Random Idea

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
serleran
Mogrl

Random Idea

Post by serleran »

I see there is a "usergroup" feature for this forum. If that is anything like an email grouping, than, I have an idea of what it can be used for, if desired.

First, I propose those directly affiliated with TLG have their usernames added, so that all posters can easily have a "who's who" sort of thing.

In addition, if projects, say, the CKG are under development, those who are aiding can be added to a special CKG Developers group, which can serve all sorts of purposes, primarily in that (I hope) a single PM (for example) can be sent to all such members... making announcement both easier, and allows for less posting, so less threads to track through.

Anyway... I've no idea the viability, but, I wanted to toss that bit out.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Sounds like a good idea, where can I sign up?

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Random Idea

Post by Rhuvein »

serleran wrote:
I see there is a "usergroup" feature for this forum. If that is anything like an email grouping, than, I have an idea of what it can be used for, if desired.

First, I propose those directly affiliated with TLG have their usernames added, so that all posters can easily have a "who's who" sort of thing.

In addition, if projects, say, the CKG are under development, those who are aiding can be added to a special CKG Developers group, which can serve all sorts of purposes, primarily in that (I hope) a single PM (for example) can be sent to all such members... making announcement both easier, and allows for less posting, so less threads to track through.

Anyway... I've no idea the viability, but, I wanted to toss that bit out.

You've got it about exactly right Serleran. An admin could create a usergroup and setup the members. But from what I can tell, you can only e-mail them rather than PM, but that should be sufficient for your needs. I would agree that PM would be better than e-mail, but I don't see that option.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

What's a usergroup again?

davis

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

A usergroup is a grouping of user IDs, often given a title, like Troll Lords. If you wanted to ensure everyone with that identification got the same message, instead of manually sending the same message to everyone and possibly missing a few, you just send once, to the "id" Troll Lords, and they all receive the same message automatically.

Basically, its just a way to group peopel together, making management easier.