (I am assuming yesterday or today).

Anyway, I went ahead and e-mailed them, as I'm a subscriber and would most defintely want the Digital version.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Drop us an email at orders at trolllord.com and I'll get you a free digital copy one way or the other. Your print copy will ship in the next day or so. Some have already shipped out, but we are working through the subscriptions.

So fire us an email. I'll be sure to check it this weekend from time to time.

Steve

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

I need to get on that. Looking forward to seeing it. :)

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Has this shipped already? Anybody get theirs? I am thinking of getting the digital copy while I wait.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Eric, if you have a subscription, the Trolls will provide a free digital copy!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I wonder if my subscription has ran out yet?

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

Frost wrote:Eric, if you have a subscription, the Trolls will provide a free digital copy!
Has anyone received a digital copy yet? I emailed Steve, but have not gotten one yet.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I've missed The Crusader Magazine . . looking forward to getting them again!! :geek:

:D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

dunbruha wrote:
Frost wrote:Eric, if you have a subscription, the Trolls will provide a free digital copy!
Has anyone received a digital copy yet? I emailed Steve, but have not gotten one yet.
I emailed him at orders at trolllord dot com and got a response.

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

Frost wrote:
dunbruha wrote:
I emailed him at orders at trolllord dot com and got a response.
I got a response too (he was checking to see if it was the correct email), but then he didn't send the pdf...

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

dunbruha wrote:Has anyone received a digital copy yet? I emailed Steve, but have not gotten one yet.
Yes, enjoyed it very much thank you! Saw the thing up on the main page about it and e-mail the Trolls both to the orders and crusader e-mails. Got a pretty fast response from them and then had an e-mail sent to me from RPGNow saying I was given a free copy of Crusader all I had to do was input the code sent to me in the e-mail.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Do we know if the physical copy has shipped yet?

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Just got my print copy in the mail today.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Got mine in the mail just now! Yes!

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

*grumble*

No paper, no email, no nothing :/.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Just got mine today!
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

ssfsx17 wrote:Just got mine today!
Same here! Trollzah!!!

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Frost wrote:Just got my print copy in the mail today.
Got mine today as well.

This "free digital copy" thing has me thinking ... I've been a subscriber from issue #1 and have been thinking of re-buying Crusader in digital form so I can read it on my Nook. I wonder if the Trolls would consider a special discount for subscribers who want to buy e-copies of issues they already own. (I figure it's better to ask before buying...)
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Mine got to me on Monday. I had just emailed Steve, too, wondering if # 25 was coming and if my sub had run out. :oops:
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Mine (paper) arrived on Tuesday, and I expect like Lord D. my message to Steve passed my Crusader. :)
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

I have been enjoying my Crusader, don't know about you guys. While I was pleased to see my pankratiast class in there, I particularly likes the "Stairway of the Gods" one shot by John Wright. Excellent small adventure you can plug in anywhere in your own campaign or just run at a local gamestore for a demo. As always, one of may favorites is following the Aihrdian chronicles by Steve. Love the heck out of that. Steve, if you read this, you need to compile all that into a book. Really it was all pretty good stuff. Mesopotamian weapons, more ecology, and a fun read of the con recap.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Just finished reading through most of the Issue.

Liked the Stairway Dungeon pretty cool short adventure. Also enjoyed the Mesopotamian gear. It would be interesting to see the Trolls link up with High Moon Media and do a Testament: Castles & Cruades in the Biblical Era game. Or just develop one on there own as a running article in the Crusader. The chimera ecology was cool. Very timely as I have a niece that is now into monsters, including a toy chimera she has.

Pipe - The Pankartist Class was interesting and I like the idea of it replacing the monk as that is IMHO fits better. The Background was great! A lot of good ideas and abilities, but my initial read had me a bit overwelhmed by the varient abilities. I need to try it out in a game to see how it works. I suspect that with Hand to Hand combat, it will be intuitive with constant use of Grapple, Dodge, Overbear, charage, etc. But as I don't have much of that in my games of late, it seemed a bit complex.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Metal,
Glad you like the class. And yeah, it is complex at first, but hand to hand seems that way in C&C at first because of the overbearing and grappling rules. Once you start to use them a few times, then the Pankratiast abilities make more sense. C&C also has rules that cover tactical manuevers like dodge, and so on,which can give an AC boost. Because the class coveres all these little nuances, you really have to be intimate with the system to be comfortable with it. I plan on elaborating on "styles" in upcoming crusader issues, and possibly an adventure showcasing it. My own Airhde campaign uses the Pankratiast instead of the monk, because it fills the same niche, but fits the world's flavor better.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

CRAP!! I just bought it in PDF and I could have gotten it for FREE !?

Dang.

M

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Got mine. Looking forward to reading it soon!

:P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

I still can't keep up with all the changes in this damned hobby, but I'm still a member and I have a subscription, but haven't received my copy yet. Guess I'll have to send an e-mail. Btw, I do have a start on an adventure for GaryCon.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Piperdog wrote:Metal,
Glad you like the class. And yeah, it is complex at first, but hand to hand seems that way in C&C at first because of the overbearing and grappling rules. Once you start to use them a few times, then the Pankratiast abilities make more sense. C&C also has rules that cover tactical manuevers like dodge, and so on,which can give an AC boost. Because the class coveres all these little nuances, you really have to be intimate with the system to be comfortable with it. I plan on elaborating on "styles" in upcoming crusader issues, and possibly an adventure showcasing it. My own Airhde campaign uses the Pankratiast instead of the monk, because it fills the same niche, but fits the world's flavor better.
I got mine yesterday (it was sent to an old address so had to go to Florida and then back up to Oklahoma). As you know I'm a HUGE fan of the Pankratiast, so loved seeing it. However, the best words in the whole magazine was the "these classes .... will be explored in upcoming issues" Man, I want to see your other versions, I can't wait to see a dex based pankratiast!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

Hey there Mr. Troll. I got the Troll's Tusk, but no answer to my e-mail. I was raised as a redneck, but I can't do redneck things anymore, so this damned hobby is about all I have left. I'm still tryin' to keep my hand in. Like I said, I'll have an adventure for GaryCon (William's Caravan of Woe) , but life's real tough on the old mage these days. How's about an answer?