I'm alive

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

I'm alive

Post by Relaxo »

Hi. remember me?
I'm not dead yet!
Hanging in.

Metaphorically!
I should be clear I'm in good health, I just haven't been on the boars because I'm super busy with a divorce and it's related carnival of delights.

Might be nearing the light at the end of the tunnel? but I've thought that for months already. ugh.

But Captain Kirk PM'd me to check on me and I really appreciate it and wanted to say thanks and it made me remember I'm part of this online community and I really like that and maybe, just maybe, someone else might be wondering what's up with Relaxo? so I'm ok and getting better every day and by the end of the summer hopefully, I'll be active here again and enjoying unmarried life.

Hey every American: have a Great and fun and safe July 4th weekend!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: I'm alive

Post by Treebore »

There are a lot of old board members who haven't posted in a long time that I've wondered about. Just the other day I was in the online game forums looking at posts going all the way back to 2008. A lot of names in there we don't see anymore.

So if your around, and alive, post and let us know!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Good luck on the Rollercoaster mate.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Go0gleplex wrote:Good luck on the Rollercoaster mate.
Yeah, if my current marriage ever does fall apart, like it almost did not all that long ago, I am going to do my damdest to never marry again. It will help that all my kids are now adults, etc...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

I'm alive too! ;)

Glad to see you're hanging in there. Talk to you soon I hope.

Pat

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Glad to see youse guys back 'round here!

All the best,

Rhu. 8-)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rhuvein wrote:Glad to see youse guys back 'round here!

All the best,

Rhu. 8-)

+1 to that !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

I'm alive too... just barely navigating things with a major move from WI to Lafayette, La, and a massive and daunting new job.
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

As long as we're checking in, I'm still alive as well. I imagine that most of us are, but often fall prey to that time-sink that I call "life."
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

I, too, am still among the living. I've heeded the Call of Nostalgia and have been playing AD&D. I want to bridge the gap between my first (1980-1990) and second (2000-present) stints of gaming. By this I mean, I stopped playing in 1990 because I went away to college, converted to born-again Christianity, transferred colleges, entered the workforce, and married. In that time, I lost a lot of the crunchy knowledge I had of AD&D. So, when I resumed gaming in 2000 with my brother (with 3e) upon his return to civilian life after 8 years with the USMC, it was like gaming was new all over again. As I was the only one behind the DM screen, I was alone in trying to figure out why I was getting burnt out after 4+ years. I found C&C in 2005 (thanks to EGG and TLG's Peter Bradley) and it was a breath of fresh air, but things like limitless AC and skill checks inherited from d20/3e slowly ate at me. Therefore, I am returning to my favorite iteration of the D&D game and seeing what changes I want to make for my own "personal second edition," since I never got on board with 2e AD&D. Casey Christofferson's Book of Familiars is still getting use, for instance, and I imagine ascending AC will stay.

TLG's own Jason Vey has been instrumental in helping with his many notes over at his Grey Elf site (a site I am proud to say I have been visiting since at least 2001). Anyway, I may come back to C&C or figure out a way to use it and quell my issues. It is easy enough to use the adventures, after all, and the A series is still in my on-deck circle for the next time I get a large(r) group together for a game. My last fell apart due to family issues and/or disinterest (not on my end, so it's only a guess). In the meantime, one of my son's friends has a gamer dad and I met a local gamer through the Interwebz on Dragonsfoot with whom I gamed in an AD&D version of Castle Greyhawk DM'd by Grodog. Anyway, these two might be able to join us along with their kids, so long as my wife's battle with chronic anxiety and depression allows.

Thankfully, a few weeks ago, she asked me to take a shopping trip -- after 6 years of marriage, asked me to help her buy some dice. 8-) We rolled up a pair of characters (one magic-user, one fighter) and having been playing a solo campaign almost every night since 8/2. It's been a blast.

That's "where" I have been. We still have little ones in the house (3 & 1) along with the teen (son will be 14 next month), so things will be crazy for just 17 more years. :D

Happy gaming,
Michael / Zudrak
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Good to hear from you, Zudrak! Just because you don't play C&C currently doesn't mean you can stop by and hang out. In fact, I'm not currently playing C&C, either. I am prepping a C&C game (that starts with "The Inheritance," an old FR Dungeon Magazine adventure), but then it'll sit until the group gets tired of Edge of the Empire. That is, unless Adventures in Middle-Earth comes out first, then I might have to make a 5e game happen!

It's also awesome about the wife...I'm so thankful to have a wife that plays RPGs with me! Fun times!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Thanks, LD. This time of year, as my oldest son's birthday nears, I find myself over at The Rancor Pit or visiting the G+ Star Wars d6 community because he likes hosting a Star Wars d6 RPG session for his party. This will be the 3rd one in 4 years. I get to referee. All the kids are in one place and we all get to game. :D

Part of the reason for refraining from reporting on my gaming here / talking gaming is that I like to talk where I am getting ideas (which has been via blogs and Dragonsfoot.org) but also feel a pinge of guilt because I had carried the C&C banner for so long because I like the game and it helped free me from 3rd edition D&D.

Now that I have taken a dive into AD&D (and recovered most of my material from the "olden days"), I find myself yearning for a game more akin to 1st edition AD&D with a few more modern choices thrown in.

Like someone talking about Basic D&D said on G+ the other day: it's not really settling on a rule set, it's tweaking and adjusting to make the game one's own.

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I am not.

Thank you.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

serleran wrote:I am not.

Thank you.
I always knew it. Serleran is a wraith.

-- E. Gary Gygax