Music! What's new and good?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
KaiserKris
Red Cap

Music! What's new and good?

Post by KaiserKris »

I'm just curious as to what (especially more recently released) music people are listening to here.

Me, I'm really enjoying the new Mastodon album. It also has a cover that's just begging to inspire a fantasy adventure.

It's a few years old now, but I really, really liked Meliora by Ghost. The single "Square Hammer" from the Popestar EP is also really good. Really fun music.

narpet
Red Cap

Re: Music! What's new and good?

Post by narpet »

This isn't new... but it can inspire some fantasy, gritty gameplay...

The Sword - Age of Winters - https://www.amazon.com/Age-Winters-Swor ... =the+sword

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Strangely, to me anyways, is I've really gotten into a performer by the name of Leo of Frog Leap Studios. I found him on Youtube doing covers. The first that got me to start listening to more, was his Metal cover of Adele's Hello. The guy doesn't have a great voice, just a solid one, and he can apparently play anything competently, if not great. Plus his videos are surprisingly well done and entiertaining in their own right. Anyways, for whatever reason that I have yet to identify, I've taken a really strong liking to his covers, both metal and Acoustic.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I can't say any of this is new (an it probably isn't for most people's taste here - but if inclinded give them a try) but is is what I'm into recently

Of course there is Steve N Seagulls - I posted a link a while back on their version of 'The Trouper'

Then there are

Two Chellos - you have to love someone (well 2 someones) that can rock out Thunder Struck, Hysteria and mix Led Zepp with Beethoven, on Chellos - Plus my daughters like them, so it helps keep me from being stuck with cutzie girl music in the car with them

Iron Horse - Blue Grass covers of ALL KINDS of music - Their Version of 'Enter Sandman' is almost as good as Metallica's original, and like I said, there is all kinds of music covered by them From CCR to 'Rocket Man' to Ozie and the list goes on.

Post Modern Juke Box - different artist (with the same guy playing piano in all of the covers as the driving force behind the idea/music) doing covers of stuff in odd styles that you'd never think of associated with the song - '1970s Soul' '1930s Jazz' 'Vintage Chicago' - Their version of 'All about that Bass' is great - never heard the original but I'm sure I like PMJ's version better, 'No rest for the Wicked' is good, and almost anything from them with "Puddle's Pity Party" as the lead singer is worth hearing

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Straight up modern Jazz (not the over done 'Electro Jazz') - Again it is something my daughters (esp my older daughter) likes that keeps me from having to hear girlie music

Finally - Southern Raised - Modern Bluegrass Gospel - 3 sisters and their Brother straight out of Missouri Ozarks with amazing talent.

Oh yeah,
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Pentatonix has done a cover of "Imagine" by the Beatles. The video is seriously powerful.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Go0gleplex wrote:Pentatonix has done a cover of "Imagine" by the Beatles. The video is seriously powerful.
FWIW, "Imagine" was a John Lennon song from his post-Beatles career.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

I pretty much listen to metal (death, doom or older thrash) and synthwave only.
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Lurker wrote:I can't say any of this is new (an it probably isn't for most people's taste here - but if inclinded give them a try) but is is what I'm into recently

Of course there is Steve N Seagulls - I posted a link a while back on their version of 'The Trouper'

Then there are

Two Chellos - you have to love someone (well 2 someones) that can rock out Thunder Struck, Hysteria and mix Led Zepp with Beethoven, on Chellos - Plus my daughters like them, so it helps keep me from being stuck with cutzie girl music in the car with them

Iron Horse - Blue Grass covers of ALL KINDS of music - Their Version of 'Enter Sandman' is almost as good as Metallica's original, and like I said, there is all kinds of music covered by them From CCR to 'Rocket Man' to Ozie and the list goes on.

Post Modern Juke Box - different artist (with the same guy playing piano in all of the covers as the driving force behind the idea/music) doing covers of stuff in odd styles that you'd never think of associated with the song - '1970s Soul' '1930s Jazz' 'Vintage Chicago' - Their version of 'All about that Bass' is great - never heard the original but I'm sure I like PMJ's version better, 'No rest for the Wicked' is good, and almost anything from them with "Puddle's Pity Party" as the lead singer is worth hearing

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Straight up modern Jazz (not the over done 'Electro Jazz') - Again it is something my daughters (esp my older daughter) likes that keeps me from having to hear girlie music

Finally - Southern Raised - Modern Bluegrass Gospel - 3 sisters and their Brother straight out of Missouri Ozarks with amazing talent.

Oh yeah,
BBVD is great! Amy and I used to swing dance to their stuff all the time. I'd love to see them live.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

maximus wrote:
BBVD is great! Amy and I used to swing dance to their stuff all the time. I'd love to see them live.

Rgr one cool to see them live. But, I'll admit I can't dance - heck I'm from Oklahoma and can't 2 step - so you have me beat on the swing dance to them
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society