Serleran?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Morgrus

Serleran?

Post by Morgrus »

Did the forum zap serleran? His posts all say guest and his avitar is gone as well as all the p.m.'s sent. I...I...think the trolls ate him.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Serleran?

Post by gideon_thorne »

Morgrus wrote:
Did the forum zap serleran? His posts all say guest and his avitar is gone as well as all the p.m.'s sent. I...I...think the trolls ate him.
http://www.freeyabb.com/trolllordgames/ ... llordgames

See here.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Morgrus

Post by Morgrus »

Aaaaa that's sad. At least the trolls didn't eat him.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Just goes to prove;

Weapons wound. Words can cut to the quik.

Baron Grignak Hammerhand of the Pacifica Provinces-

High Warden of the Castles & Crusades Society
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Well, I checked that thread when it first started, when it had maybe one or two replies. I didn't see that offending post. Is it too forward (for lack of a better word) of me to ask what was said?

But thats not why Im posting.

Serleran, if you're still here, listening, watching, I truly hope you read this post. I haven't been around here long but in my short time here I feel like I've gotten to know many of the forum-goers here at this site. That being said, please reconsider your decision to leave us. I can say, with total and complete honesty, that this board is the absolute best board I have ever been a part of. The community here is the greatest and I'm thankful (I know...tacky, but true!) that I found C&C and this board community. I think 99.9% of the topics here are funny and/or poignant, the forumites are great conversationalists, and the moderators are beyond fair.

Serl, you owe me no favors. But maybe I can ask one anyway...it never hurts to ask. I only ask you to consider returning. I'm sure Rigon would readily offer an apology, if he hasn't already, to you for any offense - whether the offense was intentional or not. I'm sure it wasn't, even though I don't know what was said. Regardless of that, your feelings were hurt, and that's what matters. I'm sure many feel bad that you were offended, and I'm sure Rigon does most of all. Again, for what it's worth, I'd love to have you back, good sir. This place will be lacking without you here.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

Go0gleplex wrote:
Just goes to prove;

Weapons wound. Words can cut to the quik.

I really think Rigon was joking with him in a good-natured way. Sadly the boards don't always translate humorous quips well and, as others have written, I'm guessing Serleran misread Rigon's post.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... a god.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Yup. Exactly my point cs. It's far too easy to take words literally in the electronic aether...

been there...done that.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Well I'm sure this must be a misunderstanding. I've known and gamed online with Rigon for 3+ years. He's a great guy with a good sense of humor.

And serleran, Rigon and I (and many of you as well), have hung out from the old boards, to DF, to Keeper's Den and then here for these last many years.

Rigon has made his apology.

So, I'd like to see serleran get his ass back here and let's all move on.

If this doesn't happen, then - in protest, I'm going to stop wearing dresses, give LeRoy to an animal shelter, stop hugging trees and generally be a nuisance around here and blame serleran for all the problems of the world!

There, I've said and I mean it!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Rhuvein wrote:

If this doesn't happen, then - in protest, I'm going to stop wearing dresses, give LeRoy to an animal shelter, stop hugging trees and generally be a nuisance around here and blame serleran for all the problems of the world!

There, I've said and I mean it!

I've got a spoiler for you Rhu: you're already a nuisance around here!

PS- dont quit the boards, Im kidding
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Breakdaddy wrote:
I've got a spoiler for you Rhu: you're already a nuisance around here!

PS- dont quit the boards, Im kidding

Oh yeah, I'll show you nuisance . .

*Rhu lights a bit fat stoagie El Stinko and puts his feet up on breakdaddy's desk -exhales a nasty cloud of cigar smoke in BD's general direction*

"Say, did I ever tell you the story about when Laroo and I were trapped by a gelatinous cube in a dungeon corridor that dead-ended? No?

We only had seconds to act. Laroo cast some sort of magic bubble that shielded us from the GC goo.

Heh, twas the first time I passed out the back end of a gelatinous cube, doncha know!!" Rhu guffaws loudly.

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Dont make me sick leeroy on you, son!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Oh, no!! Here we go again!!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I guess that's ONE way to figure out where the front and back of a GC is.

Morgrus

Post by Morgrus »

Go0gleplex wrote:

Eeeewwwuue.

froglegg

Post by froglegg »

Go0gleplex wrote:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I think/hope that Serl is on pain killers, and thats why he reacted the way he did. He has been on message boards for far too many years, and knows Rigon has been around here and the old boards for years as well, to take offense under normal conditions.

So hopefully once his pain issues are resolved, etc... his mind will clear, he will accept Rigon's apology, and move forward.

I knew Rigon was insulting in a friendly way, but like Rhu I have gamed with him for years, so know him much better then Serl does. Even so, Serl has read as many of Rigons posts as I have, and Rigon is never mean or insulting to anyone for "real". Plus Rigon did put a smiley in the post, which Serl knows it meant Rigon was not being "serious" in internet jargon.

So like I said, there has to be abnormal circumstances going on in Serl's life for him to react like this.

So I look forward to seeing Serl back on these boards soon.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Orpheus
Ulthal

Post by Orpheus »

Serl does great work. Having said that, he can also act like a snobby contrarian. If it means that there won't be any negative answers to questions requiring positive answers then oh well. He spends too much damn time here on the boards anyway. Get out and get some sunshine man!

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Get over it!!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html